main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Darth Krayt could also fit the bill.

2. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Or Darth new guy

3. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Darth Uber Archetype

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlbates and Wildcatbarry like this.
  4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    bane is dead according to tcw.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  5. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Plagueis is the only one connected directly to the narrative of the film series.

StoneRiver and Immortiss like this.
  6. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    So having been out of the loop, what's the highest suspect right now? Plagueis as the overall big bad?

7. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013

Its the only connection we have to the original 6 movies, I'm confident that he will be the big bad but he won't appear until VIII or IX. I'm really excited for 7 to get the story moving, and really excited for Kylo Ren as the main baddie in 7.

LunarMoth and Immortiss like this.
  8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    there's no proof one way or the other.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  9. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    We have no idea who he is, really. But he allegedly appears (or at least speaks) in 3-4 scenes that were shot for TFA.

thejeditraitor and Immortiss like this.
  10. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    He is Über. He looks like an old man, zombie-like. He looks like a corpse. He has a typical villain voice. He can feel the Force.

I wonder if unnatural abilities are keeping him alive even though he's dead, or at least has the appearance of being dead.

11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I actually quite like the name Uber, anyway. You have to wonder, though, that if he is an ancient (or at least very old) being then he was most probably around during the OT and even the PT. I sense a retcon or two on the way.

Immortiss likes this.
  12. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Oh, I know. Just saying that all we have is a code name to go on. We don't know if he's modeled on Plagueis, or whatnot. It's also not clear if he's an alien or a human. All we know is that he is the big bad, he feels an "awakening" in the force, he allegedly looks a bit undead, and he tells Kylo not to get too sentimental.

Immortiss likes this.
  13. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Just a reminder, that's all. I would think that his look is so outlandish that he could very well be alien, if Serkis is playing Über as mo-cap. We know that Plagueis was an alien in the defunct book, so that makes it a bit of a tantalizing possibility.

I like the 'too sentimental' comment. It suggests that Kylo is indeed under his control. He's teaching him. I vaguely remember that, so thanks for the reminder.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  14. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Proof? No. But there is more reason to suspect Plagueis than any other character, and no reasonable info to suggest any other particular character aside from simply believing that it will be a brand new character.

Immortiss and plaidphoenix like this.
  15. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    1025 pages for 'we still don't know for sure'. [face_devil] Uber did good.

Revanfan1 and Import_Jedi like this.
  16. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    If we ask Yoda who the villain is, he'll say: "Difficult to see. Always in motion is the identity of the baddie." [face_laugh]

17. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    No! It's not Darth Plagueis.

18. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Gather round you unbelievers, we have in our midst one who has gazed upon the treasures contained within the Mystery Box.

We are all ears dlbates, enlighten us!

plaidphoenix and Dra--- like this.
  19. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    They are not going to choose someone to play the main bad guy that was mentioned in one scene in the prequel trilogy. They are going to pick someone that is more of a threat than Palpatine, not the guy Sheeves killed by out smarting him. The main baddie will either be very old (Darth Krayt, Darth Ruin, Darth Bane, Xar Kun) or someone new. I'm willing to bet a lot of money that Plagueis isn't the main bad guy. Even some of the rumors that Plagueis fans are quoting don't pan out to it being Plagueis. "Ancient Sith Lord" why would they pick the guy right before Palpatine to be the ancient evil? I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see Plagueis as the new bad guy but IT's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! Quote me on this, after I watch episode 7 I will post on this site that the main bad guy is not Darth Plagueis. You are putting all of your eggs in the wrong basket.

20. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    1, So you don't know?
    2, So you do know?
    3, I have not put any eggs in any baskets. I do not know who the Baddie is.

21. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Flapjack4 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  22. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    So... Are you willing to bet money or not? My first post after watching episode 7 will be the baddie is .....not Darth Plagueis. Not because it wouldn't be a good idea but because the people who beleive it's Plagueis have shot down every other idea without giving it a chance. I liked the Plagueis charecter but I think it would be funny to here all the Plagueis fans cry about how the movie would be better if he is the main bad guy.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  23. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    The voice in the trailer does sound a tad Maulish...

Because everyone is assuming that JJ will only do OT nostalgia for TFA, I have wondered how much (if any) PT nostalgia he will include. Something tells me that he will throw a few bones. I doubt those bones will come in the form of Darth Maul, but...

Immortiss likes this.
  24. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    I don't think Uber is talking to Kylo Ren in the teaser.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The old reports about Uber's teaser lines being directed to Luke were intriguing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.