main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Or maybe, where there's Snoke, there's "Fire at will, commander!" :p

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  2. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    It was Snoke all along! I should have seen it coming...

3. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    More likely a portmanteau of snake and smoke. The fish reference can still apply though, as it was that of a long fish, like a barracuda.

These qualities do suggest the possibility of doubleness or something kept hidden. But that could simply be the traditional duplicity of a regular villain, and not a secret identity.

Let's not forget that Plagueis had a real name too: Hego Damask. So that's strike two for Plagueis, IMO.

This character may look like a snake or a serpentine fish. There will be something hidden or smokey about him: what will it be?

"Supreme leader" suggests a strong narcissistic personality.

So Uber appears to mainly have been a reference to his being this supreme leader of the First Order. It doesn't necessarily mean most powerful figure in the Saga.

4. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    So pleasantly, shocked and surprised...

5. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Supreme Leader suggests the highest political and religious authority in the First Order. The 'Order' suggests Sith, perhaps pre-Sith: FIRST. Fundamentalist groups are generally interested in reforming or returning to the pure or original faith. The First Order may allude to such reform.

If Snoke is an alien, zombie-like villain, I wonder how Darth Plagueis and Darth Sidious figure, if at all, into the development of dark side knowledge and the rise of Snoke. Now doubt Snoke is practicing either scientific 'unnatural abilities', the dark side magic of Sidious, or both. Perhaps he's completely unrelated.

Re: the prophecy....it probably meant the Sith within.....Vader himself. Not the Sith Order. One wonders if Kylo Ren even knows the truth about Vader, i.e. a redeemed Jedi Knight.

Supreme Leader Snoke reminds me of President Snow.

StoneRiver, Dra--- and Krueger like this.
  6. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Snoke Plagieus

7. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I guess the Jedi's goal will be to establish the galaxy as a No-Snoking Zone. :p

Seriously, I'm intrigued by the "Supreme Leader" title. That's seems to provide evidence that the First Order is more "religiously-oriented" vs the mostly secular Empire of the OT and Legends-verse. There are two countries that I'm aware of where a leader has that title (or something similar): Iran and North Korea. The Ayatollah in Iran might not run the day-to-day affairs of the country and there might be a "secular" President from time to time, but there's no doubt who's in charge. While North Korea isn't a theocracy, there is a cultish mindset about its leaders.

8. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Right, it can just be religious in the sense most totalitarians think in terms of the divine right of kings.

9. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    I think the First Order is going to be as simple as "Remember when things were so much better under the Empire, when we could all agree on the way things should be? Before the Rebellion ruined everything? We're bringing it back."

10. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015

Yep Supreme Leader does go along with the First Order stuff. If the name is Snoke that would suggest an alien to me and not a human ruling out Darth Bane most likely. I guess if Plagueis was supposed to have died and returned somehow there is a slim possibility it is him using a different name than Hego Damask.

Immortiss likes this.
  11. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Who's the Baddie?
    Supreme Leader Snoke
    Kylo Ren
    Captain Phasma

now all that's left is the General and we get are 4 main Baddies of VII.:D

cwustudent likes this.
  12. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014

Ensemble badness. There are worse things.

starocean90 likes this.
  13. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    [face_laugh]

Plagieus theories never die.

14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm sorry, but it wasn't. Before TPM, "Darth Vader" was just a pseudonym of Anakin Skywalker, just like "Ben" is a pseudonym of Obi-Wan. Based on your logic, all Jedi should be called "Ben". Palpatine was never called Darth Sidious before TPM.

15. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    Right. He was always referred to as Palpatine or just the Emperor in the films and novel.

16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    we don't know that for sure. only gl knows.

Darkslayer likes this.
  17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    We don't know what GL was thinking, but we do know what the movies, novelizations, toys, and EU said and didn't say.

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  18. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    Easiest way to find out is to read all the novels that mention Sidious pre-TPM and see if whether or not they ever mention 'Darth' or 'Sidious'. I'm about 8 novels past RoTJ and still no reference of such

darklordoftech likes this.
  19. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    palps wasn't a sith originally though.

20. lawton

May 12, 2015

Also if I remember the original Star Wars novel correctly it was said that the people mostly thought Palpatine was a good guy but that he had just became a figurehead or something like that and it was others having the bad stuff done pulling the strings behind the scenes. It may have suggested he hadn't made hardly any public appearances for years leading to that thinking if I remember correctly. Hard to believe that could be the case after so many years however.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    You do remember correctly. The EU (both Legends and the Tarkin novel) explained that by saying that he would often go into seclusion to study the dark side, leading him to be perceived as a figurehead who partied in his palace while the Viziers and Moffs made the decisions.

Exar Kun and Naga Sadow were Dark Lords of the Sith and they weren't Darths.

22. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    e.u.

cwustudent likes this.
  23. lawton

May 12, 2015
    Just thinking how crazy it is the voice behind the first trailer belongs to someone named Snoke. :(

24. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    Yeah they're getting crazy with some of the names. I feel like they used a name generator to choose some of these new characters :p

25. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.