main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Nah, I'm pretty sure Boba and Palpatine are dead.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Fett and Palpatine aren't dead.

Dra--- and darklordoftech like this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I distinctly remember one falling into a giant Sarlacc and the other being thrown into a reactor shaft.

4. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    One fell into a pit where he was slowly digested over a 1000 not killed instantly. He will escape.
    The other released blue light/force energy or whatever it is so that might have been a transportation thing so he might be alive.
    The former is more likely though.

Dra--- likes this.
  5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm not saying this is beyond the realm of possibility, because it's Sci-fi, but I really hope (and really think) this is not the case. I do think it will be someone new we haven't seen before. The blue light I always took to be the reactor and the Force Lightening he was hurling at the time.

6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't expect Palpatine to be the villain in the ST but to say a master of the Dark Side like him is dead? Nope, don't buy it. I am biased because it has happened in the EU but that light could be used as the reason he came back or something.

Dra--- likes this.
  7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Alive, but not the villain?

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    So... enjoying retirement while wearing a fake moustache and sitting on a beach?

9. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    He might not come back but I would not be surprised if he did.

Dra--- and darklordoftech like this.
  10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Yeah. Luke will be like, "Who cares that you turned my dad to the Dark Side? There's a new villain in town."

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Luke won't even know... if the fake moustache is convincing enough.

12. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    There all dead. We should have a trilogy of zero conflicts and utter peace. We can pay $15 to watch white light on the screen for 2 hours. Serenity now...serenity now...

Dra--- likes this.
  13. Boba_Fat83

Boba_Fat83 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    I feel like episode 7 will have a military-man type villain with the new generation (Han and Leah's Twins) there to save the day but clearly setting out that one of them leads to the dark side.
    End of episode 8 has the bad twin officallay turning becoming main bad for episode 9?
    Just a thought[face_worried]

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I hope the ST writers are creative enough to come up with their own new characters rather than resurrecting and recycling old ones.

All things die, Anakin Skywalker. Even the stars burn out.

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Love that quote from the ROTS novelization.
    Fett has the better chance to come back. He didn't die. It'll take a bit of work but he will escape and we will see a new Fett in the ST. Palpatine won't come back but he could. Not counting him out ever.

16. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    If the EU is anything to go by, then Fett survived. If it is to be ignored, however, and you want him to show up anyway, well, I think I covered it nicely in my post here.

As for Palpatine, the only way I see him showing up in the ST is if he comes back as a Force Ghost after a "fourth-quarter conversion to the Light Side"! "My story is not over! We partyin' or what?"

Like this? :p
    [​IMG]

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    If there is to be a Fett spinoff movie after ROTJ they will have him escape the Sarlacc. No questions asked.

Sean Sinclair and Dra--- like this.
  18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    You can't change villains within a trilogy.

19. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I suppose God is a bad writer for resurrecting Jesus twice. :)

Edit: I dislike the idea of a military villain. That's been done in many many movies and books. Not original. Also, this is sci-fi fantasy: the villains should be related to the genre, IMO.

20. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    i want it to be a Fett so so so much........or an Ex Imperial guard.....still like the Plagueis idea too

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Fett won't be the main villain but he will be there.
    An ex-Imperial guard could work but I have to go with Plagueis as the villain.

22. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Oh yes lets just rehash all the old villains! Skrew originality and variety! Lets just keep reusing all the famous villains cause we obviously want more of the same. New villains with new things we have never seen? BAH how stupid. Lets just ressurect Palpatine because that in no way will be disappointing and predictable and totally destroys the ending of the past films. No way whatsoever. You know...what is dead may never die. (insane amount of sarcasm here) :p

But in all seriousness whats dead should stay dead.........but I got a bad feeling that Disney/Lucasfilm might ressurect Palpatine just to throw in some "OMG PLOT TWIST GASPER" into episode 8 or 9.

23. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    ive always wanted to see a Fett wield a red sabre but i guess a Mandalorian would do

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Not everyone believes that actually happened.

And I don't want to see Plagueis either. Palpatine killed him. If we were led to believe that a character died...leave it that way.

A new, original villain please.

Darth Claire , I wish I could like your post more than once. I don't understand this obsession with resurrecting old villains.

25. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I have some ideas why. Now I dont want to make generalizations about people but I can see it kinda coming from our desire to see things we love again no matter if they are dead or alive and possibly fear of seeing something new that we dont know everything about (like if they used Plagueis or Palpatine or whatnot we would know what to expect but if its an entirely new villain then its a bit more frustrating because we dont have all the answers). Like if the villain is new then I can see us desperatly searching for any OT or PT connections even if they aren't there *like theorizing that the villain HAS to be a Palpatine apprentice because he HAS to connect to Palpatine one way or another even if there is no visible connection between the two. I can see us wanting to believe that every single character *either good or bad* has to someway be connected to the past in order to help us understand/predict him more).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.