main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Mandalorians, one of the several Force groups out there or a group wanting to get rid of Force users all together should be the villain of the series not Sith.

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Nightsister Maul fights in the Darth Maul comic is a fairly significant challenge. And the one in The Courtship of Princess Leia is dangerous enough that the Emperor supposedly had the spaceport destroyed simply to ensure she couldn't get off-planet.

3. Jeff Vader

Jeff Vader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    I said in another thread how bout Mace Windu as a dark jedi, he's certainly got enough reason to hate the Skywalkers, hell, he didn't like Anakin that much! The 18 to 23 or whatever it is years between ROTS and ANH is easily explained, would you wanna be a jedi during that witch hunt? Quite why he's been away during the (supposed) 30 year post ROTJ gap is down to the writer. Building up an army? Who knows, its all speculation.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  4. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I think the villains should be chiefly the Mandalorians, but no way we will ever get a Star Wars movie(that isn’t some sort of spin-off) without a lightsaber duel. That simply isn’t gonna happen, it’s the most memorable aspect of the franchise.

5. Darth Stream

Darth Stream Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    Personally i love Sith Lords and their onscreen image and whole mythology.
    If there are Jedi Knights there have to be Sith Lord ;)

6. _Andur_

_Andur_ Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    I would like to see Aurra Sing play some role in the sequals

Aurra Sing, also known as Nashtah, was once a female JediPadawan, but following a series of tragedies and misfortunes, she left the Jedi Order to become a vicious bounty hunter specializing in Jedi and political assassinations. She even became an associate in the posse of Cad Bane, a brief mentor of the orphaned Boba Fett, acommander for the Confederacy of Independent Systems during theClone Wars, and later an Imperial Agent under the Sith Lord Darth Vader.
    During the Second Galactic Civil War, Sing was hired to kill Queen Mother Tenel Ka Djo and Chume'da Allana, only to be beaten by the latter.
    Sing's career spanned over seven decades, from at least 36 BBY to 40 ABY.

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    We can also tie in the fact that Aurra Sing saw Anakin Skywalker win that podrace back in Episode 1. She told Leia that back in Tempest I believe.

8. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    The Sith were destroyed.

I can see Luke rebuilding the Jedi Order. After that some Jedi could turn to the Dark Side and become Sith in the future but not for Ep 7.

yodasbum likes this.
  9. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    "Always two there are. No more, no less. A Master and an apprentice".

I expect them back but if they are to return it needs to be done with care. I don't want Suth villain if the week. I like the idea that there is a slow comeback for the Sith and that they break previous rules. No rule of two but lots of Sith, hundreds of them. I like the idea of a Jedi or many Jedi falling to the darkside. I like the idea that some Jedi may not know which side to follow.

If its written well the Sith must return.

Echo-07 likes this.
  10. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Except that he fell out of a very high window riding a blast of Palpatine's Force Lightning!!

Darth Ridiculis and yodasbum like this.
  11. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    YES!

Eventually the Sith could return but the old Rule of Two will have been archaic and forgotten.

yodasbum likes this.
  12. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    That's what's great. This isn't being written by some EU bound author, nor is it being penned by some Hollywood action movie writer. We have a very serious and talented writer at the keyboard. If GL brings back Sith or Darkside users, I think that Arndt will dig deep and find a resonant new interpretation of the material. It's wide open, it can be absolutely anything. If you start from the right place and build it up with care, there's no reason why new life couldn't be breathed into it.

TreborSabreon and yodasbum like this.
  13. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I imagine that Sith are just force users that have never been Jedi, however a Jedi who goes bad eventually becomes a Sith.

14. ender2k

ender2k Jedi Master star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    I would rather the pre-RotJ Sith tradition not return immediately. There are almost certainly going to be lightsaber duels though, so there have to be opposing Force-using factions. I could buy a division within the Jedi ranks over the roll of the Jedi in the new Republic that eventually pushes the leaders of the factions to embrace more morally-questionable tactics and delve into things that should be left alone. What I hope they avoid for now is the "hero gets corrupted by a Sith artifact/temple/ghost and restores the Sith Order" plotline. We can get there after we've already established that guy or guys are already bad, selfish dudes.

yodasbum likes this.
  15. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    For my money TESB is the best Star Wars movie. With a great deal of irony it was written by Lawrence Kasdan and directed by Irvin Kirshner. In both cases neither of those artists were ever considered to be sci-fi or action-oriented.

16. Jeff Vader

Jeff Vader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    True dat, but he's a jedi so anything kinda goes there, remember Anakin jumping out of the speeder? And Luke survived a pretty sustained burst of lightning, more or less got up and said "Hey! The Empires gone! Lets party!"

17. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I can think of two ideas for creating a credible threat to Luke, Leia and the inheriting protagonists that can maintain having lightsaber-on-lightsaber battles, while not going to the Sith well and diminishing Anakin's purpose/sacrifice/prophecy but still meriting a Darth Sidious threat-level, both in sheer power and influence.

1) The first failed attempt at an apprentice by Luke because he thought he was ready enough and too eager to rebuild the Jedi Order mistaking Yoda's "pass on what you have learned" as meaning RIGHT NOW.

2) The scattered Jedi that survived and eluded Order 66. They never really were able to get back in touch with either Yoda nor Obi-Wan and so were never able to train, adapt and fix what caused themselves to have a weaker connection with the Force (as Mace puts it) through communing with Ghost!QuiGon. Anyways, those survivors could have found a way to get together and go into hiding just like whichever surviving Sith from whenever ago. They would continue to train and pass on what they know to new recruits minus any guidance from the will of the Living Force. They and these recruits will recognize that their powers are just too weak now and not enough at all to combat the Emperor, Vader and the rest of the Empire, so they decide to cut corners and slowly rationalize and make choices that lead to the path of the Dark Side. Yadda yadda, Luke and co. beat the Empire, 30+ years go by, you now have a faction of secret "Jedi" that are looking for a new purpose/relevance and identity in this world that has seemingly forgotten them. They would have just come out and said "Hi! Weesa back!" after hearing news of the Empire's defeat except for that whole pesky "whoops we got greedy for new powers" and fear of acceptance by both the Galaxy/Republic/Yoda-stamped-of-approval Official Jedi Order - they already had started down that path past the point of no return. Thirty+ years is enough time for that faction to have mutated/evolved into pretty much its own new identity.

18. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    The only problem with that is even if he was totally messed up, burned, even partially crippled, Mace would have dragged himself across ten blocks, up the steps, and started that fight right over again!

I don't think we'll be seeing Boba or Mace. Boba would be about 15 year older than Luke (at least) and Mace is definitely dead. Force spirits are one thing, pulling a Darth Maul with Mace is another. It worked with Maul because they filtered it through dark-side magic, tapped into that "sword & sorcery" vein, but I'm not sure that would work with a Jedi. And no way is Mace lying low for a couple of decades. He'd've led the rebellion and been stalking Vader 24/7 trying to cut his head off.

19. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I see no need for them to return.

20. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Dark Jedi, maybe. Sith? No.

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'd like to see Movie Sith, if only that Apocalypse seems to be referencing them.

22. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    Definitely. They seem like the only organization with the gravitas to be legit threat to the Jedi. I would love for them to be less individually powerful but more numerous.

23. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah Boba's too old to be of use... and Mace would be both too old and too dead.

Now, a trilogy revolving around the rebirth of the Sith from a schism in the new Jedi would be a good way to go I think, if you wanted to bring them back but an appearance from the unknown regions or Lumiya is not what I think any of us would really want.

24. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    Unless it happened in the interim.

Obi tells Luke: Now the Jedi are all but extinct.

That leaves wiggle room for other survivors besides Obi & Yoda. It is possible that some survivor of Order 66 found & trained Jedi on their own, and their apprentice turned to the dark side; 25-30 yrs is plenty of time for a new Sith to arise, and even to take an apprentice of their own. That's a simple, elegant explanation. I wouldn't necessarily use a device like that, but it shows what's possible.

25. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    What if there is another organization that can pose a threat to the Jedi? What if the Sith aren't the only ones?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.