main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    To be technical, the novel is EU.

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Except that Sith can't become force ghosts, according to George and Dave Filoni. That would have to change for it to be possible. And, if you do that, then you've created an unbeatable villain. [face_dunno]

3. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Depends on what kind of ghost. We've talked before about the difference between transcendental ghosts (Jedi) and immanent ghosts. The latter would be the Sith variety, imo, and could be destroyed by destroying the object or location they are attached to.

Also: ghosts might not need to be destroyed, but trapped or banished.

T-R- and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  4. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    they didn't say anything of sith spectres.

Dra--- likes this.
  5. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Plagueis wont need to become a ghost.;)

6. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    A great Sith would never allow himself to be put in such a cage. He wants to remain in the profane world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StoneRiver, Circular Logic and Dra--- like this.
  7. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    True, Sith are all about the "crude matter."

Meanwhile, Jedi ghosts have just had a major retcon in TCW. Now they can affect the material world. Or at least those as powerful as Qui-Gon. :eek:

StoneRiver and Immortiss like this.
  8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

IIRC ghost Obi-Wan moves a vine on Dagobah.

9. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    "I don't know. I can imagine quite a bit."

Yes, and I would like to see the ST show us what that means or looks like exactly.

10. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2014
    EDIT: Nevermind. I'm an idiot

11. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Oh, it happened.

But we're talking about the "Season 6" clip, not Mortis.

What happens in Mortis stays in Mortis.

12. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2014
    Oh, sorry. What clip was it?

13. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    "So from watching TCW bonus content trailer it appears that Qui-Gon Jinn can somehow still manipulate things in the physical realm with the Force even though he is dead. He causes some candles to go out and even levitates Yoda." - Darth Chiznuk

14. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Makes you wonder if it was Obi Wan's spirit that caused the proton torpedos to curve down into the shaft.:)
    Remembering all that discussion about the netherworld and the Elmaybe rumors about Obi coming back makes you wonder if that TCW arc will pave the way for the Netherworld plot of the ST. The rumored meeting of Yoda and the spectres/ghosts or holocrons of Bane and Revan on Korriban (I refuse to believe in Moriband) will be very interesting indeed. I'll get my first TCW dosage tomorrow, when that Order 66 arc premieres here in Germany. The Korriban arc will air at the same time that Netflix gets the episodes. I am looking forward to some serious discussion then.

In preparation to the lost missions, I finally got around watching the final Season 5 arc and it was soooooo awesome. I really loved how Ahsoka's court martial pushed Anakin further toward the Dark Side. It really makes me wonder if we see Ahsoka again in Rebels or even EPVII. Since she forsook the order, I don't think Vader would persecure her. Maybe we get an arc in Rebels, where the Inquisitor goes after her, but Vader orders him back...

15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Qui-Gon subtly using the force to make Yoda aware of his presence is not a get out of jail free card for resurrections, ghost duels and other shenanigans.

You give them a finger, they take the entire arm.

Pro Scoundrel and T-R- like this.
  16. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    If levitating one of the most powerful jedi ever is a subtle use of the force...

17. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    It's definitely looking likely that there's a theme of the dead being able to assert themselves, both spiritually and physically, in the 'real' world. Even if this goes no further than TCW - it at least is a very interesting notion that after years of force ghosts simply standing by and watching, they may be capable of more.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I hope that this now means that Sidious' ghost used the Force to blow up the Death Star, hoping the shrapnel would destroy all of the nearby fleet. While falling. Instantly upon dying.

19. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Yes it is subtle, gentle, not swinging away with a lightsaber or shooting lightning at everything in the room. Yoda wasn't resisting.

If this is the most ghosts can manipulate in the real world I'm okay with it. They should just never be able to replace the living.

Pro Scoundrel and Sum-Wan like this.
  20. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I agree with that... influencing? Perhaps. Fighting each other in the spirit world? Perhaps. But I wouldn't like to see Yoda's force ghost (which we're so obviously going to see in the ST) beating up stormtroopers etc.

Pro Scoundrel and Darth_Pevra like this.
  21. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    I don't know if I would call that subtle, seeing as how it's a power that has never before been witnessed by anyone. Ever.

From a force-users perspective, that's like calling the very first successful light bulb a subtle use of electricity, or the first telephone call a subtle leap in technology.

I'd call it a pretty big deal, and a tremendous display of a new force power/ability which opens up a door or new possibilities as we move forward.

It's adds a whole new dimension to the aforementioned last words spoken by Obi-Wan to Vader in the living world.

22. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Geez, why did I know that this would immediately be abused as a doorway to introducing unnecessary and silly stuff like ghost fights in the sequels by some of the forum patrons?

Technically Obi-Wan was already capable of interacting with the physical world by speaking to other force users and sitting on that log.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  23. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    Did I say anything about "ghost fights"?

I haven't even thought through how I would like (or if I would) to see this used or expanded in the future...I'm merely disagreeing with the notion that it's subtle.

All that said, this could just be a nifty TCW thing that we never see again.

Darth Chiznuk and Dra--- like this.
  24. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    No, you didn't. Maybe I was a bit overzealous.

Immortiss and run_luke_run like this.
  25. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Why show something like this? If he can lift Yoda, why can't he lift a lightsaber? Im not saying he should, but why couldn't he? Yoda wasn't resisting? Of course not, but would a lightsaber resist? He liftedthe table, no?

This is the kind of thing that worries me about this idea of new canon creation and more prequel timed material.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.