main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Maybe Kitster was Owen and Obi-Wan's brother and Boba Fett and the baddie of the ST at the same time...

[​IMG]

It's all connected, folks!

T-R- likes this.
  2. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I'm scatching my head wondering how Kister being Owen or Owen being Obi-Wan's brother would have been an improvement... :/

Darkslayer likes this.
  3. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I was thinking about other possibilities for non-Force-sensitive minions of the villain(s), and I realized that the Sun Guard, the elite mercenary group that served Darth Plagueis and the Sith in times long past, and some of which would become a part of the Emperor's Royal/Red Guard, would certainly make great mooks and a formidable fighting squad. We never actually saw the Imperial Royal Guards in combat in the OT (they could utilize force-pikes and other melee weapons), so this could be a chance to do that by introducing the revived Sun Guard; in the EU, they also made a comeback during the Yuuzhan Vong War, so I'd imagine they would still be around during the ST's timeframe. Indeed, as a non-Force-sensitive fighting force, the Sun Guards were unrivaled by all but the Mandalorians. It would be awesome to see them once again serve their true masters, the Dark Lords of the Sith.

4. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Not Kitster himself, but if the kid part was Owen, then the whole OT line about Owen not wanting Anakin to follow Kenobi, that he should've stayed there, would actually tie up and make sense. Currently it doesn't.

Owen as Ben's brother would tie up the novel and original idea, explain how Kenobi knew about Tatooine, and why he gave Luke to the Lars family - a family he never met.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If we really want to stretch it (with a bit of retconning), we could have Owen as both Ben's brother and Anakin's stepbrother. It goes as follows:

Cliegg Kenobi has children on the planet Stewjon (the name Lucas gave for Obi-Wan's home planet, possibly jokingly)- Owen Kenobi and Ben Kenobi.

As a very small child (1 or so?) Ben Kenobi is taken away by the Jedi, and renamed Obi-Wan. This is why Obi-Wan chooses Ben as his name for being in hiding- as a nod to his pre-Jedi past.

Cliegg changes his name, possibly out of anger at the Jedi (since Republic law compelled him to hand over his Force-sensitive child) and moves to Tatooine- out of the Republic, so that he won't be made to hand over any future Force-sensitive children.

6. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Well we've already had a Marvel heroes/Phineas & Ferb crossover...[face_mischief]

Darkslayer likes this.
  7. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Wasnt a Phineas and Ferb / Star Wars crossover confirmed?

MAYBE DOOFENSHMERTZ IS THE BADDIE!!

8. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    Creating and destroying with his Darkside-inator.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  9. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    "Ahh Luke Skywalker, how unexpected, and by 'unexpected' i mean, COMPLEATLY EXPECTED!" ~ Darth Doofenshmertz Episode 7

10. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    I'm not sure what the mystery is? Owen knows that Anakin left Tatooine, and his mother, to become a Jedi. He then witnessed him not hanging around long after burying her in AOTC. Obi-Wan knows where Anakin's childhood home was... he was there with Qui-Gon in TPM. We assume that Anakin and Obi-Wan talk to each other (before the events of ROTS) so it's logical that Anakin would have imparted the story of his mothers death (leaving out his retribution) and his adoptive family on Tatooine. Having Owen be a brother of Obi-Wan would have made little sense and would have made the oft critisised 'small universe' seem smaller still.

11. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    The mystery is the fact that what was shown bewtween Owen and Anakin didn't match Kenobi's description about following him on a crusade and he should've stayed here and not gotten involved. Owen's resentment, both described by Kenobi and shown on screen in ANH, doesn't fit with AotC. If Anakin's childhood friend in TPM had been Owen, it now matches.

As far as Ben and Owen. When I said it would explain how Ben knew about Tatooine, I was referring to TPM where he suggests it as a landing place. He seemed to know a lot about an outer rim world outside of the republic. Also, the Lars weren't Anakin's adoptive family. Sure his mother married Cleigg, but Anakin had no relation with them and spent less than a day with them. Nothing he could've told Ben would've led Ben to giving them the most important child in the galaxy. The original intent was Ben = Owen's brother. It made sense, not only because it explained why Luke was given to them but also a lot of the animosity Owen felt for Ben.

If you tied Anakin as Owen's childhood friend and Ben as his brother, the drama of the story deepens by adding to Owen's animosity towards Ben. You took my friend off to be a Jedi and left me here to be a moisture farmer.

I've never been concerned with the small universe critics.

12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Owen might have been a better choice than "Kitster" for the relevant TPM scenes.

13. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Some would rather turn or explain away the historical story decisions that led to minor inconsistencies between the trilogies. And I think that's great. I do it. But I also think these wrinkles in the story fabric are fascinating, good fun. In the end, it's neither here nor there for the fan.

14. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Way too much IMHO - and it wouldn't gel with the rest of the story. The 6 films to date are about Anakin Skywalker, and his son Luke Skywalker... it's about their journey. Having to explain Owen's throw away lines by having him be related to Obi-Wan or be a childhood friend to Anakin just smacks of needles over explanation. I think there are some pacing issues in AOTC, and I would have liked to have seen more of the Tatooine story... with Shmi and Owen (as seen in the novelisation), but (IMHO) there is no actual requirement to further explain Owen's relationship with both Anakin and Obi-Wan. As it stands, having Anakin breeze in and breeze out of the Larrs homestead is enough to explain Owen's subsequent attitude towards Luke's father.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe Kister was a younger version of Obi-Wan who then went back in time to tell Qui-Gon to not pick up Anakin, but then he forgot?

16. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Is talking about Kitser better than talking about Plagueis?

Immortiss likes this.
  17. Traidon

Traidon Jedi Padawan

Nov 1, 2012
    Sorry to derail the current conversation - feel free to ignore and move on. Regarding Boba Fett - no I don't want him in the film. However, and correct me if I'm wrong here, he was the only undiluted clone of Jango. If the new Baddie wants an army, perhaps they tear out the Sarlacc and find Fett's body (only 970 out of over a thousand years of digestion) and harvest his DNA for their template of a new Clone Army. I know it's hokey but it just crossed my mind that would be a way for the Baddie(s) to have an insta-army rivaling the original Clones in only a mere 30 years. Yes I'm sure there are other, easier attained candidates for a new clone army, just speculating. I am in no way saying this should happen (I'd like something fresh, not Clone Wars II) , merely adding a possibility that I have not read of on these board yet to create a credible threat.

StoneRiver, Dra--- and Echo-07 like this.
  18. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR, I want to see more Mandalorians. I barely watched any Clone Wars so I'm not really burned out on them. Besides, I think there's so much more BADASSERY that can be done with them in movies that the cartoon couldn't even do justice.

19. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Sounds good to me. I really wanna see Stewjon in the ST!

20. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yes.

Pro Scoundrel and Dra--- like this.
  21. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    :p

Darkslayer and Darth_Pevra like this.
  22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Darth_Pevra you have been on a roll lately! I actually agreed with you for once in the release date thread and now you're jokes are hilarious! [face_laugh][face_dancing]

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  23. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Nothing new here, eh?

24. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    When we start stalking about Kitster, you know the thread is out of ideas.

25. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    the thread was out of ideas 290 pages ago

Pro Scoundrel and Dra--- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.