main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Ah okay.

Immortiss likes this.
  2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Can't believe I went almost two months without posting in this thread :oops:

Immortiss likes this.
  3. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    DO NOT WANT!!!!

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  4. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Me too. Maybe a failed and thought dead apprentice.

I also wouldn't mind a Padme zombie monster. ;)

(I just watched AOTC again last night and Padme already sounds like a zombie)

5. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    One of my ideas was that Vader sends a failed apprentice on a wild planet full of monsters and dangers to prove his worth. He never returned. Vader in term assumed he was dead. But he was wrong.

Sith are intelligent beasts. If we could get one who is more openly bestial (without being an idiot) this would be great.

6. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Update: Padme and her decoy posse were stoned out of their minds. There is room for this plot device!

DEATHCONQUEROR and Dra--- like this.
  7. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Does the Oldman confirmation on the fact that 'they have inquired' hint at a living dead theme in the ST, since Oldman played Dracula for Coppola? Just a little harmless speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dra--- and Bullhead CIty like this.
  8. Bullhead CIty

Dec 1, 2012

I'm hoping if one can jump into the Force, perhaps the opposite is true too? How epic would it be to have Ewan fighting alongside Mark?

And then there's that Gary thing.....

Immortiss likes this.
  9. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    They can do all that and more in the inevitable Marvel/SW crossover comics were they can easily fulfill every fanwish there could possibly be.

But these kinds of "plottwists" have no place in the episodes.

10. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    In an effort to re-start the discussion about who the baddie will be, I will pose this question to you all:

With the script done, obviously they know who the villain is, so with all the talk about creating a new continuity for Star Wars, do you think that the way they use the villain may be a little different than originally intended? And if so, do you think the villain will be used to close this saga, or used purposely to keep it open?

To me, it looks like they want set thing sup so that everything is properly related. That said, I would think it made the most sense to close this saga with Episode 9, and then move forward in an unrestricted sense with a new saga that does not interfere with the events of the current one.

In terms of the villain, this would point towards a fully connected, somewhat familiar character for this trilogy.

11. Bullhead CIty

Dec 1, 2012
    LunarMoth

That's what I tried to explain in another thread. I think each saga trilogy (if that's even the franchise business model moving forward after 9), is in of itself it's own story. Though yes, there are familiar characters that may loosely or tightly connect the triune story lines. The PT and OT were tightly connected due to Anakin. As of yet, unknown how tightly the ties will bind the ST. Looking beyond #9, I believe there would have to be a main narrative, some may still refer to that as "the saga", that continues to chart a course through SW space and time. In it's wake would a spin-off society vigorously thrive, depositing Force laden roe to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. Whether or not "the saga" continues to focus on the Skywalkers' remains to be seen. It is entirely plausible it may evolve to showcase a new journey; which I would welcome.

Edit:

Your postulating that a villain set up might occur in the ST, and carry over into future movies agrees with my point. A "tie" that brings the main narrative forward.

Dra--- likes this.
  12. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I think you misunderstood my post.....

What I meant was the villain in the upcoming ST will be related to that saga, and will be defeated as final closure to that saga, leaving room for the new heroes to move into a "new beginning" with future movies and sagas to come.

Thats my opinion.....

And I was asking if others felt either the same or rather that a villain was being set up to continue this saga to another trilogy or more.

13. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I do

LunarMoth and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  14. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Would be an interesting idea if the new baddie was from a world that was attacked by rebels during the alliance, unbeknownst to the Big3 or other surviving rebels. Therefore in their mind, they are the good guys while the new Republic are the bad guys.

Dra--- likes this.
  15. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I think Darth_Pevra should be the villain. That avatar has been freaking me out for months

:p

LunarMoth, Darth Raiden, T-R- and 4 others like this.
  16. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
  17. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I knew it. Pevra's actually George W. Bush, or worse...Dick Cheney!

18. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

19. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
  20. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Well, at least we've finally answered who the next Sith will be.

21. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Did it have to be republicans?

Immortiss and Darkslayer like this.
  22. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    He didn't mean it Pevra!

Immortiss likes this.
  23. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    It's just that they are the fat-free kind of evil. The diet kind. The "I count my evil calories at every slaughter meal" kind of evil!

Darkslayer likes this.
  24. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Well, how would Obi-Wan respond to:

[​IMG]

25. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Palpatine didn't underestimate the power of The Force. Rather, he overestimated the power of The Force. He believed his visions of Luke turning to the dark side and Vader staying on the dark side and believed that the power of the dark side would prevent Vader from ever sacrificing himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.