main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    If it is the title, then it could also mean that Von Sydow's character was this vicious Sith Lord that ruled the galaxy a thousand years before the Prequels. And the atrocities he committed during that time has always be remembered — especially if was never known to be killed and was feared that one day he would return, too. Maybe he fled to or was trapped on some world in the outer rim, and someone (an exploring prospector; Driver) finally found him and brought him back.

darklordoftech and Dra--- like this.
  2. Myself656

Myself656 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2008
    I must say I really like your concept here precisely because it IS something new for Star Wars. The Sith seek to control the Force, but what about someone who loses themselves completely to the Dark side and just rides the wave of chaos and death like some Force-sensitive version of Firefly's Reavers. Maybe, like the Reavers they were an experiment gone wrong... an attempt by some other Sith past to create Dark-side soldiers that lacked to coherence to challenge him, but underestimated the level of power needed to keep them in and left them locked away on some long forgotten world until a Sith Lord strong enough to claim them could arise. Someone on a par with a Palpatine... or a Skywalker.

Enter Rider's character... Son of Han and Leia and beloved nephew and first apprentice of Luke. Things aren't going so well in the quest to restore order to the galaxy after the fall of the Empire and "Jacen" (which I'm using simply because its faster to type on a phone) learns of this ancient force and thanks to that infamous Skywalker impatience thinks it could provide the power needed to help them restore order and that he's actually strong enough to control it.

And so, with the best of intentions, he falls and fails to control them and seems to die at the hands of these Reavers, driving a wedge between Luke, Han and Leia in the process. Cut to ten years later. Something very much like these Reavers arr attacking the major factions of the Post-Imperial galaxy, but with more coordination and to far greater effect than such a force of chaos should be able to muster. You see "Jacen" didn't die and he didn't completely fail... He was powerful enough to psychically sieze control of the Hive-minded Force Reavers, but it took time and cost him more than a little of his sanity for his mental link to primal madness is a bit of two-way street. Rechristning himself "Darth X" (which is all he'll be called in the promotional material to preserve the twist) he's now got it into his crazy head that he can ride this force of chaos and use it to unite the rest of the galaxy against him, thereby restoring order to the galaxy. Except of course that he's insane, the bickering factions are too stubborn to unite in the face of the threat and the Reavers aren't going to just give up and go home once "Jacen" gets what he wants.

3. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    I'm sticking with my carbonite theory. You could bring almost anybody back from any point in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  4. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Or they could go that route. I remember reading a short story in high school about some rotten, rich guy who had himself frozen until the cure for cancer was discovered — and many years into future a committee would vote every year on whether they should revive him.

Maybe he (Von Sydow) purposely had himself hid this way (to avoid being captured and destroyed by the Jedi Knights of his time), but his loyal minions were either killed or were too reluctant to return this monster back into the galaxy. As the years waned, and his loyal followers diminished over the centuries, the whole thing was forgotten. But one day and by chance, a lone explorer discovered him on some obscure world (and in some tomb) and mistakenly freed him.

Dra--- and TKT like this.
  5. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I'd say yes... It's certainly not London and it's certainly not Abu Dhabi... So it has nothing to do with the shoot (regardless of whether imperials are in the ST or not).

Dra--- likes this.
  6. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I think we'll see some kind of stormtrooper in the ST, but what kind who knows. I tend to think we'll either see them serving the Republic again, and looking somewhat different -- and maybe we'll see the OT version at the opening of E7 if there's some old Imperial warlord still holding on.

I'm not convinced we'll see the stormies as bad guys though. Unless we see a new version of Sith Trooper or Mandalorian Trooper.

Immortiss likes this.
  7. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

Or, "Wait, my loyal droid minions. I have little time left in this body of crude matter. Get your scheduled oil changes every 1,000 years and wait... until the Jedi discover how to preserve one's individuality after death. Then... waken me."

8. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    It'll be his head in a jar like on Futurama

Dra--- likes this.
  9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Or in this way, too.:)

Dra--- likes this.
  10. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    I have mixed feeling about Max Von Sydow playing a Sith. Yes he'd be fantastic, but at some point he'd have to fight, and that would require the head swapping FX used on Dooku and Sidious, and I just don't see JJ Abrams doing that. Every indication is that they want to bring Star Wars back to its roots and distance it from the PT, so I think all of the dueling is going to left up to the "youngsters" (I include Hamill in this category) this time around.

11. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I hope they don't take a cue from Jedi Academy and resurrect an ancient Sith Lord like Marka Ragnos was. A Dark Jedi could be from ancient times also.

12. DEATHCONQUEROR

DEATHCONQUEROR Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2011
    Here's an interesting idea. I just finished reading Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor, and an interesting thought occurred. While the Dark Side could still be explored with the villain of this series, why not have the main villain/s represent a dark and mysterious dark-side-like cult, either new or ancient, that is far more sinister and messed up than the Sith. It doesn't have to be, in order to not directly borrow from EU, the Sorcerers of Rhand exactly. It could be a new titled group with ideas and goals more insidious and disturbing than the historical Sith. Now the Sorcerers of Rhand and their ideas about the Way of the Dark are really messed up and pure evil...what i would argue to a degree worse than the Sith. They, as force-sensitives, worship and seek after pure death, destruction, nihilism at its core, and evil............all for the sake of those things as pure truth, and that true power in existence comes from those things accomplished. They believe that the Sith limit themselves by trying to rule and maintain what they've conquered and rebuilt, rather than annihilation and entropy for it's own sake. The Sith also have a limitation of fearing their own death above all things, while the Rhandites embrace it and only wish to stay alive to accomplish goals that do not require immortality in the Sith sense. They want this to be an original story right? So since they wouldn't have to refer directly and exactly to an EU source that only consists of one book (out of hundreds or thousands) that came out in 2008, they could expand further with the Dark Side into a complete bottomless Nihilist dark side cult that has risen, and is worse than Palpatine.

13. harry123

harry123 Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2014
    Hi everyone! I came here to find the 'Real Fans' and am pretty sure I've found the right place! You'd be doing me a massive favour if you filled out my survey, it'll only take a couple of minutes. I know its a pain but it's really important to my university course. Here's the link.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/L7QFXMF

Many thanks

14. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    I think that's called pimping around here [face_shame_on_you]

Dra--- likes this.
  15. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
  16. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I have been relatively quiet around here lately, mostly due to soaking in the casting announcement, but I have been reading most of the postings in this thread. I find that since the cast announcement, many are posting as if the cast has given us some sort of clue about the villain, and in some cases, seems like the cast announcement has caused some to feel as if the villain has changed somehow, and speculation about additional cast even more so.

I have still yet to hear a supportable suggestion as to who the villain could be, and as such, my opinion has not changed, however.....

Many things are possible, but there is no way to speculate other than using what we know, which has also become more defined as of late. The films and TCW are the only material that count (Rebels too, but we haven't seen that yet, and same for new books), which has added one other supportable possibility to my opinion: Darth Maul. I say this for three reasons, but before I get to those, I want to point out that simply because someone or something exists in TCW doesn't automatically make them a supportable theory, although is does make them a possibility.

So on to Maul as supportable......

1. He was shown in TCW to have survived Ep. I
    2. Palpatine himself proclaimed that although no longer his apprentice (and no longer a Sith), he had plans for Maul.
    3. His fate was not revealed in TWC. ( I understand that it has been said that Maul's fate would be revealed in an upcoming comic that will be canon, but because that is not here yet, and we dont know what the content will be, we can only speculate prior to that knowledge.)

Although I feel that Maul is supportable now, I do NOT feel that he will be the villain in the ST, and that his supportability will be removed by canon material that will be release prior to Ep VII.

My bet is still on Master P, and I will point out that the removal of the book from canon, nor the Clone Wars bonus material, has done anything to lessen the strength of the Plagueis theory. In some ways both give it more weight.

I have no problem if this is not the case, however, I will say again: I don't see any other avenue that any of us could possibly glean from the existing material. If its something new, we can guess, but that's it.

:cool:

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  17. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    I took the survey above. No pass/fail... nice.

I think my efforts gave 50 cents toward something... hope it is not to some children's revolutionary cult or something, but whatever. I felt I got lowballed anyway, thought, I could try again, and bump it up to at least a dollar, but no dice... damn the system.

Jeff Zach likes this.
  18. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [​IMG]

Immortiss, LunarMoth and T-R- like this.
  19. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Nice of you to decide for us what the supportable theories are.

LunarMoth likes this.
  20. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    ventress and ashoka will be dark jedi/sith.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Dra--- likes this.
  21. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    What is supportable is surely not up to me, but I havent seen anything that fits the bill.

Dra--- likes this.
  22. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014

I agree with you. They could still go the Emperor approach from ROTJ, or something like Gandalf or Saruman in LOTR if MVS is still playing a villain. I still wonder if he's may be just be voicing a character (I'd love to see him onscreen but he also has a killer voice so either is great).

Dra--- and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  23. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    It shouldn't be a big deal, really. If rumors are indeed true (that Von Sydow's character will be this terrifying villain), it could mean that he's powerful enough to use lightning, mind control, and telekinetic powers at extreme levels — probably more so than Sidious and Vader ever could. Which would be welcomed by me, considering neither of them had displayed enough of their abilities in the dark side, anyway. It would be better to see this Sith use his powers to do so much than have him just be another lightsaber twirling Dark Lord. They should just leave the lightsaber dueling for his apprentice.

Dra--- likes this.
  24. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012

So, you want a Sith that has been laying low/hiding/laying dormant, for "x" amount of years. Then once he gets enough power he launches a master plan against the Jedi...Hmmm something tells me we saw that story already..?

25. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Yeah, it would be a positive if Max doesn't use a lightsaber, right?

Satipo and DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.