main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin Starkiller

Anakin Starkiller Jedi Master star 1

Jun 13, 1999
    A lot of people feel we need a Dark Side threat, but the Sith need to remain destroyed because of the prophecy and Anakin's sacrifice. Its highly unlikely that they will use an EU character so that is out of the picture.

But I think we have seen a new character that fits the criteria: The Son from the Mortis arc from The Clone Wars. Not a Sith but a powerful Force User aligned with the Dark Side.

Its my pet theory that the Son survived Anakin's Lightsaber strike and is actually impersonating Darth Maul.

2. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Hey
    How about they set up shop on their home planet, Mandalore...

Then they can steal women and make them their wives and they have to farm for their bounty hunter husbands..

3. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    The problem with Mortis and Son is that 90% of the audience will have no idea what they're watching or who they're watching.
    If Son/Mortis are ever included in the script, the writer must dedicate a good portion of the movie to explaining who the villains are.
    I would dislike to see another Greivous or Maul being pulled on us - characters whose backstories can be found in some random novels.

4. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Oh, that sucks. I never saw TCW series (only the movie.) I know I've heard bits and pieces about the Mandalorians that they were a fierce warrior race and that's where the Fetts got their armor and such. I think they would make an EPIC movie villain.

If I were writing Ep 7 I would do it -- screw the EU.

5. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Asajj Ventress is the evil Dark Side Mastermind behind the Mandalorioan Army that invades the Republic, her personal bodyguards will be her Nightsisters (on their Rancor mounts). THAT would be epic!

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    :confused: Maul seems designed to be sort of self-explanatory... his novel backstory is just:

Sidious found him on Iridonia. ( pre-TCW version )
    Sidious found him on Dathomir. ( post-TCW version )

7. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    What I meant was that I would dislike:
    1. a one episode villain
    2. a villain with little to no dialogue (Maul)
    3. a villain who has little backstory explained in the movie

Maul's character could have been easily developed throughout the prequels. He had the potential to become something of a Darth Vader, he had a menacing presence. But unfortunately he ended up being just "that guy with the 2-bladed lightsaber".
    Which was really a shame.

8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    There's plenty of things that aren't explained in the movies (I would have had Anakin ask Qui-Gon what a Sith Lord is).

9. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Star Wars VII: the Secrets Behind Leia. Imagine that we discover that before the New Hope, Vader already discovered & turned Leia to the dark side. Imagine that Vader & Leia were doing their best to con Luke into the dark side. Imagine that it would partly explain how Vader knew Luke had a sister & it would also explain why Vader didn't kill Leia in A New Hope.

10. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    That is just bad, and you should feel bad for suggesting it.

11. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    And there are already explanations for those things.

12. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Dude, you have got to watch TCW. It is awesome

And it isn't EU. It's canon.

Isn't it???:confused:

13. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    ^ I'm going to give it a try. I've ordered the first season and will watch but from what I;'ve read it sounds like a mixed bag.

14. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I'm really pulling for a Daniel Day Lewis/Thrawn. But yea

15. Anakin Starkiller

Jun 13, 1999
    Not at all. Remember Boba Fett was introduced in a cartoon that not everyone watched, then he was the first ESB Action Figure you could get by mailing away for (a lot like being able to mail away for Mace Windu in Episode I) . Everything you needed to know about Boba Fett still happened in the context of the film -- you did not "need" to know about the adventure he had with Chewie and the droids on a moon of the Panna System.

But really all we can do is speculate. There will probably be no plot details revealed until the wave of Episode VII merchandise hits the stores a couple weeks before the theatrical release. (I was spoiled thumbing through a kids star wars book I took off a display in the store and thumbed through looking at the pictures when I accidently read that Qui Gon died.)

16. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Merchandise won't hit shelves suntil probably spring of 2015. We'll know just about everything before then . . . unfortunately.

As for spoilers: I tried not to know too much about the plot etc... beforehand. Of course I saw pictures and stuff. Before AOTC came out I watched the Tonight Show with JL and he had Hayden on. And JL was playing with the action figure and his arm fell off -- that's how I found out about it.

17. Norminator

Norminator Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2009
    Kinda like Darth Vader? We got pretty much no backstory for him in ANH, yet he was awesome. It wasn't until we GOT his story that he lost a lot of "cred".
    We don't need to know how the villain got to where he is now, we just need to know what he wants, and how much he's willing to do to get it. Like Vader choking his officers left and right. He didn't give a damn them, he had goals and he was going to reach them, no matter what.
    I think Maul was one of the biggest mistakes of the PT (and that says a lot). Killing him in the first movie was a terrible decision, he could have gotten extremely iconic, on the same level as Vader, stormtroopers and Boba fett. He got one movie practically without lines, and there is still tons of Maul merchandise in stores. Imagine how popular he could have been if he made it to RotS (maybe battle newly turned Vader towards the end) and had some development.

Jedi Ben and fishtailsam like this.
  18. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Maul came back in the Clone Wars on the Cartoon Network. So, I would not kill Maul in the cartoon TV show & then add scenes of Vader fighting Maul after Revenge of the Sith & add that to Star Wars VII.

Plus, they should also add scenes of the Emperor apologizing to Maul & have the Emperor registering Maul as his new secret apprentice & then have Maul popped up in the seventh film.

The Emperor will say, "Well, if you can survive being cut in half, then you really do have balls, even when you lost those too. You deserve your apprenticeship back."

19. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I made the "grievous" mistake of reading the track listing on the soundtrack. :(

TreborSabreon likes this.
  20. Marc-Antoine

Marc-Antoine Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2012
    Kyle Katarn vs Jerec, Desann and his apprentice

21. Anakin Starkiller

Jun 13, 1999
    I already saw that movie.

22. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Indeed, alot is unexplained in ANH.

23. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Imperial loyalist/terrorists. And they are gradually being organized by an unknown outside force.
    Episode 7- fighting terrorists, find out about mastermind
    Episode 8- investigate mastermind, fight lightsaber wielding mooks.
    Episode 9- fight lightsaber mook/terrorists, kill the bbg

24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010

25. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Well, I don't HATE the EU. I don't want it to sound like that. But knowing there weren't new movies coming I didn't find the animated CW movie that satisfying to bother with the series. Of course now that I'm jacked out of my mind for all things SW I am going to watch the entire series. (Although I know I;ll hate to see Maul come back.)

As for the toys, I used to collect. Also stopped after ROTS, but man I will be psyched to get that first Ep 7 sneak preview figure.

TreborSabreon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.