main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Ya know what? I;ve changed my position on the Plaguis thing. Lets leave him in the shadows where he belongs...

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  2. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I don't expect to see Plagueis, but maybe his research? If I were a baddie, I'd be very interested to learn how to cheat death.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Episode 7. I sort of hope to see him in Episode 7. It probably won't happen though

4. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    They should start Episode 7 right after Episode 3. Show Vader sleeping with a force-sensitive woman. Vader could have kids with a different woman. Yoda did say there was another. Vader wasn't cheating on Padme since she was already dead and maybe Vader had a few too many. Maybe Vader meets Plagueis, Tenebrous, Ventress, Bane, the woman he has sex with or somebody. Then you can cut to fifty years after the Return of the Jedi.

Maybe Plagueis is still around or maybe Vader's other kids uses both sides of the force. Maybe we will not know if Luke is good or bad because Luke could be kind of in the middle. We should have more mystery like there is in Dexter. Sidious is probably totally dead & without clones or secret apprentices. Maybe Vader didn't have any secret apprentices. Maybe Maul, Windu, Ventress, Sidious, Star Killer, Plagueis, Bane, Tenebrous, Ahsoka, & everybody else are all dead. Maybe all the sith were destroyed. Maybe there are no other secret sith hiding from before the Bane era.

I like all of those characters. If they do not bring back characters that I already know & love, then they better make up characters that I can learn to love.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Well I certainly hope he meets the woman he has sex with!

That's usually how it works.

6. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Who knows if they will put Plagueis into future films.

But if they start the next film right after Episode 3, & show Vader do something important, then that is a perfect excuse to show Vader in the film doing something important.

7. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010

I wonder if Vader is not a bit too.... crisp down there to make anymore kids...

Ryus and Darth kRud like this.
  8. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    [face_whistling]

9. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Vader lost his ability to reproduce? Is that canon or just common sense?

10. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    If you need to ask if it is common sense... [face_whistling]

11. niccalas_cage

niccalas_cage Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2010
    ROFL
    If Star Trek can have a random person like Tyler Perry as a character...

12. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Maybe Vader had sex with his apprentice who happened to be the woman he met or maybe the emperor took "samples" from Vader pre-op in ROTS in order to make a Vader clone army with midi-chorian counts off the charts and they all have sex with women all over the galaxy and the force explodes like a million super nova's and the screen goes black never to make another Star Wars episode again. Hell, I'd like to see a film 100% from the midi-chorian perspective. Like the beginning of those "Look Who's Talking" films from the 1980's.

;)

Death T likes this.
  13. Traidon

Traidon Jedi Padawan

Nov 1, 2012
    Enough of the EU. If it didn't happen on the screen, it simply did not happen. Does anyone actually think that Disney, Lucasfilm, Arndt, and Lucas himself are going to hamstring themselves with glorified fan-fiction? The idea that Plagueis will appear in physical form, sith ghost form, or as an allusion to episode three is not so far-fetched. In fact nothing is far-fetched at this point in time, save the "holy EU".

I could care less about Jacen Solo or his inevitable demise as Darth Lame, or whatever has been "written".

I can totally see Luke being plagued by dreams about his father, searching for the Kiber (sp?) crystal with his apprentice but being fooled into attaining it for the wrong reasons. Perhaps to bring back his father or possibly and unwittingly propagating the physical manifestation of Plagueis. In fact I believe that is a plot thread bandied about by the flanneled-one in early drafts, correct me if I'm wrong.

Regardless your precious EU will be cast aside, count on it. Disney intends to cash a check, not rehash third-rate "literature".

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  14. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I get that you don't like the EU, but that's no reason to flame those who do.

Ryus and darklordoftech like this.
  15. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Villain will be the first Jedi that Luke trained after ROTJ. This Jedi's turn to the Darkside will cause Luke to doubt his abilities as a Jedi Master. His saving grace and redemption will come after the villain is destroyed by one of his more recent pupils.

Jedi Knight Fett and Dra--- like this.
  16. STARKILLER365

STARKILLER365 Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2012
    Or Jacen Solo, or Thrawn.

17. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    When did the posts start where peeps are speculating that Episode 7 is after Episode 3 and not 6? To me, that is the point at which reality has split.

This is after Episode 6. Unless they come up with a way to show that some "long (thought) dead" Sith is able to come back...and has some plausible reason to wait until the fall of the Empire and the Destruction of Darth Vader...the idea is fairly just fan-spec and will never happen. Folks who see the movie and have no interest in the EU paraphernalia should be able to sit and watch the film, enjoy it, and get whatever story is being told without having to go to the books. Thus, it better be convincing as a movie element.

I *would* like some ancient Sith Book or whatever to be discovered so we get a little in-film universe background or something.

18. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012

The sequel trilogy could easily feature Plagueis without making it to where the audience would have to read a book to know who he is. They would introduce him as a new character and explain his back story as much as they need to--and that could very well be done throughout the course of the trilogy. None of the characters would know who he is so they would have to do it like that anyway. I just think utilizing Plagueis this way could be an interesting answer to who the villain is in the new trilogy--I'm not just trying to force him into the story because he's a cool EU character I like.

But you're right. The theory is purely fan made and if there were a chance the guy were still alive then the books would probably have hinted at the possibility. In all likelihood he'll have absolutely nothing to do with the ST because he is in fact dead and the writers will use a completely one hundred percent original approach to the trilogy with no EU in mind whatsoever. The only chance that something that even closely resembles this theory of Plagueis returning comes to fruition is if these were ideas included in Lucas's treatments for the films, and that's very doubtful since it seems he never had much in mind for Plagueis and everything we know about the character comes from Luceno's EU novel.

I'm just saying I think it could be a great idea if done right.

19. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Dave Filoni or Arold Schwartzenegger.

LunarMoth and HankSolo like this.
  20. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Not many people are really bringing EU parts into this discussion. No one has mentioned Jacen Solo you are the first. Seems like the only one making a big uproar about the EU on this thread is you. Seems a little strange to me.

On a different note Panakas_Dawg I agree with your idea on an ancient sith text to get some background from the films on everything. I think it would be received very well.

21. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Not my first choice, because it's kind of obvious. But it is solid and would make a great trilogy. I can dig it.

22. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I could see it now....

"Hasta la vista, Luke."
    "Get to the speeduuuur."

23. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    If Sidious pretended to be the good guy in the prequels, then couldn't Plagueis do the same and be better at pretending to be a good guy than Sidious was at it? I am not asking Plagueis to take over the universe by becoming the Emperor like Sidious did but I am asking Plagueis to not reveal himself right away & to slowly reveal his master plan over the course of three to six films. I would love for the series to go twelve films instead of just nine. I also would love for some kind of connection between Plagueis and Vader. That is why I would have the first five or more minutes of the seventh film take place right after Episode III to show the audience something they need to see to help them understand Episode VII better.

What about the cave in the Empire Strikes Back?

Here is another excuse for using Vader again. In the fifth episode, on the planet that Yoda was hiding in, Luke Skywalker enters a cave & fights Vader. It was a cave made up of trees. He cuts off Vader's head & discovers his face underneath the Vader mask.

So can the next film involve more of these kinds of things? Can Luke or others get haunted like Luke was freaked out in that fifth episode? Does Luke have any skeletons in his closet that he has to deal with? Is there anything that we need to solve in episode seven that has not been dealt with?

Almost all the bad guys are supposedly dead or dead enough. Who cares about Jabba the Butt or Fett? Maybe the remnants of the Empire is already taken care of. Maybe all the sith are gone and maybe there are no secret sith apprentices out there? Any dangerous bounty hunters? Any other force users? I am just brain storming.

Maybe the next film can deal with the main protagonists fighting with themselves their own demons inside of themselves.

24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If we're going to have a Sith Lord and Sidious is dead, Plagueis would be absolutely awesome!!!!!

25. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    There are a number of doors left open by the PT that could easily leave the Sith on the table. If you are taking into account ONLY movie stuff, there are a couple possibilties. If you are getting into EU territory, there are even more. ( Personally, I'm a movies only guy.)

I believe that we will have Sith in the ST. I see there being a Master who's identity will not be releaved until VIII or IX, but who we will have some knowlege of, and an apprectice who is a new character to the ST.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.