Speculation Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII - Spoilers Allowed' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Darth Chiznuk Chosen One

star 5
    @Darth Claire This thread really needs one of your GIF bombs quick! :p
  2. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Please don't. You make sense of my otherwise senseless online world.
    Dra--- likes this.
  4. Lee_ Force Ghost

star 4
    [IMG]
    Last edited by Lee_, Jan 6, 2014
  5. Lee_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Dude, have a beer on your break. Don't be uptight. Yeah, it is fine to critique the stories, I wasn't being hostile to you in any way. This is a friendly discussion, smile and like it.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    While I appreciate your attempts at peacemaking, don't ruin the moment by double posting. :p
    Dra--- likes this.
  7. Darth Claire Force Ghost

star 4
    Well since this is the villain thread I can't do the usual Ksenia bombs so here's something lolsy
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  8. Darth_Downunder Chosen One

star 4
    That's an example of severe over analysis with a wild theory thrown in. Palpatine wasn't being vague or cryptic when he said that Plagueis had been killed in his sleep.

In the absence of any contrary evidence, yes. Otherwise you're second guessing almost everything that happens or is said on screen. In the movies we have no contrary evidence so I'll accept what the script of the movie has told me.

Beginning the story with yet another Sith Master is anything but original.

Except he immediately begins with a credibility problem because he was the Master & Palpatine deposed him. Even if he survived Palpy's assassination he was "beaten" & seemingly went into exile. This arguably makes him 2nd rate to begin with.

The connective thread is the Skywalker family & the Force. If these 2 elements are present it won't feel like an epilogue.

Maybe you could find the time to respond to my "reasons against" on page 357 :)
    Odolwa likes this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk Chosen One

star 5
    How can anyone carry on a serious argument after seeing those? Perfect! :p
    Krueger, Dra--- and Darth Claire like this.
  10. Lee_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Damn, I've done that twice today on accident. I'm going to crash my head into the wall every time I do that to teach myself not to do it.
    darklordoftech likes this.
  11. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    =D=
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
  13. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    @Darth_Downunder, Vader being Anakin seems to have set a dangerous precedent. Nobody takes anything that anybody says literally anymore.
    I don't get it.
    Last edited by darklordoftech, Jan 6, 2014
  14. son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost

star 4
    I could understand if being overly vague and contradictory was common in the Saga, but it's not. Vader betraying and murdering Anakin being true "from a certain point of view" is really the only instance of it.
  15. Darth Archimage Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Ben was also pretty specific when Luke about his father:

Last edited by Darth Archimage, Jan 6, 2014
    StoneRiver likes this.
  16. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    I was talking about how the audience interprets things, not how the characters interpret things.
  17. son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost

star 4
    I understand that.
  18. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    Here's what I want to know: Will Palpatine's death have affected the galaxy or will it just be a story of an old man who fell into a reactor?
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Completely out of nowhere scenario: Non-imperial galactic citizens are unreasonably furious at the Alliance for killing their monarch.
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  20. Lee_ Force Ghost

star 4
    The fall of his regime along with him would affect the galaxy, not the fall of Palp himself (another Hitler analogy); like that guy was saying about Nazi Germany, JUST taking Hitler out would still have left Nazi Germany a real beast, because then the military takes over. But IF the empire turns out to have fallen, yes, profound affect.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    That is quite an accurate assessment.
  22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost

star 4
    That depends on what part of the war you're referring to, because towards the latter part of it, the generals would have sued for peace.
  23. Lee_ Force Ghost

star 4
    He was talking about Valkyrie. That was the whole reason for the extended plot, rather than JUST killing Hitler.
  24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh.
  25. Mystery Roach Chosen One

star 4
    Of all the pro-Plagueis arguments I've seen, this is the one that makes the most sense to me. However, I do think there are other ways of relating this theme to the the ST. I'm not a fan of Whonts (the word or the idea behind it), but the Whills could fill this role nicely. I just think it's unnecessary to have the Whills divided into good and evil groups like the Jedi and the Sith... we already have that with those groups. It's a lot more interesting to me if this ancient Order obtained a mastery of both sides of the Force. This increases the mystery surrounding them and throws their morality into question, allowing them to pose a possible threat to both Orders and undermine the dualistic struggle between the Light and Dark sides, ultimately giving us a much larger view of the Force and the possibilities it holds. After all, they were the ones who learned how to return from the dead... who knows what other secrets about the Force they're keeping. I'm mentioning this here because they could be seen as good guys or bad guys depending on your point of view, and maybe we won't know the full implications of their existence and the effect they will have on the events of the story until the end, but they would definitely be viewed as an unknown quantity with the potential to be very dangerous, and therefore likely treated as hostile by the Jedi (as well as the Sith). Now that's a bigger fish, although if they show up I would bet money that it won't be until Episode VIII.
    Last edited by Mystery Roach, Jan 6, 2014