main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    I agree. Don't try to hype up the reveal, we're already hype LOL

I just can't wait to know who Uber is. If it's Bane or Plagueis I hope he is actually used correctly. I'd hate for them to go the Maul or Dooku route. They were highly underused villains.

Does anyone know whether there will be a Jedi in TFA?

2. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    STAR WARS: The Force Awakens will introduce us to a new, young heroine and antagonist. We know Luke and how important he is to the overall story, yet we will only see him briefly in VII. The Quest for Luke Skywalker angle gives his character much needed mystery, even a mystical vibe. His counterpoint would appear to be Über. The same qualities may be attributed to him. Since they're both important to the narrative, yet seldom seen, and veiled in mystery. Therefore, I conclude it makes sense that we have some familiarity with Über as well.

3. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002

I want to have babies with this post. Bravo.

Wildcatbarry and Toonimator like this.
  4. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Wait. What if Uber is Darth Evazan? Serkis says he's been "through some stuff," and he probably has a personal vendetta against Luke and his pals. And he did mention that he doesn't like Luke, so that's some pretty strong evidence right there.

[​IMG]

5. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I'm Dr. Darth; and I don't like you either.

6. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Its sounds like we will see Uber in 7, and we know he speaks, so just in that its not the same as a passing OT mention of the Emperor. Also, not getting a name with whatever we do see and hear fron Uber in 7 will certainly add a different dramatic effect than the way the Emperor was introduced/revealed in the OT.

7. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Him having no name will just cause a million problems, tho. How will merchandise be labeled? "Dark Lord" or "Mystery Sith"? Boba Fett's name was cut from ESB (Luke says it when Leia's treating him in the Falcon med-bay in a longer version of the scene, if nowhere else), but he had a name that wasn't a secret by any means, and could be marketed. If Uber's got a zombie-like aspect to him, I don't want a repeat of the simplistic Kenner figures' names like "Squidhead" or "Walrusman"... "Zombieface" doesn't cut it anymore, even if he gets a proper name later in the trilogy.

8. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Thanks for the discussion Master Toon.

I am trying to attach a gift via my phone.

This forum is a bear when using the phone.

Guess I will have to attach in the morning Master Toon.

9. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    In another galaxy farther away Vader says to TFN "No I am not your father, Lando Rocks is your father

LANDO_ROCKS likes this.
  10. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Remember the Emperor was simply "Emperor" in all the merchandise back in the day, so I imagine Uber will be known by a similar title until later on in the series. Supreme Commander or something.

11. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015

Ahhh here it is Master Toon:

[​IMG]

12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Forget Darth Plagueis, we have an answer to this thread...

Granek and Wildcatbarry like this.
  13. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    As much as I'm a huge fan of Plaguies, I'll postulate another theory:

I'm thinking Uber is some character riff on the Vong and Jorus C'Boath.

Uber is rumored to make a comment about the Sith (that we've seen ) not being very smart, Ro2, yada yada yada.

Uber could be some Ponce De Leon-type Force user that left the GFFA many moons ago in search of the fountain of youth, more power, 'fill in the blank'; which may make his existence more plausible than possession or whatever. Vader used his hatred to keep himself alive in a mechanical suit. When he let go of his hate, he started the dying process. Hate doesn't heal, it corrupts. Can I get an "AMEN!" from TheBBP?

Getting back to the theory...

In the teaser trailer, when apparently Kyo is kneeling at some bright light water filled mega-spoon, it somewhat reminded me of the Yuzzan Vong's organic technology. Perhaps Kyo is some type of agent that has been contacted by Uber who lives outside the galaxy? Kyo being the pariah-type of Nom Anor / Yomin Carr, on a mission to disrupt and 'soften' resistance in the GFFA? He's not a Sith, he's not an extra-galactic alien (or is he?), he just a dude that was influenced enough by contact from Uber through either the Force or other organic means. Hell, maybe the Skywalkers, in the new canon, are extra-galactic beings? That may explain their origins, Force abilities beyond normal GFFA beings? I don't know...

Getting back to the theory....

Well anyway, if the Galaxy is ever to reunite as it was pre-Empire days, they are all going to have to unite against some type of clear and present danger that is bigger and more powerful than simple political ideology. It means survival. Empire and Rebels fighting side by side. (My wish) Jedi and Sith fighting side by side. All of which opposed to a destructive power that will take their combined efforts to defeat.

I say Uber is sitting on the doorstep with a galactic invasion force ready to invade by the end of 7. Sith? A more complete Force using style of being? Sith purebloods / Vong-type? Some of the rumored mega-weapons? Very Vong-like...

If they really wanted to reboot this franchise and set it on a journey of more than just one more trilogy, you'd have to open up the playbook. As we're approaching December, my expectations are rising. I'm really hoping this is a tale that will really endear me to the new generation. They can't continue to fight the wars of their fathers with much sympathy or emotional investment from the older generation.

TheBBP likes this.
  14. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    This is exactly where you lost me, because you obviously saw a teaser trailer nobody else saw. Nobody knelt at anything in the entire teaser, and Kylo's only appearance in it was stalking thru the woods and lighting his saber. No "mega-spoon", no "bright light water" anything.

Bullhead CIty likes this.
  15. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    wtf are you talking about? ha ha! Bullhead CIty link to this teaser please.

16. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    I give you an Amen Bull.

I like the NJO and Vong, my favorite series.

17. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    dear god people there's only ONE teaser trailer and it's this one.

anything else you've seen is FAKE.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  18. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    Where exactly are you guys hearing about Uber talking about Sith and killing Plagueis etc...I'm missing something

19. Bullhead CIty

Dec 1, 2012

Ok, let's skip the kneeling part, LOL!!! Let's go with the Vong angle!!!

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  20. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    Just a bit of clarification for my part:

21. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    i can't believe you thought this was real!! omg!

ps. vader didn't die because he stopped hating. wtf? and the vong, njo and all that old eu stuff is nonsense.

Toonimator and Bullhead CIty like this.
  22. Bullhead CIty

Dec 1, 2012
    I'm hungry for Star Wars!!! LOL!!!

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  23. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Yes...I'm left scratching my head at this, too!

Bullhead CIty and thejeditraitor like this.
  24. Bullhead CIty

Dec 1, 2012
    LOL!!!!!

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  25. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Fooled by fan film footage and dialogue from such varied sources as TFU, Anchorman 2, and other fan films. :oops:

Bullhead CIty and thejeditraitor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.