main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Why can't we know everything? I'm beginning to feel completely powerless.

:(

Anyway ... the best villains commit villainous acts. That seems like a no-brainer, but imagine how much more threatening Dooku or Grievous would have been if we'd seen them choking a Jedi to death, or blowing a planet up.

I'm hoping our new big bad is allowed to act badly, really really badly.

Immortiss, Darth_Pevra and RobShanti like this.
  2. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Acting bad is a bad act or bad acting is acting bad. At this point, I have no clue.

Dra--- likes this.
  3. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    How about a villain who wants to unbalance The Force towards the light side in order to bring peace to the galaxy?

4. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

I've never subscribed to the "Dark side -- enjoy in moderation" theories, and before the Mortis arc of Clone Wars, I would have said what you suggest was ridiculous, but they now do seem willing to go there. It could happen.

5. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Of the senior Imperial officers in the OT the only one we don't see killed is General Veers. Any chance of him having a role in Ep7?

After all Julian Glover has recently gained a boost in his profile...
    [​IMG]

If they are going to bring in an Imperial military leader I say make it Veers !

[​IMG]
    "Target....maximum firepower !!! "

6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    He was a badass, so I'm all for it. Maybe we'll get a villainous father/son or father/daughter team, that could be interesting.

7. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Yep, as much as I'd like Noble, Weaving or Oldman as an Imperial, I think I'd take Veers over them all. He was a General, & arguably the most competent Imperial officer we saw. After Ozzel screwed up the approach to Hoth he led the Walker attack with skill, & was pretty damned cool & calculating at the same time. During the Endor battle, who's to say he wasn't in command of a Star Destroyer, & when the DS was destroyed he could have rallied the fleet & led the escape.

Veers for Ep 7! If not as the main Imperial then as his right hand man at least.

8. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    Have it be a Father/Daughter with Veers' daughter be an Imperial version of Joan of Arc on a crusade to restore the Empire to its former glory.

Dra---, The Hellhammer and purplerain like this.
  9. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    He's a fine actor, and he's a very interesting chap to talk to, but he's quite old now. He looks considerably older than Cushing did in ANH and Lee did in AOTC/ROTS. I think that excludes him from any return unfortunately.

Dra--- likes this.
  10. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    He's currently putting on a good performance as Pycelle in GOT. He's playing that as a very old man but he himself is only a few years older than Harrison Ford. I agree he's probably too old for a main role, but he's more than capable of a supporting role as Veers, if there will be an ex Imperial faction in the film.

Dra--- likes this.
  11. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    That's why you would bring in his daughter/son. He could be the mentor to the new main villain.

Imo the new villain should be one with his own set of ideas and ideals, not just one who parrots his predecessor. So if we have a dad/daughter team-up, which I would love to see, have them build their empire in a different fashion. Intelligent villains would strive to improve on the previous regime.

plaidphoenix likes this.
  12. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    I believe the Fan**** Ticket has found its running mate. His strong security background will be a great asset to us. Next year, go with the names you know... barely.

[​IMG]

Edit: removed disallowed word

13. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013

Here I am all this time feeling surprise was wiser.

Dra--- likes this.
  14. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    That's a hell of a double act :)

15. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    If they were to bring back an imperial, I think it would probably be easier to just create a new one rather than dig up Veers. We talked about mindless nostalgia in another thread, and bringing back an imperial from TESB (although admittedly I really like Glover) who had about 5/10 mins of screen time just seems like nostalgia for fans.

Dra--- and D'an like this.
  16. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Veers is badass. Like a Star Wars version of Erwin Rommel. Absolutely no complaints about seeing him again.

Also, I don't really consider him "evil" - he's just a very professional military commander who happens to be fighting on the Imperial side. In fact, with the exception of Tarkin, I can't think of one Imperial officer who gave off the "evil" vibe.

17. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    It depends on how it's done. Mindless nostalgia was having Anakin make 3PO or having Yoda bump into Chewie. Veers on the other hand was an Imperial General. He's also the only high ranking Imperial that wasn't killed off on screen. If some kind of remnant of the Empire is part of the story then I think Veers is a far more logical inclusion than either of those PT examples. If there happens to be a small role for an old Imperial veteran, maybe as an adviser to the main Imperial leader then instead of inventing one why not "dig up" Veers? The advantage of Veers is that he could drop some cool exposition about his experiences & dealings with Darth Vader & the OT era. IMO he provides a nice link to the Empire of the OT. For those viewers who can't remember him, he would serve as the "old wise Imperial veteran" just as well as any made up character would, so I think it's a no lose situation.

18. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    However unlikely it may be in reality, I think he'd be absolutely great as the non-Force using antagonist. Give him a rank of Field Marshall and have him be a legitimate threat to the heroes... while still not being all out evil... and also have him survive.

Yeah, I really like Veers :p

19. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Who knows, maybe Abrams is way ahead of us & Veers is somewhere to be found in that mystery box ;)

Darkslayer and The Hellhammer like this.
  20. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    In literal terms, sure. They own it, so no "power" in that sense.

However, the deal was made on GL's treatments for the ST story, and I believe that they will honor that not only in good faith, but because they know that being faithful to the property is what is going to make it worth their while in the long run.

In that case, GL's consultations and input will be highly valued and utilized.

Mystery Roach, Dra--- and Immortiss like this.
  21. Airseven

Airseven Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2013
    Was the term "Sith" an original concept for the PT?

22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It first appeared in the Star Wars: From The Adventures of Luke Skywalker novel - the novelization of the 1977 movie.

plaidphoenix likes this.
  23. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    No. I don't know when Lucas fleshed out the concept, but I remember Darth Vader being referred to as the Dark Lord of the Sith in some of the original ANH merchandising.

24. Airseven

Airseven Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2013
    Thanks, interesting. But was the term ever used in the OT films?

25. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    I'm not sure Anakin making threepio constitutes 'nostalgia'... convenience/contrived perhaps. As far as Veers is concerned - There's no narrative reason for him to be in the ST, just like you were arguing there's no narrative reason for Tatooine to appear. Why resurrect a peripheral character from TESB when they could create an original one?

Dra--- and Immortiss like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.