main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    They should just use zombies. Yeah, Zombie Jedi. Zombie Jedi verses the Sith Santa Claus Droid.

2. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    John Noble on Fringe, having not seen him in much before, was really a revelation. Would love to see him bring the mad scientist madness to the ST.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    John Noble as Santa

4. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    It was probably just a rumor...but I wouldn't be surprised if the buzz it created reached the ears of Abrams & co & they thought "hey that's an awesome idea!". He does have history with Abrams via Fringe.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him as a Thrawn type character.

5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    He's definitely got that villainous look that fits Star Wars.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    John Noble always looks disgruntled though.

7. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    In the RoTK he did. In Fringe he mainly looked happy & carefree, albeit completely nuts as well.

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I need to watch Fringe.

Dra--- likes this.
  9. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Yes you do, I only watched the first 3 seasons yet, but just got the complete series set on Blu...

10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    What if Mothma has become more of a tyrant than Palpatine?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That seems... unlikely.

12. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Mothra is a Godzilla villain.

Dra--- and Krueger like this.
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    When she inevitably falls to the Dark Side, she will become Battra.

Dra--- likes this.
  14. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Zillo Beast versus Mon Mothma would be EPIC.

Dra---, BigAl6ft6 and Mystery Roach like this.
  15. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    In the Emperor thread (I think), I joked that Sidious could have transferred his consciousness into the cloned Zillo Beast. So as long as we're in the realm of pure pulp sci-fi monster madness, I'll say Zillo Sidious vs. mutated Mon Mothra. I'm drooling just imagining this actually.

16. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    (Mod approved; USDA disapproved)

So, I realized that we had no poll for the big bad in Who's the Baddie. This seemed like a huge lacuna in the heart of 7SA. Hence, Who's the Baddie Poll V.1.

A couple of notes:

1) If you vote Other, please tell us in the thread who that Other is. I'll keep an Other tally, so we can tally the Others.

2) By PT Jedi, I mean someone who survived Order 66 and is now an antagonist to Luke's Jedi Order.

3) What's a grey force sensitive? Someone like an Imperial Guardian. Maybe they serve the Imperial Remnant or some other authoritarian regime, but not for selfish darkside reasons. They could be a selfless patriot serving their people. They do bad things for good reasons.

4) A new darkside group might be something like the Dathomir witches. Or something else. The key is that they are different somehow from the Sith (not just by name).

5) A neo Sith might be someone or some group who has studied the history of the Sith and are trying to be Sith although none of them were apprentices to Sidious, Plagueis, or Vader.

TheCIS, EHT, Immortiss and 1 other person like this.
  17. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    I voted Plagueis because that's what I'd like to see and it makes the most amount of sense when you really think about it. However, do I think he will actually BE the villain? No. I'd give it maybe a 10% chance of happening. More likely they're going to create a stock Sith villain from scratch, something akin to the Sith Inquisitor villain from Rebels or Darth Malgus. Malgus is basically an "inbetween" version of Vader which is a concept I could see being very appealing to the filmmakers and Disney, who'll want to target the OT nostalgia demographic. Basically, they'll probably want a villain who's reminiscent of Vader without actually being him. Not the most creative choice, mind you, and definitely not the way I'd go, but you have to look at this thing more from a commerical perspective.

18. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I'm voting Other.

I might change this later on, but for today I'm interested in:

The Evil version of The Chosen One.

I'm thinking some mad scientist who wants to destroy the Jedi steals the DNA of Luke and Leia and creates a GFFA Mordred, a superpowerful incestish abomination that will threaten the very existence of the Skywalkers and the Republic.

What I like about this idea is that it's a nod to the attraction between Luke and Leia in the OT, so it's funny and gross. My two most important qualities for anything.

19. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I voted for Sidious because I think he'll be back in some form, however I'm not sure he'll actually be the primary antagonist. I suppose he'll have a new apprentice who's more front and center and ends up being a greater threat than him by the end of the ST.

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Plagueis or Gray

Dra--- likes this.
  21. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Voted for Plagueis, tiesa Jen'ari the true Dark Lord of the Sith. The reason for this is pretty clear if you read my posts in the main Baddie thread and the Chosen One/Sith/Netherworld threads. A villain that can neatly connect the entire saga together, and one that can well tie into the Skywalker family through his (indirect) creation of the Chosen One and the legacy of his apprentice, Palpatine.

It wouldn't feel quite like Star Wars without the presence of the Sith, IMO.

Nwûl tash.
    Dzwol shâsotkun.
    Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
    Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
    Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
    Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
    Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.
    Though I'd be quite satisfied with new dark side villains if they are portrayed as a credible and interesting threat, and/or even a gray villain to give the protagonists a morally ambiguous enemy. But hoping for a Sith Lord, preferably Plagueis.

Taalon, Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  22. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Darth Sidious - He should remain dead

Darth Plagueis - He is my vote. I've stated my reasons 100 different times. It's the perfect villain to tie up both trilogies

Sidious secret apprentice - This could be a great idea!

Plagueis secret apprentice - Wouldn't work for the casuals because most of them don't know who Plagueis is, so it would take too much exposition to set it up

Vader's secret apprentice - We already saw Starkiller in TFU, keep him there, not in the films!

Neo Sith - This would be my #2 choice behind Plagueis, a new Sith rises up outta nowhere, maybe a member of a remnant of an Ancient Sith order thought to be extinct

PT Jedi - This would be my #3 choice, maybe you could make it Quinlan Vos! But I'd rather save his character for a spin-off flick based between Ep. 3 and 4

A New Dark Sider (Not Sith) - Only if we can call them a "Dark Jedi" like in the olden times haha

Grey Force Sensitive - Would be cool if the "Whills" were this group, but I still think it's too early in the timeline to reveal them!

23. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I voted for secret apprentice of Vader.

Why? Because I want to see jealous secret apprentice who thought of Vader as a father figure take revenge on the Skywalkers, who sorta "took Vader away" and even worse "corrupted" him into choosing the light side.

It can't really get more personal than that. There are so many opportunities for delicious melodrama that don't exist with the other options.

Dra--- likes this.
  24. kane1138

kane1138 Jedi Padawan

Oct 16, 2013
    I like the idea of Plagueis being the main villain of the ST, in a Voldermort 'returning from beyond' kind of way. But I also like the look of Malgus.

From what I have seen, Plagueis could almost be a Muun version of Malgus (proto-Vader with black costume and semi-mask). As such, for the ST, they could decide to change the origin of Plagueis from Muun to human and base his look on Malgus. Best of both worlds.

Dra--- and Immortiss like this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    When I approved of this, I told them to make sure it was called Whose The Baddie? just like the classic original. I cannot stand these Special Edition threads with all of their changes. That thread was my childhood. [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.