main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    No, he was telling the truth for the most part and the look of pleasure on his face when he talks about killing Plagueis is all the evidence needed for the film. However, the book is pretty great and I recommend you check it out if you haven't already.

JoeyArnold and Count Yubnub like this.
  2. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Here's Voldemort:

[​IMG]

It's the Heathcliff guy with makeup and his nose CG'd away.Obviously early identical, but his head isn't stretched out like in the above picture.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah it is kind of difficult to tell with the head stretched like that in the picture. BTW, Ralph Fiennes is brilliant as Voldemort and I always wanted him to play a character in the PT. I thought he would have been a great young Tarkin but alas it wasn't to be. Maybe I'll get my wish for the ST.

Also I definitely agree that TPTB aren't likely to change Plagueis' species if they use him in the ST nor should they since it was Lucas who decided what species he would be. And they can absolutely make him sinister looking.

TreborSabreon and Count Yubnub like this.
  4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It was those he cared about, and the answer is essentially no. Though he certainly didn't love or care about Venamis in a compassionate sense, you could say he cared about Venamis' utility as a test subject.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Tan-Wessel Leia is Darth Plagueis! And she doesn't even know it! Now that's a sequel trilogy! (Also kinda Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker a bit too. If it was Luke that would be way, way Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. But fun!)

JoeyArnold likes this.
  6. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012

the cooler the story the better story..... to me, cool means good.... so a good story to me means a cool story

7. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I dunno. Cool, for me, would be a non stop lightsaber duel between Jedi and Sith. I don't think that would be a good story however.

But I get your point. im splitting hairs. The lack of info is making me cranky.

8. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    the phantom menace had an ok story with possibly the best lightsaber duel.... i liked the kenobi vs anakin duel in episode 3 but the music in the phantom menace and the two versus one and a few things like that made the the first duel more better or cooler or something

9. SoWizard

SoWizard Jedi Master star 1

Nov 20, 2012
    There's no reason the story can't be both cool and good. As long as we don't get a Transformers level of "cool" without at least a TDKR level of "good"

10. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    My favorite duel, Joe...

But let's be honest, ANH was one of the best of the saga and Kenobi/Vader II sucked...

11. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I'm currently listening to the Plagueis audiobook [highly recommend checking it out] and I would be definitely pro bringing him into the sequel trilogy. He'd be a fantastic villain in the same vein though at the same time very different to Palpatine.

12. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I finally finished the book, and while I still think seeing him will be unlikely, I think he'd be a pretty cool villain. I love how he 'observes' as his victim dies, sensing the Force leave the person. I can imagine him just close enough to 'observe' as Alderaan was destroyed, feeling the Force leave all those lives. Not to mention his getting the one person's cells to just shut down.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I have been thinking about this question for awhile now. Not only who the main villain is but what are the factions, divisions, governments that are at war with each other and what does the main villain have to do with them. I expect it to be something unexpected and original just like the PT was with the Trade Federation and the Separatists. I had assumed that trade barons would play a part because that is what the early screenplays described but I had no idea what a major part they would play. So IMO I don't think the Imperial Remnant or Mandalorians will be the major forces against the New Republic.

So the more interesting question to me at least is who are the two opposing factions that will be battling it out in our GFFA since it is Star WARS and not Star PEACE as someone else put it. I like looking at the other two trilogies for inspiration and I think a natural progression is very necessary (I don't like villains coming out of nowhere to threaten the galaxy.) So the PT shows us the struggle of a dividing galaxy between the CIS and the Galactic Republic with many allusions to several eras of world history (the American Civil War, WWI, etc.) The Chancellor states it as his mission to keep the Republic from splitting in two and the Jedi and the clones fight to bring the wayward systems back into the fold. The OT on the other hand shows us a more or less united galaxy but one ruled by tyranny and oppression. Only a few planets are willing to stand up to the Empire but unlike the separatists their revolution is to restore the Republic not secede from it. Again the OT takes many things from our history with the French Revolution, WWII, Vietnam being a few.

So with the Empire now defeated what is the conflict about? What is the natural progression of the galaxy? What conflict can arise with the reestablishment of the Republic? I've almost driven myself mad trying to think this through. Is it barbarian incursions similar to the fall of the Roman Empire? Is it total chaos with factional disputes and criminal cartels running amok similar to the fall of the Soviet Union? Who knows it could be either and I've liked both ideas at several points. But going back to the PT and following it through the OT, I like the idea that the galaxy has split into two separate galactic super powers each springing from the Rebel Alliance. The New Republic on one side and a totally separate government (Galactic Alliance, for example) on the other. I like to think that after the fall of the Empire when the leaders of the Rebellion came together to sit down and discuss the forming of the New Republic they could not agree with each other about the best possible course to take (similar to the situation after WWII with the Allied Powers). Eventually two separate governments spring up and of course they grow distrustful of each other. A cold war sets in and they both build up their military. So by the time Episode VII begins they are just itching for a fight. So this would cover the war but we would still need a main villain and that part I haven't thought out yet. Some have advocated for Darth Plagueis while others have advocated for some other Sith Lord but I personally would advocate (and have done many times) for a schism in Luke's Jedi Order that would allow the trilogy to really explore what it is to be a Jedi Knight.

Anyway, that's just an idea I wanted to share and by 2015 I'll most likely be proven wrong. However, that is all part of the fun for me. :p

14. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    I heard a rumor that it'll be a Hutt with an overweight "Yes" man played by Rick McCallum.

Kyris Cavisek and LunarMoth like this.
  15. DARTHSMALL

DARTHSMALL Jedi Master star 1

Aug 4, 2000
    It's Star Wars people - there will be a bad guy who can wield a lightsabre otherwise there's no awesome lightsabre fight at the end? Simple

16. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    It will be a Sith. The Master will be someone we know to some degree, and the apprentice will be someone new. We will probably not know the identity of the master until Ep VIII maybe IX. In VII, we will see him hooded like Sidious in the PT, but this time around we won't know who it is.

Have at it. :cool:

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  17. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Darth Plagueis. He was alive during The Phantom Menace, Palpatine didn't kill him until the end of TPM. Key word here that bothers people, kill. He is thought dead but he's the only one mentioned in the entire series thats obsessed with cheating death and to an extent he was behind the entire Sith plan executed by Palpatine. He's the one who created Vader, the one who trained Palpatine etc. If not they'll need a new threat greater than Palpatine with no real connection to the last six films. I'm not sure how they could pull that off, come up with a villain out of nowhere who is an actual threat to the galaxy. With the OT it started with Vader busting into the rebel ship and BANG we were introduced to the Empire. It was a clean state. It didn't need explanation it was what it was. A Star War between dark and light forces.

Now there's six films of history. The "no Sith in episode 7, 8 and 9" position seems lacking. Some dark Jedi or war with the Hut and bounty hunters just doesn't float but neither does a story line that just all of the sudden out of nowhere, having NOTHING to do with the previous six films, a Sith just appears and is a greater threat than Sidious. I'm not into cloning Sidious or Vader or anything silly the only reason the door seems somewhat open for Darth Plagueis is his involvement in the 'grand plan' and his obsession with cheating death. Who better than the Sith who created Vader and trained Palpatine?

Whoever the dark side threat is they need to be friggin epic in order to follow the Vader/Palpatine combo. I kinda feel sorry for whoever has to come up with this, unless Lucas already had that figured out in his treatments? The more obvious is one of the Skywalkers will turn to the Dark Side but, well, who knows? If they use a Sith from mentioned during any of the first six films it seems Darth Plagueis is the only option. Unless they use stuff from the cartoon where Dooku had trained Ventres in the ways of the Sith. There needs to be either one ultimate Sith or an army of Sith in order for the threat to be an actual threat to the galaxy. Heck, I'd be happy with an army of Sith like the old republic but I wouldn't think 30 years would be long enough to build a sith army which leads me to believe one of the Skywalkers will turn to the dark side. I'd go with Darth Plagueis if it were up to me though :)

18. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    It will be tough for them to pull off a new Sith, but I would LOVE if they did. I feel as though it would be better however to do the opposite if we are still doing Rule of Two. Be like hey this guy, he is the Sith Master, have him be the focal villain. Then with the new generation cast have a hooded human apprentice, introduce a group of young Jedi, maybe 1 Skywalker Solo, 1 or 2 aliens, and 1 or 2 humans. Then have it be a big reveal in 8 or 9 who the Sith apprentice is, it could be Ben's best friend ever in the Jedi who was a Sith Plant. Then if they go with a 9-12, Ben can square off against his former best friend...

19. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I have thought of this as well, however I also wonder if we don't get Plagueis. Episode 3 mentioned two things that seems out of place. 1. The Whills/Qui-Gon Force learning to Force Ghost. 2. Plagueis learning to cheat death. Yet I could see them throwing out the Rule of Two entirely, maybe not an army of Sith but more than two Sith. Perhaps an Early One Sith.

Darth kRud likes this.
  20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Well... sort of. Not really. Maybe. :p

21. Aizakku Rorensu

Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2013
    Yeah, I like Darth Plagueis the Wise. I like how it sounds. He sounds evil.

As for creating someone new... yeah, yikes.

Rots of ruck with that.

Darth kRud likes this.
  22. Red49

Red49 Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2013
    I hope the villain is something new. Something we have not seen before and when the time comes that we do see this villain our thoughts will be damn Luke is screwed.\

23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    While the character should be new, and the thought should be damn luke is screwed,(I am pretty sure when I saw TPM in theaters and I saw the double bladed lightsaber, I knew Qui Gon was dying right then). I still believe that the Sith/Dark Jedi should be the villains/will be the villains

24. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I kinda want to see a new villain. Something we havn't seen before so we dont go all "Well I know that he will be like this/do this/ect because he did so in this book". I want to be suprised. :)

25. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Original Character? Absolutely, but they can still be Sith or Imperial or whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.