main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    [​IMG]

Any connection with Snoke? :p

Joking aside, we can assume that Snoke is force-sensitive right? Based on what he says in the first teaser, unless he has a habit of speaking poetically of course.

2. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    What if Snoke and Maz are related in some way?

3. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    Snoke does have that Dickensian ring... instinctively sounds like some kind of obsequious factotum rather than a mighty, all-powerful 'Supreme Leader', and it's important that we think about the potential depth of his story, too.

How has he got to the position of power? Mastery of the Dark Side?

Is Ren his attack dog as Vader was to Palpatine?

Will Snoke be slain by his underling and the Dark Prince rise to become a King?

Tracing SW roots back to Flash Gordon, it would be nice to see Kylo Ren rise to a kind of 'Ming the Merciless' role, only to realise the error of his ways and fall on his sword later on...

If Kylo Ren is a prince now, there's time yet for him to become the King of the Galaxy.

Dra--- likes this.
  4. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    "Supreme Leader" Snoke.

"First Order"

"Catapult" weapon

---------------------------------

Could the Yuuzan Vong, or something like them, make an appearance after all in the ST?

Remember the initial rumors that the "Empire" would play a third party in the ST? Rian Johnson was watching a lot of "12 O'Clock High" - massive flight combat / bombing. The Vong do seem to bring the noise with weaponry.

The quest for Skywalker might be important to eliminate the teacher of Jedi? Or hell, maybe Kylo thinks he can force (pardon the pun) Luke into training him even further into the ways of the Force?

Kylo could be on his own personal quest to rapidly develop his inherited powers to either please his allies, or as an attempt to save the galaxy on his terms?

Yes, I see Stormtroopers, Imperial stuff co-oped into "First Order" material... No. I don't see any Vong. That doesn't mean that Snoke could not be an extragalactic alien species. The First Order very well could have been Vader's unit and all that. Kylo wanting to drive the family wagon, ok on that too. The Vong could be playing Kylo and by extension the First Order by "speaking" to them as a supposed deified Vader?

Just some lunch hour thoughts!!!!

5. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    It's starting to sound more and more like it might be a mash up of a lot of EU ideas. Some vong ideas some plagueis ideas. Hopefully they can pull it off. They have plenty of work to "borrow" from.

Bullhead CIty likes this.
  6. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i wonder how much time they'll spend explaining how these new villains got into whatever power they have

7. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Love the Vong.

That would be too cool.

Bullhead CIty likes this.
  8. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I think Snoke is likely some kind of religious fanatic. Or at least someone who uses religion to control people.

I don't see the name lining up much at all with Plagueis. Unless Plagueis is now a smokey snake? How would that connect to cheating death?

9. Homesick-Moose

Homesick-Moose Jedi Padawan star 1

May 11, 2015
    Snoke.

I think there was a pilot in the EU named Snoke. In any case, it's a real surname; but, I can't see a major character like that not having a name with symbolic references.

So, are the writers saying that the Supreme Leader is the equivalent of eCigarettes? :p

(No endorsement is intended.)

http://www.isnoke.com/en/

According to the Urban Dictionary, snoke is a reference to illicit drug use. Hmmm.

10. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Snoke could still be Plagueis. Darth titles are separate from birth names.

Anakin Skywalker - Darth Vader
    Count Dooku - Darth Tyranus
    Sheev Palpatine - Darth Sideous

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes... this is why I've been thinking it could be premature to say "Ha! He's not Plagueis!", as some have been doing.

12. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    probably none. just the crawl. you always come in during the story. previous crawls...

ep 1 there's a trade federation
    ep 2 there are separatists
    ep 3 there's a guy named grievous

ep 4 there's an empire
    ep 5 there are bounty hunters
    ep 6 the emperor's here

ep 7 there's a first order and their supreme leader is snoke

13. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    yeah i was thinking that.

"when last we left our heroes they had just killed the Emporer. Now there's a new one" [face_thinking]

14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    not an emperor and no empire though. or at least they aren't "the baddies".

i forget. IS the empire completely gone now?

15. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yuuzhan_Vong

Skip down to Culture, Society Description.

D'an likes this.
  16. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

Ah... Good catch. Very interesting!

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Snoke spoke a joke.

18. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015
    Snoke was the name of an x-wing pilot killed in the battle of endor. It was his first name however.

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]
    :p

20. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    What am I looking for, the religious connection?

There's one important difference between the Vong and Snoke: the Vong don't feel the Force, IIRC.

In the first trailer Snoke clearly feels the Force.

While Snoke could still be Plagueis, Plagueis supporters now need to accept some kind of revision of the name Hego Damask. In other words, if they're still going with Plagueis, it doesn't look like much of the book on him will be retained.

Another issue is when you think about the physical qualities the name Snoke implies, none of these seem synonymous with Plagueis. Nor was Plagueis a religious fanatic from what I recall, and Snoke may be. It's not merely about the new name but that the overall profile seems to be different.

Unless someone wants to make the argument that a shedding snake suggests cheating death?

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  21. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    This was going to be my reponse, just for the sake of argument, but you beat me to it. Rebirth, snake eating it's own tale to represent the cyclical...all that jazz.

Dra--- likes this.
  22. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I've been waiting for Plagueis supporters to bring that possibility up. But since we're discussing it, I wonder if they would be open to Plagueis being a kind of snake alien?

And let's not forget the smoke aspect.

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  23. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I think the smoke aspect could be, as many have said, a smoke and mirrors type vibe. Hard to see for what he is, shroud of the dark side. Some how ephemeral and ancient at the same time.

I think the DP ship has sailed, but it is still fun to debate.

Going with the serpent thing.. could there be a biblical vibe later in the ST? Rey is tempted by the forbidden knowledge Snoke offers, but eventually is the progenitor of the new Jedi order.

A reach, to be sure. Just having fun with it.

Dra--- likes this.
  24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    It is possible. I do wonder if that snake creature has a connection to an ancient Sith Lord.

Dra--- likes this.
  25. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I'm not sure it's a reach. We've had these rumors of an ancient or original evil for the ST. Snoke definitely has devilish connotations in his name.

Wildcatbarry and hippie1kenobi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.