Speculation Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII - Spoilers Allowed' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Darth_Downunder Chosen One

star 4
    Please, you can't compare random names of planets to something as intriguing as "witches" or the "Nightsisters". No way you can drop those names without further explanation. That would be like dropping the term "midichlorians" into TPM without any further exposition about them.

Imagine that: "He has the highest concentration of midichlorians I've seen in a lifeform. It's possible he was conceived by them".

...& then no other mention. Audiences would be thinking "Wtf?" for the rest of the film.
  2. Odolwa Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Everyone's reason for not liking something is always "The audience would be confused", In all honesty they probably wouldn't care. No one knew what jedi were, clone wars, Who darth vader was and many other things when ANH came out. Did people leave the theater outraged "I cant follow this plot!!"? nah. And im sure most still don't know what midichlorians are nor care. But i hope witches don't have much of a role, I find them extremely boring.
  3. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
    Do you find Naga Sadow's sorcery interesting?
  4. Odolwa Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Ancient sith stuff always interest me, Just something about talzin and the night sisters i don't like.
  5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost

star 4
    You didn't like Kruge?
  6. Darth_Downunder Chosen One

star 4
    Ben did explain what the Jedi were & it was explored on screen. Vader was a character that we could observe. TCW was some "old war" in the past. Midichlorians were explained to Anakin being a proxy to the audience.
    The point is you can't name drop something as out there & strange in a new SW film as "witches" or Nightsisters without offering at least a similar explanation to the audience. For us fans it would be fine. To the average moviegoer it may frustrate & make them wonder if there was a movie in between that they missed.
    Last edited by Darth_Downunder, Apr 10, 2014
  7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost

star 4
    The Nightsisters were wiped out and should remain so. Even if Talzin or Asajj returned to Dathomir to restore their order, I can't imagine that they wouldn't be hunted down and killed by the Empire, anyway.
    Last edited by DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR, Apr 10, 2014
  8. Mystery Roach Chosen One

star 4
    It's already been shown in the Star Wars saga that the reason for a war to be fought can be manipulated by someone with an agenda of their own. If that agenda were simply destruction, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for the perpetrator to once again stir up some justification for the parties involved to go into battle.
    Dra--- likes this.
  9. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
    Whatever the case, I'm all for ancient Sith and their powers, whether it be the Corsair, amulets, and/or Sithspawn.
    Massassi!
    Last edited by purplerain, Apr 10, 2014
    Dra--- likes this.
  10. Darth_Pevra Chosen One

star 5
    Also a nice possibility, even though I would like the villains to work together, form a rather unstable alliance.
    Unity gives strength and strength makes for a credible threat.
    Last edited by Darth_Pevra, Apr 10, 2014
    plaidphoenix likes this.
  11. RobShanti Force Ghost

star 3
    Why can't the Nightsisters be "explained" or "explored on screen" or include "a character that we could observe" or be "explained ... to the audience" like in all these examples? With the proper storytelling, any and all of these can be done equally as quickly.

That said, though, I'd rather not see the Nightsisters in the ST. I don't know who I'm pulling for as the villain, but I'm willing to wait and see, and reserve judgment for when I do.
    T-R- and Dra--- like this.
  12. Fastback Jedi Master

star 1
    I do believe that in TCW the night sister mother Talzin was defeated by Mace Windu or Ja Ja Binks lol but she was not killed. She could play a role along with Darth Maul who also lived come out in ST or Rebels most likely we shall see.
    DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  13. I_Love_Scotch Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I hope they kill off Darth Maul in Rebels and don't leave his fate open. It was bad enough that they brought him back. That's the only part of TCW I dislike thus far otherwise the rest is awesome. Hopefully the Inquisitor or Darth Vader give him a permanent dirt nap.
  14. Fastback Jedi Master

star 1
    Yea I was not a big fan of Maul coming back but his story in TCW was not bad but Palpatine did leave him to use him later. I can only imagine he would be in Rebels and killed off there.
    Last edited by Fastback, Apr 11, 2014
  15. LunarMoth Force Ghost

star 4
    I understood that. My reply was to Downunder's post as well. I just thought I'd include you in the fun....:cool:
    Darkslayer likes this.
  16. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
    Keep in mind that when the apprentice kills the master, the apprentice replaces the master as the ultimate evil. Otherwise whoever started the Hundred-Year Darkness would be the ultimate evil.
  17. Darth_Downunder Chosen One

star 4
    Absolutely, they can be. Just that some people seemed to think that they can just be mentioned & it can be assumed the audience will know about them already.
    plaidphoenix likes this.
  18. Mystery Roach Chosen One

star 4
    I don't think anybody thinks that. Only that it isn't difficult to catch the audience up on something that some of them already know about. Unless you're talking about the entirety of the EU, but that's a topic for another thread.
    Dra---, Darth PJ, RobShanti and 2 others like this.
  19. Darth PJ Force Ghost

star 4
    I agree - virtually anything can be explained within context. If the Nightsisters, or similar, were to appear... then I assume the writers would just provide some exposition as to their delineation from Sith and their general purpose/objective within the ST etc.
  20. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    [IMG]
  21. plaidphoenix Force Ghost

star 4
    I think I've discovered who the baddie will be....

Show Spoiler

[IMG]
    T-R-, Mystery Roach and Darkslayer like this.
  22. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
    I love the idea of the ghosts of Yoda and Palpatine giving opposite advice.
    Last edited by purplerain, Apr 13, 2014
  23. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
    Is it possible that Plagueis can reassemble the atoms that his body is made of?
  24. Darth_Downunder Chosen One

star 4
    Like Dr Manhattan, or the Wonder Twins.
    purplerain likes this.
  25. plaidphoenix Force Ghost

star 4
    I wouldn't put it past him, but I wonder if that isn't too powerful. I mean, that could effectively make him immortal, which is the point of learning that ability, but if the bad guy can keep coming back to life every time you "kill" him, how do you defeat him? With Palpatine in Dark Empire with his spirit moving to a cloned body every time his current body dies, at least there's a way to defeat him, just destroy all spare bodies and he's done for.
    Darkslayer likes this.