main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. venepe

venepe Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2004
    If they want to have an overall story arc from Ep 1 thru 9 then I will think the baddie will have to be sometype of Sith, maybe one that is resurrected or cloned, or someone that wants to become a Sith or revive the Sith culture. That way we can still have the whole "chosen one" and "balance of the force" story intact and not take away from Vader's sacrifice.

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Balance of the Force, not balance of the Force-users. It has nothing to do with equal numbers of Jedi and Sith.

3. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I wouldn't mind seeing the Mandalorians.

I know they have a pretty detailed and specific EU histpry but I think they would translate well to film.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    exactly. Without the Sith (with or without Jedi), light and dark are in balance. The Sith add unnatural dark.

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  5. backdeskproductions

backdeskproductions Jedi Master star 3

Aug 17, 2007
    Mandalorians and Imperial Remnant. The Mandalorians would looove to kill the Jedi so...yeah. The "Baddie" would be a Mandalorian who leads an armada of Mandalorian ships against New Republic forces, boom you got a movie.

6. GlueParkEnigma

GlueParkEnigma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    The baddie could be Luke himself (maybe his frustration trying to train others does things he shouldn't to get things done or even just walks away and lets a civil war struggle occur). Other options could be the emperor or the original sith lord who as a ghost manipulates people to return balance (only good Jedi exist need to be some bad ones) to the force. I would like a female sith witch or something similar as well.

7. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Anakin restored the Balance in ROTJ - it was a mix of Sith and the weakening of Jedi that caused the imbalance.

Good does not need evil to exsist.

8. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Didn't see this before I posted - so my plagiarism is unintentions.

9. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Force-users are not the Force; the balance of the Force is not a Jedi-Sith head count.

10. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Thread title says all.

11. tuskinraiderfromhell

tuskinraiderfromhell Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004
    He'll no, no Sith! It would deminish what Anakin and Luke had done

12. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I think they should play a part.

Anakin's victory was bringing balance to the Force - the Force still has a Light & Dark Side. He didn't eradicate the Dark Side, he restored balance. The Force never has to lose balance again, but that doesn't stop Force users from being tempted to the Dark Side.

13. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    I don't know if they "should" or "should not" be. I can't say either way. I don't know if they will call themselves Sith but somehow I have to believe there will be a bad guy who can use the Force and uses a lightsaber. Maybe he won't call himself a Sith though.

I guess anyone could turn to the dark side and just start a organization.

I've always liked the idea of a third faction. jedi, sith, and some other force wielding group and no one gets along with anyone. Always had a vision about Jedi, Sith, and 3rd faction in like a 3-way fight, sort of like in the 2nd pirates of the carribean movie. The tides could turn back and forth. Maybe the Sith helps the Jedi in the fight for some reason and then the Jedi helps the 3rd faction guy. And so on and so forth and it would just be a different kind of a fight. (obviously I'd like it to be more serious than the fight in pirates).

As far as the Anakin thing about bringing balance to the Force. IMO that is a really subjective thing that can be seen from different points of view by different people on what that really means.

14. lavjoricso

lavjoricso Force Ghost star 4

May 25, 2001
    I think they should be... and i fully expect them to be in Episode VII.

Thinking about the new movie logically, one think that has to be in a Star War movie from a marketing and merchandise point of view is lightsabers and lightsaber fighting. Disney will not make a movie that doesn't have lightsaber duels. Jedi are not going to duel each other so the Sith or some form of dark Jedi are essential.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Heck no, Anakin destroyed the Sith and they shouldn't come back

16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the EU there's lots of minor force-wielding groups, some on good terms with the Jedi, some less so. The Witches of Dathomir in particular play a part in the TCW series- they could be used.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  17. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    But no Sith?

18. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    You can't destroy the Sith. Whatever they call themselves - Dark Jedi, Force Heretics, Night Sisters - whatever, they're basically "Sith". Even if they don't use the word, we need them to provide a suitable challenge for the Skywalker or Solo children. I want my lightsaber duels, dammit!!

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There's Sith during the period as well. Survivors from the first great war between the Jedi and the Sith some 5000 years before. And there's Darth Krayt, who as already set up his "One Sith" order. While they're the main villains of the Legacy comics 130 years after A New Hope, it wouldn't be impossible to include some as adversaries in this era.

20. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Perhaps there is a powerful darkside force user that wants to resurrect the Sith by becoming one (maybe a former student of Luke's), and it is up to Luke or the new protagonist to stop them as a threat. Whatever the case may be, I like the Rule of Two variation of the Sith the best out of all of the variations, as well as the fact that they are the biggest baddest bad guys in the SW galaxy.

21. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    But what if there is another threat to the galaxy that can provide a "suitable challenge" to the Skywalkers and Solos? What if it just hasn't been thought of yet by the writers currently working on the new story?

22. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I believe it requires tapping deeper into the darkside for them to actually become Sith, or to put it another way--if an actual RoT Sith came along they would swat Dark Jedi and Nightsisters down like flies. From this vantage point, a Dark Jedi, a Nightsister, or whoever can become a Sith, they just have a lot more learning to do and skills to acquire to get there. They must also have the will of the darkside on their side, to become one with it.

23. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't think VII will be bound by the rules of the EU. While TCW has given us a few glimpses, the mechanics behind this stuff is all in GL's head. But it's kinda pointless to have heroes with lightsabers and nothing to use them on. That's why no one really wants to write about the huge gap between Darth Bane and TPM era. It's hard to think of Jedi actually being "Marshalls of the old west" - they simply overpower everyone else.

Of course a new threat can be though of. If I were tasked to do it I could. But I love the whole eternal Light Side / Dark Side struggle. I'd go there again happily, especially on the big screen.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  24. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    No. Just, no.

25. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Unless you can come up with a new cool weapon that could fight a lightsaber, I guess I'd be up for that and those electrostaves that Grevious' goons use won't cut it. But really, need some lightsaber on lightsaber stuff.

As far as duels go, I think is something that most people can agree were good in the PT. I think they can push the envelope even further with young, agile actors and good choreography.

The-Eternal-Hero likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.