main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    If you have a problem with me, then say so. These vague passive-aggressive insults are the tools of the weakling.

Dra--- likes this.
  2. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    You see... there you go again with that dogmatic approach. I'm not trying to attack you, I'm simply stating a truth i.e. that I take your little swipes at Star Wars films with a pinch of salt given your barometer of quality re. films of a similar ilk. I'm sure you feel the same. It's akin to criticising someones musical tastes whilst pouring over your Christina Aguilera collection.

3. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    No I don't. Someone can listen to Christina Aguilera and appreciate opera too. Or eat a burger once in a while and still be a gourmet.
    I like some really trashy films like Machete and some more sophisticated ones like the Godfather or the Pianist. I don't go and tell myself "No I can't like that because it's below my standards."

Dra--- likes this.
  4. markn74

markn74 Jedi Padawan

Sep 5, 2013
    They could do a lot with a back story like this. Explaining why Plagueis chose Shmi to experiment on and the creation of Anikin to be more susceptible to the dark side of the force.
    And then the question: was Anikin relay meant to destroy the sith and bring balance to the force or was he meant to destroy the jedi give the sith the balance of power.
    This could change the whole perception we have on Anikin/Vader and the Skywalkers. He was destined to become the great sith lord but the plan hatched by Plagueis was ultimately undermined by the unforeseen love for Luke.

Dra--- and DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR like this.
  5. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    This isn't a debate about the merits of 'high art versus low art' theory (which I'm more than happy to discuss), this is about you being selective in your judgement process and your engagement methods i.e. your input into any conversation about the PT comes across in a dogmatic (and to use your term), 'passive-aggressive' manner. I'm more than happy to accept that you don't like certain films... I even understand why the prequels leave some cold... but it's really that pervasive and unbending judgmental manner which I personally find to be somewhat distasteful. It makes engaging in any discussion concerning the PT a real challenge.

6. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Its not like I only dislike the flicks, I also dislike the messages presented in them. If I had children, I wouldn't show the prequels to them.

KevinM1 and Dra--- like this.
  7. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    What are those 'messages' that you dislike?

8. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    That has nothing to do with this thread.

KevinM1 and Dra--- like this.
  9. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Neither do the swipes at the prequels, but I'm at least willing to try and understand why you feel moved to.

10. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    This kind of sounds like it could be one of the Episode VII baddie's lines.

Darth Cummerbund: These vague passive-aggressive insults are the tools of the weakling.

Jenia Solo: See my mother if you want diplomacy. I've always taken more after my father.

KevinM1 and Darth PJ like this.
  11. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Hmmm..I'm inspired! The baddie of Ep. 7 should be Darth Tangent. Whenever the heroes try to engage him on a subject, he manipulates them into a petty opinion argument and whilst they're distracted, continues his evil-doings.

12. Dcamoner

Dcamoner Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2013
    Thrawn would be pretty bad ass.

13. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Come now my SW chums. Can't we all agree that we love Star Wars in general?

And that Darth Plagueis will be the baddie... ;) [face_rofl]

14. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013

Here here!

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  15. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    :cool:

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  16. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Of course he'll be. ;)

purplerain and StoneRiver like this.
  17. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Be quiet you dogmatic little snake. Your opinions aren't worth anything because everyone knows that JJ's Star Trek films were garbage. For example, only 95% of critics on RT gave the first ST trash a positive review while the 2nd trash only earned a piddly 87%. Everyone knows TPM and AOTC, objectively speaking, did much better. Just because their RT scores were much lower (57% and 67%) doesn't mean anything when a couple of people have strong opinions that make that actual data look much clearer to them.

18. ezekiel22x

Aug 9, 2002
    Oh noes according to a website J.J. Trek is 19% better than my favorite post 2000 film. I must go and rethink my life.

Darth_Panicius likes this.
  19. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    It's not a website's opinion. It's the informed opinion of a couple hundred critics. That's what we call objective data when it comes to film. No one is asking anyone to rethink their life, but it's silly for someone to argue that the ST will be worse than the PT because there was something wrong with JJ Trek. The data goes against the solipsism.

20. ezekiel22x

Aug 9, 2002
    So how low a figure does this "objective data" have to be before a viewer can voice criticism without it being deemed "silly"? I would hate to appear silly on a forum dedicated to space wizard movies.

21. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    [​IMG]

Et tu, Dra?

I must now also go and rethink my life.

Darth_Panicius and Dra--- like this.
  22. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    Dra--- I don't know if you're being serious or if your tongue is planted firmly in your cheek... I'm scared [face_nail_biting]

;)

Dra--- likes this.
  23. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    We really don't need this objective/subjective argument to take place, again.
    Also, this thread is to discuss who the bad guy will be, not what movies were or were not good.

24. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    OK, just wanna get this out there. I apologise if I contributed towards any ill feelings. Not my intentions, I was just having a laugh.

To me we're all SW buds here :)

Plagueis is still the baddie though ;)

25. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    My tongue is always cheeky.

StoneRiver and Darth_Pevra like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.