main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Are people really aware that his breathing sound is because his body is roasted?

2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    He did let selected people see how scarred and reliant on machines he is. TESB.

Dra--- likes this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Nah that was just an IMAX system he was using in ESB.

Dra--- likes this.
  4. Maharishineo

Maharishineo Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 25, 2013
    Over in the NSA forum I posted this and it's something I've been wondering for a while; perhaps I'm just overlooking something? If not, it could have an impact on our "Who's the Baddie?" discussion.

What makes everybody so sure that Palpatine didn't learn how to cheat death from his master?

Who died that Palpatine would've saved if he could? Padme's passing meant Anakin was all his. Everybody else was a meaningless pawn. (It could be argued that Palpatine might have had a hand in keeping Anakin alive through all of his burns/pain.) After looking it up on Wookiepedia (died at 86 in RotJ... putting him at about 50 in Episode I) I guess they were able to assemble a reasonable timeline but from his appearance alone in TPM, I always assumed that he would've been ancient by RotJ and (after hearing his conversation with Anakin) I thought that maybe he was able keep himself alive far longer than what's natural through those powers.

I haven't read the Plageous novel but I imagine immortality through manipulation of the Force and other unnatural methods doesn't prevent murder, which is why neither could keep themselves from dying. That said, if they really did have these kinds of powers, who's to say they stopped after death? Palpatine force ghost has already been mentioned but from my understanding, the master was much more experimental/exploitative when it came to the Force than his apprentice, so it's entirely possible in my mind that he could, after a long journey, find his way back. Tan-Wessel brought up one such possibility in another thread (although I would go a different route after the third point):

5. Nenim Chela

Nenim Chela Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2013

Vader was always a zealot at heart. He carried himself in an executive fashion as well. He, uh, never was the popular of managers.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  6. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    But he always got the job done, and that's all that matters.

Dra--- likes this.
  7. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Some people are doers.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  8. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    And some people are doees.

darklordoftech and Dra--- like this.
  9. GODLIKE

GODLIKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    I wonder if the villain will have transformations

10. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Maybe he's a "robot in disguise" :p

darklordoftech, Dra--- and LawJedi like this.
  11. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    If those leaked titles have any truth to them, the Sith will be back. That may seem obvious to some, but not all seem to think they can or should come back.

I'm still pulling for Darth Urn.

Immortiss and StoneRiver like this.
  12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    That's because Palpatine was cutting off his air supply.

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Non-Force-users can be a threat. Jango battled Obi-Wan, Battle Droids held the entire Jedi Order hostage, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon had to escape from the Droidekas, the Rancor would have eaten Luke if it wasn't for the stone that Luke threw at the switch, etc.

14. Nenim Chela

Oct 2, 2013
    What leaked titles?? Where??

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Here ya go: http://latino-review.com/2013/10/exclusive-working-titles-star-wars-episode-vii/

They're just rumors so nothing's official. We don't even know if they are the real working titles.

Dra--- likes this.
  16. Nenim Chela

Oct 2, 2013
    @DarthChizuk -- gracias!

17. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I wouldn't mind seeing a necromancer like Plagueis raising a Skelo-Trooper Army of all the dead clones as part of his unnatural abilities. Especially at the end of Episode IX as part of a final confrontation. Or, part of a dead world or true Underworld. Palpatine's new home, perhaps. It simply reminds me of Ray Harryhausen and the 'Sinbad' movies of the late 1950's, the kind that Lucas reveres. It's also is evocative of the Battle Droid look and could be an interesting foreshadowing. Since the clones fought the droids, it might be fun to turn it around. Who are the droids now? Kind of thing. It's pretty over the top, but what the HELL...get it?

[​IMG]

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm in the midst of watching the PT right now and I love that it explores a scientific side to the Force while the OT's focus is more on the mystical side of the Force. I'm wondering where this can be taken with the ST and of course it leads me back to Darth Plagueis. I'm really beginning to like the mad scientist archetype for the main villain of the ST and I hope if DP is the villain they don't discard this side of him to give us more of a generic scary bad guy. Have Plagueis be one who disregards this mystical side and focuses solely on the science, believing that the Force can be controlled and dominated like any other energy. Have Plagueis reveal he was the one to create Anakin but that he thinks the Chosen One prophecy is nothing more than a myth and that he created Anakin to give the Jedi a false prophet and to distract them while he and his apprentice took power (before he was murdered by his apprentice of course). This could be contrasted with Luke's order and the main protagonist who has to discover his/her spirituality throughout the trilogy. At the end Plagueis could be proven wrong and it's the main characters faith that gives them victory over Plagueis.

19. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Are you suggesting that a threat = a big Bad?

The mynocks would have killed Han and Leia if they had been allowed to suck on them for a few hours. Maybe they should be the new villain?

Personally, I choose sunburn.

StoneRiver likes this.
  20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    An intelligent threat = a big Bad.

21. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Well, that discounts everything in your list.

By the way, where you been? The forum lacks your presence.

Darth Chiznuk: I agree that the faith vs. science trope is all perfectly set up for the ST. Even if we don't get Plagueis, I'd love a villain just as you were describing. Someone making force sensitive hybrid abominations, sort of like Splice.

Give me my Force Monsters, JJ!

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    What about Jango?
    Thanks. I finally got a life.

StoneRiver, Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  23. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Does that mean a job? ;)

I don't think Jango was particularly smart. He went out like a fool in AOTC.

PS: The Next Star Wars Villain?

[​IMG]

Immortiss likes this.
  24. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Well I could certainly see him in Ep VII and he definately as Benerdict Cumberbatch's cheekbones... ;)

Immortiss, Dra--- and darklordoftech like this.
  25. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Sherlock in Gothic drag. Sure, why not?

Count Yubnub and Immortiss like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.