main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Because humans have libido and presumably so do most of the other species.

Not to mention you don't need libido to impregnate, there's always artificial insemination.

Dra--- and Darth_Pevra like this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Why the hell wouldn't the Jedi or the Sith have libido?

And I could see Palpatine having a kid and setting that kid aside for his "political career" (aka his Sith career). Of course there aren't too many quicker ways to fuel Dark Side level bitterness than banning sex, which Lucas himself said the Jedi didn't do.

That said, I hope they don't go the father/son route again. I read the first Legacy comic yesterday and I thought the premise set for the Sith return, feeding on people's anger from war destruction, was a good one and reminiscent of the beginning of World War II. If the Chosen One prophecy must remain, a Dark Jedi could take over instead of a full-blown Sith.

Dra--- likes this.
  3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Short question: Do you think Palpatine was sexist? Because if he fathered a daughter that might play some role.

Dra--- and darklordoftech like this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    He was species-ist, so sexism seems at least plausible as well.

Dra--- likes this.
  5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Good point. In fact, I think people would find it less cliche if it was a daughter. We'd be getting a female villain for the first time. I actually really like this idea, because a female villain could work as a meta-commentary on the overly male-oriented focus of the first two trilogies. But now vengeance will be served on the patriarchal world of Lucas. At least for a time... :(

6. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Very interesting. Maybe Palps didn't even consider a daughter a threat. And he just ignored her.

I like this idea because it could contrast with the probably close family ties of the new Skywalker/Solo generation.

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Sith are all about passion. So if anything, Palps might have a bunch of lil angry Palps out there, flying around.

8. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I'm sure Palpatine had an entire harem. But the less is said about this topic, the better.

Darth Claire and Dra--- like this.
  9. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    ha!

his offspring could be a female twilek!

10. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    The Darth Plagueis novel goes into great detail about Palpatine's past, and is probably the most credible source of info on the subject due to how closely Luceno worked with Lucas. Sidious is NOT some ancient being; he is the age he appears to be (in his early 60s in RotS), and while being something of a ladies man, the dark side of the Force was his significant other, as it was for Plagueis (he explains this whole thing in the novel as having something to do with the concept of Ashla and Bogan), and probably most of the Sith Lords and darksiders in general. It reminds me of the dark sorcerer in the Conan story, People of the Black Circle, who scoffs at the beautiful girl he kidnaps because he could have demon mistresses from hell anytime he wanted to, and she was nothing compared to that, according to him.

11. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Can you elaborate on ladies man? Did he like twileks? i hope so.

12. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Haha, it's just a scene in a restaurant where the 28 year old Palpatine picks up a waitress. I think Kinman Doriana is there as well (I could be wrong) and Palpatine gives her "number" to him as a favor.

anakinfansince1983 and Dra--- like this.
  13. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    baby mama

14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    double-posters

Dra--- likes this.
  15. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    I want the Vong without all the convoluted stuff about them. I think they're an interesting concept which could make a great movie saga. I mean a warrior race of space-Orcs who wreak havoc across the galaxy with bioengineering technology with total immunity to the Force, Lightsabers and blasters would be a great villain. If you want to, throw in a Sith collaborator and we have our movie!

16. TheCIS

TheCIS Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 21, 2013
    Or a giant cheese

Dra--- likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yes please.

To your list I would add "a belief system that leads them to think their gods will shun them if they use technology."

Force Smuggler likes this.
  18. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    The Prequels put a bit of a damper on that with Maul, Sly Moore, and Mas Amedda; it's mostly an EU creation, based on the fact that all Imps in the OT were humans--and ONE guy said "Where are you taking this...thing?" about Chewie (followed not long after by Leia dismissing Chewie as a 'walking carpet', so...).

The Rebellion also lacked species diversity besides Chewie for two full movies until the ROTJ briefing with Mon Cala, Dresselians, Ishi Tibs, and Sullustans being present... just makes me wanna see scenes in the ST where humans are clearly the minority (even in Jabba's Palace, there were humans all over the place)

19. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Maybe the Sith do impose a state of celibacy? That way they could use the pent up sexual frustration to fuel the dark side :mad:

Dra--- likes this.
  20. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    I don't think Palps could have offspring without Vader knowing about it or at least sensing it. If that's the case, Vader would've told Luke before he died so Luke could nip that threat ASAP.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    And since the Empire was somewhat based on the Roman Republic/Empire and with what happened to that, splintered into 2 and then overrun by the hordes I can see that happening in the ST. Or am I over thinking this?

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    No, they don't. You can't count all the bootlickers and sychophants who surround him in the Senate, that may or may not be under his control. If anything, it makes him even more of a specist, considering he's set them all up as the fall guy. Especially the leaders of the Seperatists, since they're all aliens. It's even mentiond that he plays the Senators' prejudices against each other, too. As far as Maul is concerned, he had no choice since he was given to him out of the blue. He just took advantage of the situation, that's all. Besides, he was just another fall guy that proved he was despensible to his cause. Dooku and Anakin were both chosen by Sidious personally, though.

23. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    That already happened in the prequels with the Separatists and the Republic.

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Except that was still the Republic. The Empire came after.
    Also the Separatists were part of the Republic before they broke away. The Vong are not.

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  25. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I think reproduction is anathema to the Sith. Why? Because Sith are the embodiment of evil and only transcend their life experience through life destruction or alteration, not natural reproduction. If Sidious wanted heirs, he would have used an unnatural ability to create them.

That's why Jedi are Force Ghosts and, perhaps the Sith are the undead, zombies, skeleton warriors, something unnatural in the afterlife in the ST.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR and Dra--- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.