main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Lol Mitt Romney will Star as Darth Bain.

Angel Eyes likes this.
  2. ender2k

ender2k Jedi Master star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    IMO there's not going to be a main-line Star Wars film without a lightsaber duel in it; not only because of the tradition, but if the film sucks, you'll still have plenty of fans walking out feeling positively about getting to see a lightsaber fight. It's like being handed a cookie when you walk out of the theater. It might not make the movie any better, but you'll magically feel better about it. :D

To me that means there will be Jedi being seduced by the Dark Side of the Force in the ST regardless of whether the Sith come back (destroying the Sith is not going to prevent some Force users from succumbing to anger, fear, aggression, etc.).

This doesn't mean they'll be the big baddies necessarily. I rather think that, at least to start, the baddie will be a politician or other highly influential figure with some agenda that eventually involves gaining power throught the Jedi or at the expense of the Jedi. The end of the Sith and the Empire has effectively no bearing on the corruptive nature of power. There's always going to be somebody out there wanting more and willing to sacrifice their morals to achieve it. ETA: My guess is that that point will be one of the main messages of the ST.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    That would be a cynical message, and Star Wars is not cynical.

4. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    A real bad a$$ Trandoshan bounty hunter/slaver/pirate king has been amassing a huge fleet under his command, hidden in the far reaches of the unknown regions for the past 45 years. They have a stolen technology that makes their caps and starfighters super tough, perhaps a previously unknown empirial tech. With a series of cunning plots and strategies, he attacks the core worlds, a serious threat to the new republic. The jedi, the republic, the lost tribe, even the Hutts crime syndicate is threatened, and the people of the galaxy must come together to defeat him.

5. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Only problem is we don't know if her current EU fate is going to be kept the same in the Clone Wars series, especially with what happened to Adi Gallia and Even Piell on the show. Ventress doesn't even seem like much of a villain anymore.

But I agree a female villain would be great. I would love to see Aurra Sing or the Nightsisters show up.

6. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Sounds likely if not them then who?

7. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Indeed at the very least fans will enjoy lightsaber combat.

8. DarthBlanco

DarthBlanco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    I want to see some darkside-as-you-like Sith badass. Lets face it, the best Star Wars mythos is all about the Sith. Fact.

9. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    FRAK NO. Aside from the fact that it's already been done in 1-6, it completely invalidates the Prophecy of The Chosen One and makes Anakin's sacrifice pointless. An argument could be made that it was misread, like Yoda said in ROTS, but I still don't like it.

10. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Well one could eliminate the Sith but not Dark Force Users in general. All you need is one a connection to the force and two to be evil. maybe a three in some training but still its not like Anakin eliminated all evil in the galaxy.

11. DarthBlanco

DarthBlanco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
  12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I haven't heard too many good ideas about how to resurrect the Sith.

13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Not really a retcon...

14. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    The Sith were always born and reborn within the ranks of the Jedi.

15. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    In fact it was ex-jedi who turned to the dark side that created the sith organization in the 1st place.

16. Darth Myon

Darth Myon Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2012
    Yes, Darth Krayt is around.

17. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    EU states there is the Lost Tribe of the Sith and the One Sith group with Krayt. However I feel as though they might go the way of the Yuuzhan Vong or some other outside entity. Equal danger from a new threat. The other theory is that the rule of 2 continues, and there is a sith apprentice now master running around somewhere

18. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    If they took the vong idea and made them sith it could be interesting.

Young jedi's ask Luke where did the dark side come fom - Luke says the story of darth bane. Turning from the Jedi's and whatnot. Then one asks 'no, where does the darkside come from' and there is still no answer.

across the galaxy the True Sith empire returns with a massive fleet and begin a wide invasion of planets (like the vong) They look alien to anything we've seen. These are not dark jedi's.

Both imperial remnets and the new republic have to join forces to defeat it.

I'm not refering to any established EU as the audinace is going to need to know what is going on. Palps, Dooku, Anakin etc were humans who used the dark side - these guys are the darkside. A huge threat like this is something that could sustain 3 movies and triumph over the darkside forever.

19. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    From life, just like the living Force in general.

20. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    In TCW, Mandalorians are pacifists and the Death Watch is all that is left of their warrior past.

Death Watch has been strangely underused thus far (even looking at it cynically they have great merchandising potential but have been absent for the most part) but I believe Filoni said this is the season we find out how dangerous they are.

I don't believe they survive the TCW, though a Death Watch II is possible.

21. metr0man

metr0man Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2012
    A pupil of Luke Skywalker who turns to the dark side.

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    How bout kinda like Phantom Menace wherein there is a Sith lord pulling the strings of Whatever-bad-guy (hopefully with a bit more kick to 'em than the somewhat officious Trade Federation) of the movie is, but unlike Phantom Menace, you don't find out that there's a Sith Lord behind it all until, like, the last 3 minutes or so. And you have no idea who they are. Keep 'em guessing for Part 2!

23. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd like Boba Fett to play one of the main bad guys, maybe working for a Sith who appears throughout the film but only fights in the end, like Count Dooku and Jango Fett in AOTC, except Boba Fett could survive in episode 7.

24. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    So you want to repeat the whole story structure for the PT? I reckon they go with the mandalorians invading the republic, go saving private Ryan on us. Have the Jedi in hand to hand combat with the mandalorians.

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Well sort of, except the Bounty Hunter survives.
    The Mandalorians are a good idea, maybe they could set up base on Kamino or something, and that's where the Jedi discover them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.