main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I love the idea of "The Liberator". It's a brilliant parallel of "The Emperor".

Dra--- and Ghost like this.
  2. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    So many double/triple posts.

3. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013

[​IMG]

Dra--- and purplerain like this.
  4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    "Step out of the speeder please."

Dra--- and purplerain like this.
  5. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008

well i think we know that Luke's heart is not in slaughtering people, though he did have to to a degree during the mindor crisis.

and as far as double and triple posts. if we are posting responses to different people at the same time, yeah we need to put it all in one post, not 2 or 3 different posts. But if i post something at 10:00 and post something else at noon, its too late to edit and combine them at that point.

purplerain likes this.
  6. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012

Right on. And it's one of the places the PT went off the rails, IMO. Too much spectacle, too little meaning. Episode 2 is the biggest offender in that regard, IMO. The entire last half hour or so is just so incredibly boring to me.

And, really, why is anyone using the EU as a gauge for anything at this point? Disney has all but said that the vast, vast majority of the EU should no longer be considered canon. I wouldn't count on seeing a nearly transcendent Luke in the ST. Going by just the existing films (which is likely all the script writers are going to use as background material, if only because the viewing audience, on the whole, hasn't read the novels), Luke was a competent but not masterful Jedi by the end of RotJ. He held his own in combat against Vader, who was more machine than man at that point, but saved the day with the love and forgiveness he had for his father, not strength in The Force. Given he's the only Jedi left, and that he's 30+ years older than he was, he'll likely be analogous to ANH Obi-Wan. Not a great physical fighter, but stronger in the gentler aspects of The Force (mind tricks, telepathy/empathy, precognition, etc.).

I'm really, really not trying to be a buzzkill, and speculation is fun because everything at the moment is mostly unknown potential, but there are some things that just won't happen, for a variety of logical reasons, most of them revolving around good storytelling (which increasing power levels a la Dragonball Z most assuredly is not) and audience expectations (everyone here represents the outlying group... most people aren't aware of anything in the EU).

Regarding the baddie, I've said it multiple times, but anyone but Plagueis, please. It's a bad idea for a variety of reasons, most of which I've outlined in previous posts. I want either a student turned bad, or someone whose family/planet/people were harmed in the last war to be the big bad. Not some old Sith Lord like the previous six movies.

7. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Right on. And it's one of the places the PT went off the rails, IMO. Too much spectacle, too little meaning. Episode 2 is the biggest offender in that regard, IMO. The entire last half hour or so is just so incredibly boring to me.

And, really, why is anyone using the EU as a gauge for anything at this point? Disney has all but said that the vast, vast majority of the EU should no longer be considered canon. I wouldn't count on seeing a nearly transcendent Luke in the ST. Going by just the existing films (which is likely all the script writers are going to use as background material, if only because the viewing audience, on the whole, hasn't read the novels), Luke was a competent but not masterful Jedi by the end of RotJ. He held his own in combat against Vader, who was more machine than man at that point, but saved the day with the love and forgiveness he had for his father, not strength in The Force. Given he's the only Jedi left, and that he's 30+ years older than he was, he'll likely be analogous to ANH Obi-Wan. Not a great physical fighter, but stronger in the gentler aspects of The Force (mind tricks, telepathy/empathy, precognition, etc.).

I'm really, really not trying to be a buzzkill, and speculation is fun because everything at the moment is mostly unknown potential, but there are some things that just won't happen, for a variety of logical reasons, most of them revolving around good storytelling (which increasing power levels a la Dragonball Z most assuredly is not) and audience expectations (everyone here represents the outlying group... most people aren't aware of anything in the EU).

Regarding the baddie, I've said it multiple times, but anyone but Plagueis, please. It's a bad idea for a variety of reasons, most of which I've outlined in previous posts. I want either a student turned bad, or someone whose family/planet/people were harmed in the last war to be the big bad. Not some old Sith Lord like the previous six movies.[/quote]

sorry but i am kind of offended by your post and hope your wrong. Luke is the best swordsman in history in the eu. His physical skills even in the movies always transcended any other ability, That is why Yoda made him into a weapon, and because they needed him to defeat vader. His physical skills have alwasy shone the brightest

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Hopefully they use some ideas from the EU.

Darkslayer likes this.
  9. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    So out of curiosity, does anyone have a new idea/hope for the baddie? Right now it has been a circular discussion of those who think Plagueis would be interesting against those crying out how it would be horrible to him and instead suggest either yet another Skywalker/student go dark, old imperial leader, or secret apprentice. Anyone have a seriously new idea to help bring some variety to this discussion? Something I would be curious to see if the cline facilities were still operational during the original trilogy, and if they would have any potential effect one our villain. Heck, depending on how long the cloning kept going you could even do a clone gone wrong as the villain.

Dra--- likes this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Something with the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse but Star Wars-ified. Aside from that I've got nothing.

Alien invasion?

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  11. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Fleab88 How about the spirit of Exar Kun? With JAT no doubt decanonized, his spirit should still exist and be eager for vengeance.

12. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I'll give it a shot:

1) Alien invasion. I'm thinking of someone like the Rakata. They use the darkside/Force to power their tech. They eat their enemies. That's pretty scary. They could use the Lifeforce of living beings as living engines.
    2) Force Monster. Could be something created by Plagueis or Palpatine that's just now been found and unleashed by the desperate Imperial Remnant, or anyone else, like Mandalorians or a criminal empire.
    3) Mandalorians. Old enemy of the Republic and Jedi. Nuff' said. It makes complete sense they'd rise up as the Empire fell. Especially if the Empire treated them poorly.
    4) Solo or Kenobi family. We learn that Han's family or Obi-Wan's family are not as heroic as they were. Their families or family's corporations want galactic power and start a fresh war in order to take it.
    5) Criminal empire. Bounty hunters and a villainous crime lord wants to stop the Republic from creating order in the galaxy, so they find a way to start a war.
    6) Wanna be Force gods. Something like the Son who thinks themselves a God and whose powers are pretty close. Maybe they hypnotize Imperials or another group to serve them as pawns.
    7) Evil Droids. Not like the silly PT battle droids, but droids that blur the line between tech and magic as they are powered by the darkside.
    8) Nightsisters
    9) PTish Jedi. Someone who believes in the old ways and thinks Luke is too progressive.
    10) Imperial Jedi. Gray Jedi who serve an emperor but not their own selfish desires. They would be close to the darkside and maybe at some point fully turn.
    11) Sith Purebloods, or some group of ancient Sith.

13. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    [​IMG]

Shadow Droid

I doubt it'll happen, but it would be cool to see.

Dra--- likes this.
  14. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I like this one as well. Cheesy awesome on one level, while on another the idea of machines powered or given life by Force philosophy could be pretty thought provoking.

Dra--- likes this.
  15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Fleab88

I mentioned a theory that maybe the Skywalker lineage was discovered to still exist somewhere in the outer rim, and that Shmi was the lost heir to a throne on some obscure world, which resides in some forgotten solar system that has many habitable planets. Sold off to slavery at a very young age by members of her family, the day has finally come for the rest of the Skywalker family to reveal themselves - who at one time were a famous and Force sensitive family from the past that now follow the ways of the dark side. Being content with having so many worlds to rule, the Skywalker hierarchy had decided to stay discrete and uninvolved in the major events of the last fifty years. Hoping to spread their rule into the core systems, and knowing that the Empire is no more and that the Republic has not been restored in its place, these powerful dark side followers have threatened war on the now fragile state of the galaxy.

Darth Archimage and Dra--- like this.
  16. Bennihana

Bennihana Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2014
    They are going to keep with the thematic and story threads from the original trilogy as much as possible - it's going to be some kind of new Sith threat, not an alien invasion or anything exotic. They're gonna want to play it safe.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  17. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    An Imperial Remnant led by Jerec perhaps?

18. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I think it's safe to assume that an EU video game character will not be chosen as the ST villain.

19. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    How about a non-EU inquisitor?

Darth_Pevra and Dra--- like this.
  20. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    T
    To be fair, we do not know any of that for certain. You raise valid points, but a good point does not equal true.

Dra--- and plaidphoenix like this.
  21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    How about just an average joe?

22. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    Hello, my name is Joe the Sith and I'll be your server today.

Darkslayer likes this.
  23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    So they allow Sith to be waiters/waitresses?!

24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I still think the absence of the Emperor's involvement in the first two films is the key here. One that we can't dismiss as a contrivance. It would make sense that he would have a second apprentice hidden somewhere, especially if he felt that Vader had failed him in ANH and had sensed his betrayal in TESB. In fact, if it isn't a secret apprentice, then it can only be a group of Neo-Sith. Whatever the case, it's safe to say that the main villain will be a Force user of some kind, whether it be a Sith or not.

These ideas, in my opinion, are probably not going to happen.

It won't be a Jedi turned traitor, because that's happened before — twice, in fact.

It won't be a mass alien invasion. Not unless it's led by a group of Dark Siders, that is.

It won't be a Vader apprentice, because it diminishes the whole point of trying to turn Luke.

It won't be Sith Spirits, because it contradicts the whole point of the Jedi being rewarded the gift of an afterlife.

It won't be a group of former imperials. Not unless they're under the influence and leadership of some Dark Sider.

Bennihana likes this.
  25. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    Not impossible, but unlikely, both for it being repetitive and at this point, a Jedi turned traitor wouldn't have the same impact as it did the first time around.

This I think is what I'll see because for it makes sense for there to be a physical enemy to balance the spiritual enemy of a Dark Sider/Sith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.