main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWITS

SWITS Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 7, 2015
    Kylo Ren is easy. that's Adam Driver's character.
    But what I want to know is who the Uber is. The guy that's telling Kylo what to do, that Andy Serkis is supposedly playing.

Perhaps it's Plagueis, but I don't know if they'd want to reach that far back.
    So, a couple other decent possibilities are that it could be Palpatine. Perhaps he somehow survived, escaped from the Death Star before it blew up.
    Or could it even be the original Inquisitor(from Rebels)? Perhaps he survived his fall to death as well.

2. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    i think kylo ten needs his own official thread...

Immortiss, TK327 and Dra--- like this.
  3. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Just thinking again about the rumored dialogue of Uber when Kylo kills Han: "Don't get too sentimental". This sounds as someone familiar with Han, who knows that it is Han (his father) that he is about to kill. An ancient sith lord or a random new sith lord may not say this kind of dialogue. [face_thinking]

Jaxxon- and DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR like this.
  4. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    He could have told the Sith or maybe he or she can feel the conflict through the force.

5. Darth_Lilapso

Darth_Lilapso Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    If Kylo Ren becomes a Sith Lord and takes a Darth title...

Darth Truder

Why? Darth Truder = dark intruder. Dropping a prefix is nothing new to Sith Lord naming. Take Darth Sidious and Darth Vader = INsidious and INvader. So Kylo might become Darth Truder. It's a thought anyways.

6. Darth_Lilapso

Jun 25, 2007
    I suspect that 'Uber' is the latest version of the Son (Brother)-Of-The-Dark (see Mortis Monument from Clone Wars tv show). This evil entity is older than both the Sith Lords and the Jedi Knights. Think of this evil entity as the SW version of Stephen King's IT and the hate-feeding creature from the Classic Star Trek episode Day Of The Dove. The Imperial faction known as the First Order are a cabal of Inquisitors that worship the Son (Brother)-Of-The-Dark. The Son (Brother) can possess beings and shapeshift.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  7. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Da
    Darth Ruin

8. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Or maybe the father. Master of the force (dark and light). Ever notice that the son looks exactly like the inquisitor?

9. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I've always thought this is a weird line, and I wonder if we'll even hear it. I can't imagine Uber's voice saying it. He waxes so philosophical in the trailer on the Force, and then later gives banal advice on sentimentality? Doesn't sound like something a Sith Master would say, maybe someone lower like an officer or even a pirate. I have a feeling the line is written differently than we've heard.

Still, if Uber kidnapped Kylo at a young age and knew who the Skywalkers were, I don't see the knowledge of Han or even Rose being a problem.

Mungo Baobab and nightangel like this.
  10. Darth_Lilapso

Jun 25, 2007
    The point is the Son (Brother)-Of-The-Dark can appear to be anyone. Another thing to remember is Qui-Gon Jinn's statement in The Phantom Menace - "There's always a bigger fish." In this case the Sith Lordship is the smaller fish. The Son (Brother) is an everlasting enemy. When you think you've killed it...it'll reappear as someone else...now or centuries down the road of a long, twilight struggle. Even the form of the Son is merely a façade.

11. Darth_Lilapso

Jun 25, 2007
    Had another thought regarding the look of Kylo Ren. His clothing and mask have a vague Old West rustic look. Kylo is a Sith 'cowboy'. Compare that to the general look of all past Sith Lords (or other evil Force users). Maul was the 'primal or tribal devil' in look. Tyrannus was dark elegance in look. Vader was techno-gothic in look. In an odd sort of way Kylo's look reminds me of a cross between Cad Bane the bounty hunter and Darth Revan.

12. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    That's interesting this idea of a Sith cowboy. Not sure I see the cowboy look you're describing, but more of a medieval feel. I'll look again though to see if I can see it.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  13. Robert Merrill

Robert Merrill Jedi Master star 2

Sep 23, 2014

Whoever Uber is I hope he doesn't disappoint. But like I've said a zillion times, I want it to be Plagueis. Especially after reading the Darth Plagueis novel.

Immortiss, LunarMoth and DarthSheev like this.
  14. Digladio

Digladio Jedi Master star 3

Jan 7, 2003
    Yeah, I don't see a cowboy look either (except for the scarf), but the mask and the lightsaber definitely have a medieval vibe going on. The rest of his garb reminds me more of a desert nomad, what with the hood being incorporated into the big scarf around his neck and shoulders. The more of Kylo Ren I see, the more I like his design.

15. Digladio

Jan 7, 2003
    I just don't see them using the celestials from TCW in the movies for 3 reasons: 1.) They're dead. 2.) Most of the audience won't be familiar with this minor story from a cartoon show. 3.) Filmmakers tend to want creative freedom to do their own thing, so I don't think JJ would like being constrained by something that was already fully explored and executed on TV.

my kind of scum and Dra--- like this.
  16. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I want to hear one of the henchmen for our new baddie say my emperor, I've failed you. A star fox reference would be a nice touch.

17. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I guess the desert nomad quality might link to some Westerns...

IMO, Kylo Ren and the chrome trooper are the best designs we've seen since Vader and Boba Fett.

Well, Cad Bane is pretty awesome too.

18. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

Please, no more Darths. Kylo Ren is plenty evil by the start of TFA. If he hasn't changed his name (and who's to say he hasn't?) then I don't think he's suddenly going to adopt a new name/title or go by Darth Broccoli or whatever at the end of TFA or in Episode 8.

I want Vader to be the last DARTH. Any dark side users or even Sith should not change their names going forward because making "Darth" a title was a huge brain cramp on Lucas' part. It should have been the unique dark name Anakin took on when he turned evil.

Even if Plagueis is in the ST, I'd rather he just be referred to as Plagueis and not "Darth Plagueis."

darklordoftech likes this.
  19. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Agreed. Making "Darth" a title was like making "Ben" a title. "Darth Vader" was clearly a pseudonym in the OT.
    Indeed, changinf your name implies that you're ashamed of your real name.

20. Dark Luke

Dark Luke Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2014

Yeah, same here. It's a brilliant design, imo.

Digladio and Dra--- like this.
  21. Digladio

Jan 7, 2003
    Provided Uber wasn't resurrected from a tomb, it does make me wonder what he was up to during the previous movies and TV shows, etc. He must have a kept a very low profile, unless he was somehow hiding in plain site the whole time, but I doubt this is the case. In order to be the master of Kylo Ren, he'd probably have to be quite old and experienced, which means he was around during those time periods. The way Andy Serkis performs the voice definitely supports this notion. So the next time you're watching the movies, TCW, or Rebels, just think...Uber is probably out there somewhere...plotting and scheming. [face_skull]

Dra--- and Immortiss like this.
  22. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

So, you think there should be a Death to the Darths so there'll be a Dearth of Darths? :p

Dra--- and Rodie like this.
  23. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Well the EU doesn't count anymore but I think they explained it that Bane decided every Sith Lord takes a Darth title. There were Darths before him but it wasn't mandatory. I'm cool with it either way. Darth or not, I just care if they are good antagonists. Exar Kun, Marko Ragnos, Ajunta Paul, Naga Sadow. They all seemed like solid bad guys.

24. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Is it me, or does it seem like the Inquisitors and Imperial Security Bureau are being mentioned a lot? Between Rebels and the new canon books, they're getting a lot of mentions.

I wonder if that means they're the reason the Empire is able to reorganize into the First Order after ROTJ. In the Legends continuity, the post-Palpatine Empire was mostly a "secular" (or non-Force user) led Empire until the Fels. Now, it seems like the Empire is being preserved by the Inquisitors and/or Palpatine's secret apprentice (if there is one). It would explain some of the rumors we've been hearing about Kylo Ren and company.

darklordoftech likes this.
  25. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I really suspect that 'Über' is Darth Ruin. It was rumored a while back that Ruin would be the name of the bad guy, but I don't believe it was ever proven or refuted. However, based on George Lucas' old story ideas and an old script draft, Darth Ruin was the first Sith. Given that Serkis is supposedly playing someone who is 'old and decrepid,' 'been through a lot,' 'corpse-like,' etc., maybe that is still who he'll be? The question is, will this character be real, or a spirit of some kind? If not, how is he still around? Then again, maybe I'm wrong and it's just a surviving inquisitor of some kind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.