main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [face_laugh] Come on, dude, do you seriously think Kennedy or Lucas went into the first writing session and told everyone you can just forget about being creative because our plan is to just shove in as many dead characters as we can? If you really think this is the way Episode VII is going to go then here's hoping you're disappointed come 2015. I think you've just outlined the quickest way to kill SW.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't think she/he's talking about what she/he wants. Expect != want.

3. MiamiJedi

MiamiJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2013

I don't want Episode VII to go that way, so I would not be disappointed.
    I do expect it to go that way because of corporate greed.

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    It won't matter if Sidious comes back, it just shows what a badass he is. Anyway, you probably won't find out he's alive until Episode 8.

When I watched ROTJ at the theatre I said to my buddy "Wait so one of the most powerful Sith get thrown off a ledge and that's it? Has to be a set up for the next film!" .

Dra--- and darklordoftech like this.
  5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Either that or it was deliberately ironic.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    It makes no sense though. Bob Iger and co have been in the game long enough to know that a quality product makes them much more money than a terrible one. It's the reason they allow the people with Marvel who know how to give a good product to do their own thing without interference and there's no reason not to expect the same with Star Wars. Being creative/giving a quality product and making money aren't mutually exclusive (they usually go hand in hand) and they are smart enough to know that the Star Wars brand is strong enough to make them money without shoving in dead or unnecessary characters.

7. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    The bigger they are, the greater/harder the fall.

8. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    There is no mercy. *Shoots Force Lightning* [face_devil]

Resurrection is one thing, but redemption for Plagueis and especially Sidious, two irredeemably Complete Monsters, I absolutely cannot accept. These are two of the most evil beings the galaxy has ever known, interested only in power and domination over others.

Powers that be, please do not allow for the redemption of these (ugh) resurrected Sith Lords, ever!

In fact, I will [face_praying] to the spirit of the Sith'ari himself.

Great Lord Bane, I beseech thee,
    Do not allow Plagueis or Sidious to return in the ST
    If they must return, ensure that by no means can they ever be redeemed
    So that history will always remember these Dark Lords as two of the galaxy's greatest scourges
    And they will remain, suffering in the oblivion of Chaos for all eternity.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm not following the line of thought that says the movie won't "feel like Star Wars" if no dead characters get resurrected.

Why are we assuming that no one survived ROTJ? There are surviving characters who can make an appearance and be recognizable.

10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    When I said redeemed Sidious, I meant alive Sidious. However, "redeemed Sidious" reminds me of a time I thought about just that. What better way to end the Saga than to redeem all Darksiders?

11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Because they're not following Yoda's advice to "let go of everything you fear to lose." ;)

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    That was the worst advice in the world, Yoda. I'm not going to stop caring about my family!

Dra--- likes this.
  13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    There's a difference between caring/loving something, and being attached to something. Anakin just didn't understand the difference.

14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Yoda's statement didn't come off that way.

15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Which is partly Yoda's fault, though Anakin should have known better after being with the Jedi for 13 years.

Training yourself to let go of what you fear to lose just means: being accepting that everyone dies someday... you can and should fight to protect life, in a moral way, but when something does die you should be prepared and try to be at peace. "There is no death, there is only the Force."

Also, I think it's been said that Yoda thought Anakin was worried about Palpatine being in political trouble, not about his secret wife dying (which Yoda knew nothing about). If Yoda had known about Padme, he might have said it differently.

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    That's interesting...

17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yeah, it is. Where did you get that idea, from the novel? The movie makes it seem that both Obi-Wan and Yoda knew about Padme and Anakin's relationship.

Toonimator and darklordoftech like this.
  18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Or at least suspected it.

StoneRiver likes this.
  19. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    There was no such thing as the term Sith when ROTJ hit the theatres. Unless you somehow read the first draft of ANH. And it can't be the Special Editions cuz everyone knew Episode 1 was quickly on it's way.

20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    By "next film" she/he might have meant a long-in-the-future Episode VII. And maybe she/he wasn't using her/his exact words. Maybe she/he said "Darth Vader's Master".

Dra--- likes this.
  21. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002

Semantics mate, it was decades ago you know. Sith/bad guy whatever.

darklordoftech and Dra--- like this.
  22. Maharishineo

Maharishineo Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 25, 2013
    We all know Lucas has been known to contradict himself when it comes to the untold parts of the story but I would like to point out that:

(a) There was an outline for the ST 30 years ago and while it has surely changed, remember that
    (b) He said that the only characters that would be in all three trilogies are C3PO and R2D2 (unless you count baby Luke and Leia, I suppose)

I find it hard to believe Lucas or Disney would have changed this, making Sidious an extremely unlikely villain for the ST in my mind.

Remember Lucas has been a control freak and has said (a) nobody else will make the films and (b) the EU is more so an alternate universe that is a close offshoot of his own. When Lucas handed the ST off to Disney, I have no doubt that they had to agree to follow his outline/vision for the films.

23. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012

I don't want Episode VII to go that way, so I would not be disappointed. I do expect it to go that way because of corporate greed.[/quote]

It makes no sense though. Bob Iger and co have been in the game long enough to know that a quality product makes them much more money than a terrible one. It's the reason they allow the people with Marvel who know how to give a good product to do their own thing without interference and there's no reason not to expect the same with Star Wars. Being creative/giving a quality product and making money aren't mutually exclusive (they usually go hand in hand) and they are smart enough to know that the Star Wars brand is strong enough to make them money without shoving in dead or unnecessary characters.[/quote]

Totally agree, and the most basic logic given the situation right now in the making of the movie (not to mention, as you allude to, the other movies Disney is a part of like that of Marvel) would indicate you are correct.

Harrison, JJ, Arndt, etc. are not signing on to some half-baked rehash of SW; they clearly have other options. Disney is NOT micromanaging its other big-money movie makers under them, no reason to think they are going to do a 180 with SW.

Funny how all of this "Disney will do this and Disney will do that with Ep. 7" is just non-stop on this site- as if Disney execs will be sitting on the set or in the discussions telling JJ, Kathleen, Arndt, etc. exactly what to do. Ain't gonna happen. These are elite level, independent professionals that don't do ridiculous rehash movies where they are given no creative control.

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Hmm, I don't remember actually. It might have been the novel, or maybe one of those "the making of episode 3" books.

25. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    There's also the scene back in AOTC after Dooku's escape, when Padme rushes to & embraces Anakin...right in front of Yoda. Yes, could easily be 'platonic', but... the idea's there. Obi-Wan already knew of Anakin's feelings. He may have even consulted with Yoda off-screen about his concerns for his Padawan. But even if not... Yoda suspected. That makes far more sense than him thinking Anakin was concerned about Palpatine in that conversation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.