main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    the more i tink of it, the more I like the Plagueis idea, was one of my fave scenes in ROTS and its inclusion and Lucas' involvement in the book. Surely the Plagueis story told to Anakin must mean more than trying to get him to turn to the darksideto save her life! Also, many think we will see Yoda etc as ghosts, maybe Plagueis will be a ghost too, directing someones hand

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It wouldn't make sense to have a non-Sith darksider. What's the difference, besides the name?

It has to either be Sith, or something entirely new.

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If darksiders are anti-semites, Sith are Nazis. I'd be happy to discuss it at http://boards.theforce.net/forums/star-wars-saga-in-depth.10456/.

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Voldemort wanted to control the Wizarding World by gaining control via Pure-Bloods and terror strikes.
    Plagueis could attempt to gain control of the galaxy by manipulating the Force to weaken an enemy or create an army of force monsters.

Besides Voldemort was an arrogant character. Plagueis didn't seem like that to me.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well when I think of the unresolved threads left over from ROTJ (namely the restoration of the Republic and the Jedi Order) I try to think of what type of villain that we haven't seen before could cause our heroes the most trouble in accomplishing their goals. How about a character who lived through the tumultuous events of the PT and OT and one whose views were shaped by them. I'm thinking a non Force sensitive politician who believes the Jedi and Sith were equally responsible for the fall of the Republic and will do anything to prevent something like that from ever happening again. Of course he wouldn't be above using Force users for his own nefarious goals so we would have our lightsaber duels. I'm drawn to a villain like this because it just feels like such a natural outcome of everything that came before and would give us a view of the Jedi post-ROTJ that we haven't seen yet.

darklordoftech likes this.
  6. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Very true. Then I suppose we would have evil lightsiders, because the Dark Side involves hatred, not just evil.

7. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Well, when I mentioned him using Force users I didn't mean Jedi or Sith. Actually, what I was thinking is that he would be in charge of a secret program that was indoctrinating young Force users to become soldiers or something. This would of course be part of his plan to wipe them all out but I haven't thought it all out. :p

8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I never said otherwise.

9. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013

I think that depends on what you mean by "non-Sith darksider"
    Couldn't there be a bad force-sensitive out there that has a different agenda and different powers than the traditional Sith -- or does that just make him a Sith?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I misinterpretated what you were saying. My apologies. :)

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    See my post. Sith is a Dark Side cult (in the movies). Unless they go with the EU Sith meaning, what you suggested would definitely NOT be a Sith. Darth Archimage

12. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    Here's my ideas of worthy new villains:

1.Have Luke's Jedi Order come to an extreme disagreement and therefore be split into two (kinda like the Marvel Civil War from the comics).
    2.Have insane clones be made of the Jedi order (an echo to Thrawn trilogy).
    3.Bring back the original red Sith from the Old Republic era an make it so that Anakin's prophecy didn't really apply to them.

13. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    He was arrogant enough to think he could and should rule the entire galaxy.

14. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Man....I wont want to be on this thread if they say Plagueis ISNT the villain. Then again...something tells me that even if Disney said he isn't the villain and the actual villain looks nothing like Plagueis and his backstory doesn't fit *like too young, different origin, ect* people will STILL speculate that he might be Plagueis in disguise or that Plagueis is somewhere behind the scenes controlling every single thing. I just see this Plagueis debate not ending any time soon even if he never shows up in the movies and no reference is ever given to him in the sequel trilogy

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd say that such speculation would be 100% reasonable as long as the Saga continues.

Darth Claire likes this.
  16. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Totally. It's going to be entertaining to watch cause if this "pre announcement villain" talk is insane, imagine how crazy it will get when people start saying events from the sequel trilogy were caused by him (like "Luke was killed by that villain BECAUSE Plagueis was off somewhere manipulating Luke's mind to make him weaker") Its going to be glorious to watch the speculation ;)

17. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yep. It looks like the Plagueis debate will be very similar to the whole clone Sidious debate during the PT. We probably won't have an answer until after Episode IX and even after the ST ends if Plagueis isn't the villain I can still see some arguing that he'll show up in the SST. Point is I don't see an end to this debate for a very long time. :p

18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Somebody else who remembers that!

19. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yep. I doubt even Lucas himself coming out and saying "Sorry...its a new villain never seen on screen or in the EU before" would convince people. We'll probably get "But Plagueis was never seen on screen SO THERE IS STILL A CHANCE". I also can't wait for the "Blame Game" if we get to acceptance stage. I swear to god if I see one "Well obviously Lucas wanted Plagueis to be the villain but the evil JJ Abrams said no so thats why its this new villain" I might die a little inside. :p

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm firmly in the Darth Plagueis will be the villain of the ST camp but won't be let down by the ST if he isn't the villain. To me it makes logical sense.

Dra--- and darklordoftech like this.
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm open to anything except a clone of Palpatine or Vader (which would be the stupidest thing they could do and would make me walk out of the theater in disgust!) I just firmly believe that it will be something unexpected and probably very original. But if it is Plagueis I'll give it a shot and I hope Lucas/Arndt will be able to convince me.

22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    But that's my point. Any darksiders who aren't Sith would just be a step down from Sith... and why would the ST have an enemy that's like the Sith, but not as evil/powerful?

23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The ST could introduce something even worse. Sith are Nazis as far as I-VI go, but the ST could introduce a new "Nazis".

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That is the struggle in finding the right villain. Moreso, I think, than even a "cool" design aesthetic or even the writing. Simply not outshining Palpatine, but not underselling the new villain, either.

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    But what would that even look like?

And why shouldn't they be called Sith?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.