main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Plot twist gasper is now one of my favourite phrases, yea.

2. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Funny, I thought those stories about Jesus getting resurrected (wait, twice?!) were written by...y'know...men. Men who happened to be very bad writers that, for some reason, some people think were writing non-fiction.

3. Boba_Fat83

Boba_Fat83 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    You're right...the Dark Knight Trilogy never happened:p

Darkslayer and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  4. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Hmmm, did God write the bible? I didn't think he did, I thought it was more about God rather than by God. Or are you comparing it to SW as they are both works of fiction? LOL - I'm messing, please don't reply ;)

With regard to the resurrecting old villains, I suppose it's to keep an ongoing thread though the entire saga, keeping it connected if you will. That's why I'm a Plagueis guy. If you ignore the book (which is very good by the way), the guy's only been mentioned and never been seen. He would, essentially, be a new villain who fooled his own murderer. But he would connect the trilogies, and I think that's important. But hey, what do I know?

Totally with you on all the other dead characters. They died in the films and they should stay that way.

Dra--- and Sean Sinclair like this.
  5. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    It all depends on the story. Hopefully they wouldn't do that unless they had a really great reason. It's also a case of old bottles, new wine. If we get old characters without a unique angle, it would fall completely flat. If it served the story and was done well it might be successful. It's the same with new villains. Common denominator...they're going to be evil.

Circular_Logic likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Like I said I don't expect Palpatine to be in the ST but I wouldn't be surprised if he did come back eventually.
    Since Fett never died I can see him being in the ST or an offspring at least.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Now I'm remembering that thread in which people were discussing whether Fett keeps his helmet on during sex.

8. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    he is a cult character and i think there would be massive cheers getting out of the Sarlaac for a one man vendetta against Solo :)

9. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    We're they talking about Fett or Jeremy Bulloch?

10. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    I believe that someone else several pages back posted something along the lines of :
    “We assume that Anakin was created by the Force, what if the Force (the Dark Side itself) is the new villain” -- I can’t find the post(s) now, so I apologize for not giving credit to that poster(s)

I’ve been thinking about this for a while and think there might be something to it.
    Suppose that the “Balance of the Force” is the Force without a Dark Side and then suppose that Anakin/Vader did in fact bring balance to the force by killing the Emperor and redeeming himself.

My theory is this:
    Once the “Dark Side” had no one to manipulate through the force it left or was cast out, (thus fulfilling the prophesy) exiting the metaphysical realm and entering into the physical realm directly -- i.e. possessing a person or a group of people.
    I see the bad guy(s) as someone with dark side abilities, but the dark side no longer exists within The Force. -- Once the possessed person/people are dead, it ends the existence of whatever the “Dark Side” was.

...I know, we’re all thankful that the story is in the hands of Michael Arndt (myself included). :)

Dra--- and Sean Sinclair like this.
  11. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    It's fun to speculate. Even if it isn't used, you've connected some of the back story and given a way forward.

Dra--- likes this.
  12. ThatsNoPloKoon

ThatsNoPloKoon Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2013
    Jesus is a complete Mary Sue. Bible=Overrated Trash.

darklordoftech and Dra--- like this.
  13. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Massive cheers for him getting out of the Sarlacc, in a post-VI stand-alone, yes.

Massive cheers for a one-man vendetta against Solo? No. Because it obviously failed, seeing how (if Ford actually IS in VII) Han Solo is still alive & well 30+ years after Fett was knocked into the Sarlacc. So, what, he waits decades for his revenge? No. Bad idea.

14. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    not all of it, the story will be one part Arndt, one part Lucas/Kennedy, one part Abrams

just think it would be iconic - and there seems to be consensus that Fett of all the supposedly dead characters is fave to return as there was no proof he died and its not just because im a Fett :) Also he has to get revenge on the jedi for chopping his dads head off and as Luke escaped Vader he still wants revenge and a Fett like a Seth loves revenge

15. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Lucas admitted that, had he known how popular Fett was, he wouldn't have 'killed' him. '97 was an attempt to make his 'death' more solid, but of all the victims of the Sarlacc that day, he's got the best chance of surviving...

...but surviving to seek revenge on the Jedi? Luke didn't kill his father. He already went thru all that 'revenge' stuff in The Clone Wars, and pretty much moved beyond it... if he ran into an older, cybernetic-hand Mace Windu, sure he'd probably try to get some revenge. But on "the Jedi"? No. That's done. And besides, if he heard some of the details of what happened with Order 66, he may consider the score settled since thousands of his 'brothers' killed thousands of Jedi.

As for revenge on Han... who's to say he KNOWS Han knocked him into the Sarlacc? And his employer, Jabba, is dead (followed shortly after by his OTHER employer, Vader). If a job's a job, if he crawled outta the Sarlacc within a day or three of falling in, then why hold a damn grudge?

And why WAIT for over three decades to seek that vengeance?

If Boba survived, he's far better off continuing as a bounty hunter, maybe raiding Jabba's holdings or running down some of his cronies to get some of what THEY stole from the late Hutt, and setting himself up for a nice retirement on a resort world when he gets tired of the job, letting some new hunter claim the 'best bounty hunter in the galaxy' title.

Darth_Pevra and Circular_Logic like this.
  16. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    A vendetta is unprofessional.

17. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    well i still think its how Han will die, just another job, hired by DP?

18. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    ...yes, I'm sure Darth Plagueis would hire 75-year-old Boba to kill 72-year-old Han.

...Plagueis, Boba... /facepalm

New villains, please. Let's not dredge up ancient relics from previous films.

19. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Okay so let's see. I think I know what would be best.
    No sith so the EU can be ignored by those who want it.
    No Iconic character turned into a villain for the sake of the plot.
    No stupid resurrection.
    Does not contradict the EU.

Sounds nice? Okay, drumroll please...GenoHaradan.
    Never heard of them? There is a reason. They are very secret. Like an urban legend. The Freemasons/Zionists/Illuminati/Knights Templar of the Star Wars universe. The most elite assassin guild ever. Started out as a secret police for Xim the Despot before there even was a Republic, the changed into a government influencing secret sect. The cut storyline in Kotor 2 would have seen them turn into a Jedi massacring death cult due to Revan killing all leaders in the previous game. This same storyline could woek now. What if Luke killed someone he shouldn't have. Or the patrons in Reelo Baruk's bar that Kyle Katarn massacred were GenoHaradan?

Endless possibilities. And It could lead into the legacy comics. Jagged Fel decides that a new government is needed that isn't manipulated by assassins= Fel Empire.

Everybody wins.

20. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    i think its implied that Boba is a very special being in AOTC, anyway do we know (esp just movie viewers) how old Fetts/Mandalorians can live for...dont have to follow earth rules

21. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    What?

...what?

Nothing of the sort is "implied"... Boba is an "unaltered clone". No special programming, no accelerated aging, nada. He's Jango, Jr, just with a different life experience. And Jango wasn't anything particularly 'special' himself, except for his skills & talents. He's not even Mandalorian (esp if you're just a movie viewer). In the comics, he was adopted into the culture, but he's still just a normal human, just one with good genes.

So Boba will be a couple years older than Han in the ST, if he appears at all... I don't still see him being an active bounty hunter at that point. That works in something like Unforgiven or Red, but probably would feel a bit outta place in Star Wars.

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Plagueis.... What do we know of him from ROTS?

Dra--- likes this.
  23. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    old characters are used in star wars all the time Dooku... Kenobi...Palpatine...Yoda.... anyway Boba will still want to avenge his bloodline even if he is just laying in wait in the shadows....i see him as an old western type of character and for his cult status was under used

24. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Dooku, Kenobi, Palpatine, Yoda... Jedi & Sith, the lot of them. And Obi-Wan--who was only in his late-50s at the time of his death, was on record saying "I'm getting too old for this sort of thing." Boba is not them.

As for him wanting to "avenge his bloodline"... what does that even mean? Jango was killed by Mace. Mace is dead. Most of the Jedi are dead, mostly at the hands of Boba's 'brothers'. And vendettas aren't professional, as was kindly pointed out by someone else. Boba's vendetta ended when he was a child, in The Clone Wars. He doesn't give a crap about Jedi, but he also doesn't wanna kill 'em all... especially when there's no money in it.

Let the old man just be an old man. Boba won't be out for vengeance in Episode VII. It's a ridiculous idea.

As for Plagueis and "what do we know of him from ROTS?", we know he sought immortality, failed to achieve it, and was killed by his apprentice. He's also too predictable. Way, way, WAY too predictable, and I don't want that for the villain(s) of the ST.

25. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012

well one of us will be disappointed

Mav Edit: placed your response from the next post into this one. This is an example of where using the edit button would be a good idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.