main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Don't forget that JJ isn't going to want to retread over 'trek' - so anything like Eric Banas character in ST'09 or the new one (which we'll have to wait and see) is OUT. I can see them going into a full galaxy invasion though - put the WARS into STAR WARS

2. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    OK way out there, but a Galaxy on Galaxy War... We have only been in one cramped filled galaxy of the SW Universe. What if we get extragalactic enemies. Not the Vong, but another similar galaxy, just darker and more evil

Then again with George, there may be a force power that can travel to alternate realities, people would scream, but lets remember the interdimensional beings in Indy...

3. PANAKIN_Hightalker

PANAKIN_Hightalker Jedi Master star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    So certain are you? Always with you what can't be done [face_cowboy]. This trilogy belongs to Katarn I tell you [face_laugh]

Guy has Force / Guy hates Force
    Guy worked for baddies / Guy works for good side
    Guy was an apprentice / Guy becomes master
    Guy has respectable, likable love interest / She's one tough cookie herself
    Basically he's Han and Luke rolled up into one with his own version of a Leia. This is too easy lol.

Seriously though, his inclusion would be such an easy and credible story to deliver and tie-in to the rest of the saga. He's likable and relatable on a bunch of relevant levels, plus his story can be used to easily justify a good chunk of post-ROTJ timeline that would allow for any cameos or general appearances from the big 3 of the OT. For me, doing a Kyle Katarn-related saga would be a way to not have to re-invent the SW wheel, and at the same time allow for the sequels to be compelling, dynamic and acceptable for most fans' standards and expectations.

Damn this would be too cool :cool:

4. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Darth Evil and his apprentice Darth Havok. And a hybrid clone of Maul and Savage, Darth Savagemaul!!!

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    But there's one knock against and unfortunately it's a very big knock: He isn't a Skywalker.

6. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah I love Kyle Katarn. He is a great character. Believe me I know who he is and he is wonderful. But Episode 7 is going to be a continuation of the Skywalker Saga, however I would love to have Kyle Katarn sitting on Luke's council. Or if there are only like 10 Jedi and they are having a conclave or whatever, Kyle can be there. The maybe after the ST we can push for a Katarn Movie, with possible Trilogy option. One step at a time my friend.

7. PANAKIN_Hightalker

Oct 18, 2003
    Well obviously I've completely disregarded the notion that the continuation of the story just has to be based solely on the Skywalker experience :p. Actually is that a premise the Lucas has outright mandated?

8. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    No but Filoni, who works closely with Lucas, and probably knew about the Sequel Trilogy said that it would be the continuation of the Skywalker Saga.

9. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Can you link to a source on that quote?

10. PANAKIN_Hightalker

Oct 18, 2003
    Thank you..I didn't know about that :). I actually figure that the Skywalker story would be the focus while a non-Skywalker would be the central protagonist.

11. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
  12. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Sorry but that is kind of delusional. Unless you are introducing a brand new original character who is completely unrelated that is actually Luke's love child. But honestly stop pulling for Kyle as the main character. If you are lucky he will get a few lines, and that is assuming they don't take a death star to the whole EU, which believe me, I don't want either. But just having him in the film would be enough justification for me.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    If they go with the Plagueis character they're going to have to try and keep him different from Voldemort and Sauron but like you said a big difference is that he is unknown and that could be played to great affect. Luke could sense that something is wrong but would not know exactly what it is. I've had this idea that Plagueis is becoming so powerful that he is literally disrupting the Force's symbiotic relationship with all life in the universe (things are becoming darker and plants and other living things are beginning to wither and die) and this is threatening to undo the balance brought back to the Force by Anakin. This wouldn't be stated outright but Luke would notice it and there would be symbolism of things dying throughout the trilogy (I would love the symbolism this would have with his name Darth Plague-is; he would literally be a plague on the Force and the universe as a whole.)

I love the idea that another poster had that a major theme of the trilogy could be learning from past mistakes and passing on what you have learned. Luke would pass on his knowledge throughout the trilogy to his heir and then die in Episode IX having passed his mission to protect the balance of the Force to this new Skywalker (which would mean confronting Darth Plagueis.) As for learning from past mistakes, whereas in the PT the Senate and the people give away their freedom to Palpatine with literal applause in the ST they would learn that they must fight to keep their freedom (in the OT they fight to gain their freedom back and in the ST they would fight to keep it.) I think that would be a great moral lesson that the trilogy of trilogies could play with; freedom isn't free and one must fight to protect it at all costs.

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  14. PANAKIN_Hightalker

Oct 18, 2003
    You can pull for whomever you wish lol. Just because its a "Skywalker saga" doesn't automatically preclude the possibility of another- or- other central character being the primary protagonist figure. Sure, it would definitely ROCK if this sequel was about the next generation of Jedi, possibly/probably led by the Skywalker/Solo kids, but there are many ways to continue the Skywalker thing without being completely confined to the limits and constraints of their situation. As I understand it, Vader and Palpatine are dead, Anakin redeemed; Prophecy fulfilled, and Luke is the first of the "New" and the EU (-which, Lucas apparently has no solid mandate against ret-conning) provides a plethora of Skywalker-based experiences from which the writer and director can pull from- including...wait for it.....the character and story of Kyle Katarn :p

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  15. K.J Lord

K.J Lord Jedi Knight

Jan 27, 2013
    What is with you people and no sith. The idea is ludicrous. Might as well be no more Jedi.

Darth kRud and Kyris Cavisek like this.
  16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Sith are one faction- which have had 6 movies focused on them and their goals already.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  17. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    The word sith didn't even come into existence within the movies until Episode 1, and their history is barely covered, rule of two and plageius. That is it...

Darth kRud likes this.
  18. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    PLEASE start snipping these long quotes, people!
    EDIT: Oops, you already did... I was a page behind there. [face_blush]

19. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah that was my bad, fixed...

20. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    Here's a thought - Qui-Gon is Plagueis in disguise.

V-2 likes this.
  21. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Force Qui Gon possibly but I highly doubt that.

22. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Right? Good thing that aint gonna happen :)

23. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Fixed. Sounds about the same right? I won't even watch the new series if it's some mess about the Republic fighting crime lords and bounty hunters. Well, I'll watch them like I would watch a grave being lowered into the ground at a funeral. They can get Chopin's force ghost to do the score.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    What is your role on the picture since you're obviously in the know?

Seriously, it is just as possible that the writers will come up with something totally original than it is for them to bring back the Sith. We don't know anything about the story so everything we say is simple speculation.

25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There's fans that love the tech of Star Wars, but aren't much interested in Jedi or Sith. Mando fans, Empire fans, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.