main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Voted for Darth Plagueis. Would not mind seeing a Sith version of the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse, or a group of aliens similar to the Yuuzhan Vong.

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  2. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    I voted for Neo Sith, But i could go for Other as well.
    Neo- Sith Because i see Luke and company battling a new breed of sith, With the Solo/Skywalker children becoming the main focus
    Other Because After a last Jedi/Sith battle, Maybe we learn a antagonist during the ST is actually a Vong in disguise, Leading into a future trilogy (Light and Dark must become one to face them)
    I don't think Sidious will be brought back, seems almost pointless, And Plageuis i could see as a Stand alone movie.
    no matter what happens though ill be into it.

Darth_Panicius and Dra--- like this.
  3. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    What's the difference? :p

Personally, I think people can approach it either way (or both). I doubt most of the people voting for Plagueis don't want him to be the villain. And if they don't, that's the kind of objectivity that chips away at my soul.

Darth_Pevra: What I meant by more knowledge is we have a lot of people who read the Plagueis novel here. So if there isn't any knowledge difference, why do you think this forum votes for Plagueis so overwhelmingly?

I should say that almost any option is fine with me as long as it's well executed. I love the mad scientist aspect of Plagueis.

4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    How about Mas Amedda and Sly Moore?

5. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Lackies don't interest me.

Pro Scoundrel and Odolwa like this.
  6. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Wouldn't anybody besides Plagueis be a lacky?

7. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Only if you want to stretch the meaning so far out of shape that it becomes almost meaningless.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  8. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Indeed, Those are better left for shows like TCW and rebels.

Darth_Panicius and Dra--- like this.
  9. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I agree. Almost any character can be developed and made interesting. But why you would pick some peripheral character like those for the ST is beyond me. You'd have to have a pretty darn interesting backstory to justify it.

10. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I suppose people could approach it either way, but I don't think that's what is being asked. Had I opened this thread/pole, I would have made the question very clear as to the question being polled: All wants and wishes aside, who do you actually believe we will see as the main villain in the ST?

I can't speak for anyone else who voted for Plagueis, but my vote comes from observation and the history of the saga both in story and behind the scenes. Do I like the idea? Yup. But that does not mean that I think he will be the villain BECAUSE I want him to be. It means I think he will be the villain and I like the idea. :cool:

It is a totally reasonable thought, however, that one could think the villain will be Plagueis (or anyone else) and not WANT him to be.

We are in agreement in that any well executed option is more than acceptable though. I just want a great ST.

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    i find Amedda and Moore more interesting than Maul or Dooku. I love how Amedda helps Palpatine manipulate the Senate and I'm very curious about their stories.

Immortiss likes this.
  12. themuzikman

themuzikman Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2013
    My theory is that at least one villain will be a child of an Imperial, getting revenge on the republic/ Jedi for killing their parents in a Death Star explosion or something ... or another, that one of Skywalker/ Solo kids believes that the Empire is better than the republic... or something like that.. they could still have good intentions but ultimately cause harm... even though that concept was slightly touched in Ep 3, with Anakin saying he thought the Jedi were evil... Seem like logical, practical premises... We know there's going to be a villain, someone unknown from the existing SW universe, so I wouldn't bother thinking of WHO it could be at this point, it's futile... but of course the reason WHY they are a villain is what should be discussed...

13. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    One of the EU's finest moments.

Dra--- and Circular Logic like this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Neo-Sith > Plagiues > (Ghost) Sidious > non Sith darksider > non Force user enemy, I think is the line of possibility.

Dra--- likes this.
  15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I voted for a new Sith villian unrelated to previous Sith seen in the films. I see Plagueis as the second most likely. I don't want to see Palpatine or Vader return as resurrected villians, especially not Vader, as that would defeat how he was redeemed and shown as a force ghost at the end of ROTJ. I'm kind of hoping for a new villain this time, so not Maul or Dooku either.

Darth Archimage, Dra--- and Odolwa like this.
  17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    All I ask is that is no neo-Sith and/or a fallen Jedi. I'll accept ANYTHING else.

18. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    The Emperor will never die.... Sidious's Ghost is the Mastermind (but not the main physical threat)

BigAl6ft6, Mystery_Roach and Dra--- like this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I expect the Emperor to be involved somehow.

20. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Interesting to see Neo Sith making a strong push into second place.

Here's the top three so far:

1) Darth Plagueis (21)
    2) Neo Sith (7)
    3) New Darksider(s) (6)

21. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    It's Star Wars though so you have to have lightsaber battles & the use of the Force between hero & villain. If they don't use a Sith or evil Jedi then who?

22. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    Every time I see Neo Sith my mind selectively reads Neo/Smith as in Neo and Agent Smith from the Matrix.

Anyways I think the Villain for the ST needs to be some kind of force user, other villains like Mandalorians, Hutts, Black Sun, etc. I think would work better for spin-off movies.

Dra--- likes this.
  23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    (whatever the opposite of neo is)-Sith.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    So, you prefer the term Quasi-Sith. It does have a nice ring to it. Let's encourage that...

25. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Will there be a tiered villain structure in the ST? No doubt we shall see more than one of these types of villains appear within the ST series, but who will ultimately be responsible? Will they be responsible for the ST and the entire saga?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.