main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I believe it. Great analogy. Also, as too much sunlight can blind you and the absence of light (darkness) blinds, there needs to be a balance of dark and light in order to see. An ocular analogy.;)

darklordoftech: said...Maul was a Sith, and Savage is Maul's apprentice, so there you go. However, I'd bet that this "mainstream audience" also thinks that all Sith are Darths and follow the Rule of Two.

I always thought that they were just pretenders.[face_shame_on_you]

Agreed. Although, I think we could have inter-galactic lizard men as part of a crisis in the New Republic, the Interregnum, the Regency, or which ever political setting the story places the GFFA, as long as the basic tenet you suggest holds true for our enneme-jureĀ“. I completely agree.

Excuse the mess above. I struggle with the damn quotes.

2. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Obviously you haven't read the EU books. The Sith are back, in fact, they never went away. They just happened to be FAR away stranded on a planet.

All Luke and Anakin did was bring BALANCE to the force. If you want balance you'll have to have both Jedi and Sith, otherwise it's unbalanced.

It is inevitable there will be Sith in the new movies.

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Actually it's basically the same Red armor of the Emperor's Royal Guards, minus the helmets:

[​IMG][​IMG]

And yes, you should definitely buy the Legacy comics they're great, just remember to start at the beginning, I believe this combines the first half-dozen or so comics:
    http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Leg...=1374468324&sr=8-1&keywords=Star+Wars:+Legacy

Yeah, this is very difficult.

And not just for a new Sith, but for whoever the new villain is.

Being visually interesting is very important for Star Wars villains.

I just hope it's not a generic bald guy who looks slightly alien.

Nice theory... but I don't think the Dark Side has a will.

The "light side" is following the will of the Force.

The "dark side" is imposing your own will on the Force.

The darkness, like the Force, comes from within the individual... not outside of it. The dark side isn't Lucifer, it's comes from inside each person.

Like I said in another thread recently, the light side is balance and goodness. The dark side is imbalance and evil.

The dark side and light side are NOT yin and yang...the light side is the balance between yin and yang, the dark side is the imbalance between yin and yang.

eht13, Immortiss, Dra--- and 2 others like this.
  4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I agree the Sith will be back, but a clarification is needed...

The "light side" is following the will of the Force. It is balance.

The "dark side" is imposing your own will on the Force. It is imbalance.

The light side is balance and goodness. The dark side is imbalance and evil.

The dark side and light side are NOT yin and yang...
    the light side is the balance between yin and yang,
    the dark side is the imbalance between yin and yang.

Lucas seemed to imply that what needed balance was the Cosmic Force with the Living Force.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The Sith could come back but they aren't *the* Sith as in the direct line from Darth Bane to Darth Sidious. That is over, Anakin killed it. Have a character, probably with a connection to Luke or the hero character, who sort of backslides into being starting up a Sith order but it's twisted and deformed and chaotic, not as meticulously planned as Palpy rolled.

Immortiss, Dra--- and Circular_Logic like this.
  6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Nooooo!

You know what Voldemort and Sauron have in common? They are rather underwhelming and uninteresting villains compared to others (Saruman as example). A villain without subtle vulnerabilities or hints of humanity has little depth.

7. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Well, does somebody know what the "D" from R2-D2 really means?

Its so obviously: R2-Darth2

And he can throw Lightnings too!

darklordoftech, Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  8. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Alot of contradictions there man. I disagree.You essentially say that pretty much there cant be any dark side after what Anakin did, and that's not true. Since you say the dark side is imbalance. His little sacrifice lasted about 1.10000000 of a second to "bring balance"...then it all went right back to the way it was before. Nature is inequality, hence so is the universe. As a wise Sith once said "Equality is a chain that binds the weak to the Strong". There will NEVER be equality in nature, the universe, or the force. It's not possible, and to try and impose it on a population or people would only destroy it (as is happening in our current society). If the dark side is "imbalance" between two forces then to try to rid the universe of that is an utter impossibility. Neither can ever be equal. Ever. One is strong when one is weak, then the cycle changes and is reversed. Equality is a lie. So is any true lasting balance.

But, again, it is inevitable the Sith will be in the new movies. You really think Disney wouldn't jump on that bandwagon? I can guarantee it. It's Star Wars after all. There will be Sith, and I hope many of them. I dream to see a large scale fight between hordes of Jedi VS Sith on the big screen ala Lord of the Rings movie size battle. I would die a happy man just seeing that, finally.

BigAl6ft6 and Immortiss like this.
  9. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I agree with theses statements as it pertains to the individual.

And I agree with this statement as it pertains to the Universe. There is no balance. It is a constant conflict.

10. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    I think Voldemort was a very interesting villain, and obviously he had vulnerabilities. Although Sauron was legitimately uninteresting, he also had vulnerabilities.

11. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    You're talking about movie Voldemort, right? Because I only know book Voldemort and he was a cold bastard.

fishtailsam likes this.
  12. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013

I understand the the Darth Plaguius novel is not G-Canon but it says otherwise.
    If you're a fan of it, it states the following:

"Confident that the will of the dark side had been done, he [Palpatine] returned to the suite's window wall"
    ... "The dark side had made him its property, and now he made the dark side his." -Darth Plagueis (prologue)

I thoroughly enjoy hearing interpretations of the Force, and I had not heard your's before.
    I'm curious if there is a source, or if it is your opinion? At any rate I like your definition, I try to remain open to any possibility.

Circular_Logic and Immortiss like this.
  13. Darth Horn Rollo

Darth Horn Rollo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I also think that it's inevitable that the Sith will be in the new trilogy. Here are my random, possibly disconnected and maybe even foolish thoughts:

1) I don't really care to see a villain re-hash. Maul is dead. The Emperor is dead. Vader is dead. Let them be. If any of those three show up in any corporeal way in the ST, it would look too much like Disney is milking characters to move merchandise. Personally, I have confidence that Ardnt and Abrams are creative enough to introduce a new threat.

2) The new villain need not be Sith, at first. But I could easily see the new villain finding a means to be indoctrinated into the ways of the Sith. That would be interesting - to actually see the discovery and implementation of Sith practices and the gradual fall of a Jedi This would echo Anakin's fall, but I'd take away the love interest. Power should be the issue here, in my opinion.

3) And it would be even better (to me) if the new villain starts off as a Jedi trained by Luke. Perhaps Luke has a 3-4 pupils (even former pupils by this point) and one of them begins flirting with the dark side, against Luke's warnings. Perhaps a nephew/niece? Episode VII could end with Luke being slain by his former apprentice who then gives him/herself a Sith name.

I dunno, but the possibilities for new villainous identities are endless. And, to relate this to a current front-page thread, if Maul, Palpatine, or Vader show up in any guise other than a force ghost or topic of conversation, I'd be tempted to walk out. But that's just me...

Dra--- likes this.
  14. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    A Sith NOT wearing dark suits or robes, for one... put him in white, light gray, blue, green, just about ANYTHING but black, red, or dark brown. Give him a yellow lightsaber, if he uses one at all. Make him humanoid, but not human (a new species or any of the dozens of SW species we've got could be great... Weequay, Nikto (brown 'Nikto' types or green scaly 'Klaatu' types; still annoyed that the EU combined 'em & invented a bunch of new variations), Mon Cala, Quarren, Chagrian, etc. If they wanna veer further from 'humanoid', I'd love to see an Ithorian, but he may be tougher to sell. None of the species that really require CG to work, like Plagueis' Muun.

The point is to NOT have it look like another cloaked & hooded black-clad dude. Something different in appearance, whether or not it's a Sith but ESPECIALLY if it's a Sith.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  15. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    He was cold in both, and very evil. Spooky stuff.

16. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    That doesn't seem likely for the ST... it's been 30+ years. Luke's probably got no more than the EU's tallies for his Jedi--about a hundred. Probably not hundreds or thousands that'd be required for an LOTR-type battle... and after seeing AOTC and the silly Braveheart edit with swords replaced with sabers, a mass battle of thousands of Jedi vs Sith (or even just hundreds) seems too chaotic and deadly for everyone, considering there's sabers involved. Also, I'm not sure they'd top TOR's trailer with a similar (but smaller-scale) battle. If they do some ancient Old Republic movie, maybe.

1) Maul's not dead ;) well, by the ST, probably... but thanks to TCW, he's still alive near the end of the Clone Wars, at least, being saved for some purpose of Palpatine's.

2) I'd rather they just not be Sith, period.

3) A Jedi trained by Luke falling to the dark side & killing Luke in EpVII is the height of predictability. Too easy. Luke SURVIVING EpVII would be far better, since too many people automatically assume he'll die because of Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan. He can 'pass the torch' without actually dying (besides, a Yoda-type death for him would be so much better than "rhyme with I & IV)

17. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Well, fair enough. He didn't do anything for me.

18. Darth Horn Rollo

Darth Horn Rollo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    "3) A Jedi trained by Luke falling to the dark side & killing Luke in EpVII is the height of predictability. Too easy. Luke SURVIVING EpVII would be far better, since too many people automatically assume he'll die because of Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan. He can 'pass the torch' without actually dying (besides, a Yoda-type death for him would be so much better than "rhyme with I & IV)"

I can agree with this. I'd like the echoes to not be too obvious.

Dra--- and DarthBoba like this.
  19. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    The Vong+Sith Collaborators would be perfect.

20. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I thought it was already known that the Baddie(s) were two Deciples of Lord Sidious?

Dra--- likes this.
  21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Plagueis could have been wrong... all evidence from the movies, and most of the rest of post-1999 EU, seems to suggest that only the Force has a will, not the dark side.

What part do you need a source for?

22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    What contradictions?

I never said there can't be a dark side after what Anakin did... I've actually been saying the opposite for a long time, that the Sith will return or never died out, and have argued with people who thought the dark side could ever be destroyed. But I don't even know how you came to that conclusion from what I typed...? Also, balance has nothing to do with equality, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from either.

23. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Threadmerge...

24. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013

I absolutely agree that Plagueis could have been wrong. However nothing from my interpretation from the movies tells me that the dark side couldn't have a will.
    I was just curious if I was missing something, if you knew of someone or somewhere that specifically states what I appear to be overlooking.
    I haven't read too much of the EU, so I'll take your word for it as far as it's concerned.

25. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Where there's a Whill there's a way. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.