main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I highly recommend the Clone Wars cartoon season 3 episodes 12 through 17. Besides Darth Plagieus, the idea of Nightsisters, Mauls brother and "The Ones" as villains seems cool to me (not necessarily in the same manner as the cartoon). Introducing "The ones" may be a tad mystical for some people though.

Dra--- likes this.
  2. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    That is the most elementary synopsis of what is going on in the middle east.
    If you wanted to do something along that lines why not throw it in to a different direction.
    EP 7
    Act 1...
    The Galaxy is at peace however a group of radicals start attacks on the government. Imagine the Senate Rotunda exploding. There is a culprit trying to escape, Jedi 1 and Jedi 2 go chasing after them and bring them in.
    Reveals that the terrorists are working out of Nar Shada or somewhere. In doing this, the Jedi are fighting a COIN war. Where any sentient or droid could be a villain. Any person on the street, they strike where and when you least expect it.
    Eventually Alliance Intel pick up word that the culprit are hold up on world X.
    Act 2...
    Jedi 1 and Jedi 2 work with Rogue Squadron as well as a commando force of different species to do a raid on the compound. The compound has Anti Air batteries shooting down many of ships. The Jedi as well as a few commandos bail out and assault the compound on foot. Once they confront the "Nute Gunray" (about half way through the film), they pull up the holo log between the terrorist leader and Darth Insertnamehere.
    Act 3...
    The Jedi with their commando and pilot friends report their findings to the Alliance and Jedi Order. Luke send Jedi 1 and Jedi 2 as well as redshirt Jedi A and redshirt Jedi B to deal with this problem.

They board a sith ship and are ambushed by Sith with either lots more Sith or Dark Jedi (depending if we break Rule of 2). Redshirt Jedi A dies. The Sith Lord/Lady reveals themselves to the Jedi who are caught. They will be turned or killed however the commando sneaks in freeing them. They all escape, save for Redshirt Jedi B. But not before blowing up the ship. However the Sith escape to fight another day.

The Jedi, Commando, and pilot are lauded as heroes in a ceremony.

3. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Possibilities for the return of Plagueis (or any Sith with his knowledge of life and death).

If the Rule of Two is banished by Plagueis, then it's probable that Sidious and Vader have their own apprentices out doing their bidding. Which means that we have ST Sith around who could be responsible for "resurrecting" Plagueis. Or they could simply be the new Big Bads.

If there are no actual Sith at the time of the ST, then Plagueis, as force ghost or dark entity, could manipulate force sensitives, evil doers, or wavering Jedi to resurrect him in some way (into the body of a clone, or by possession?).

Or, like Anakin, Plagueis as force ghost rebirths himself via midichlorian manipulation.

A new Jedi fears losing a loved one, researches Plagueis in an attempt to save them, and inadvertently resurrects Plagueis.

Darth kRud likes this.
  4. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    That last one has alot of potential.

Darth kRud and Dra--- like this.
  5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I've argued for this in the past. It could be that the role of the Force was in bringing Anakin and the Jedi together after the fact, just as Qui-Gon suggested in TPM.

Dra--- likes this.
  6. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Absolutely, the Force wanted Anakin trained as a Jedi. Unless you want to argue it was the will of the force for Anakin to have kids and everything.

Dra--- likes this.
  7. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Another thing I think the new villain needs is to last all 3 films. I would hate it if yet again we got a bad ass with soo much potential but was killed off in the first film. Have a villain who we grow more and more to hate and *in a way* love throughout the course of the trilogy.

8. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Absolutely, the bad*** villain needs to last longer than one film. Threshold villains are great however they shouldn't be cooler than the actual villain, but they always are.

9. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    So Darth Plagueis could be like Voldemort with his return. Got it.

Dra--- likes this.
  10. yggdrasil311

Oct 7, 2004
    I still say Daniel Day Lewis as Admiral Thrawn.

Rogue_1138 likes this.
  11. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Yup pretty much...

Dra--- likes this.
  12. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    Maul should lasted till ROTS. Anakin should have had to kill him to become the new apprentice, heck, the rule of two shouldn't have been an issue, there should have been a few apprentices seeing the rule of two was ended by Sidious and his master just before The Phantom Menace. Anakin killing three or four sith apprentices at once would have been great.

DarthOptimusPrime likes this.
  13. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Does anyone know if there is any validity to the claim the new villain will be a female? I read this on the screen rant site.

14. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    It would have. It still depresses me that Maul was killed off soo soon. Soo much potential so wasted. Here's hoping the next villain is something epic :)

yggdrasil311 and Darth kRud like this.
  15. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    wait what?!?! That would be interesting :)

16. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Absolutely, let me find my thread I think you will enjoy it...
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...n-prequels-and-the-original-trilogy.50006066/

17. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    There is a lot of rumors with females in roles of power.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  18. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    It's a charterer, a Sith, who dedicated most of his life to the question of using the force for immortality. Stop acting like it would be a rip off or lazy writing. Got it. Get it? Delivered. Did you get that Pizza?

19. yggdrasil311

Oct 7, 2004
    I surely was served. About an my imaginary man quote towards the other imaginary man quote.

I won't sleep tonight because of this shame.

Right.

20. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    I know, I deliver a mean pizza. I take it you don't want any Sith at all in the new films? If you're open to the idea of Sith (and this can go for any non Sith main villain) how do you think they can create one that is even more of a threat than the Sidious/Vader combo? Thrawn. Oh ya. Got it. That series relied on clones of Jedi and Sith to be interesting, which it wasn't nor would a non dark side of the force villain be interesting as the main threat to the galaxy. It wouldn't even be Star Wars, more in line with Star Trek. May as well get Khan. Hell, we can even call the main Jedi Kirk.

See. I can be a snotty brat as well :)

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  21. yggdrasil311

Oct 7, 2004
    Hehe. Thanks sweet little boy, for the "internet hazing".

I dunno what a Plagueis is, but my quick read from this thread on how he would be "brought back" sounded just like Voldemort being brought back. I've never actually read anything EU. I just thought Daniel Day Lewis is a good actor and has a striking resemblance to Thrawn.

In closing, your likes/dislikes/etc. crap is as worrisome, bothersome and interesting to me as a cloudy day

And now you disappear. That simple.

22. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Daniel Day Lewis as Thrawn? Thrawn has no major facial attributes. Any actor could play thrawn, all you would need would be the hair cut and some blue skin and red eyes. They would have to be skinny

23. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Now a days DDL only does films if he knows theres a 99.99999% chance he'll win an oscar. The script would have to be beyond amazing for him to even consider it.

24. yggdrasil311

Oct 7, 2004
    Well I just thought there was a striking resemblance. That's all.

Didn't know my posts would cause such drama, maybe cuz it is I'm not down with the EU. I'll take my leave.

25. Rogue_1138

Rogue_1138 Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    This is a much better plot for that scenario than the one that I outlined, and it seems to be much more in keeping with the Plagueis character. He would certainly need to be as different from Palpatine as possible.

The Cuban Missile Crisis reference is best thought of as the type of instigating event that makes for a good first movie (in some ways, similar to what TPM sought to be).

Lando as aged military leader would be an excellent use of "General" Calrissian.

I'm most intrigued now about the mechanism for bringing Plagueis back. Although people have been comparing him to Voldemort, the key different is that he never had a first reign of terror. To most people in the galaxy, probably even the Skywalkers and Solos, nobody has heard of him. He could come back quietly and spend decades in the Unknown Regions, only later venturing into the galaxy when the time was right.

Some people have mentioned the idea of a similar virgin birth to that of Anakin. Perhaps Luke encounters someone who was born without a father around the time of TPM, when Plagueis "died"?

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.