main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Indeed that would be an interesting twist. Plagueis would be one angry master.

Darkslayer, Indy 11 and Dra--- like this.
  2. dyous87

dyous87 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2006
    I do agree with this...I was just saying that if they had to bring him back a "force demon" would be something novel that hasn't been done yet and it would allow for further exploration of the dark side.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

3. dyous87

Oct 5, 2006
    Unless he had somehow foreseen what was going to happen and it was part of his plan?

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    "Thanks for killing me while I slept."
    "You're welcome"

;)

dyous87 likes this.
  5. dyous87

Oct 5, 2006
    lol that made me laugh...I'd love to see that exchange :)

darklordoftech likes this.
  6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    dyous87 - Please don't double post, (post back to back). You can reply to more than one person in a post and you can go back and edit a post for up to 90 minutes. Thanks.

7. dyous87

Oct 5, 2006
    sorry about that, it won't happen again.

mavjade likes this.
  8. Obill-Wan Cuppobi

Obill-Wan Cuppobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 2, 2014
    Here's an idea I had while I was at work....

What if Lupita and Christie were a bounty hunting team? Like a hunter/killer dynamic? Christie would be great as a Mandalorian, maybe even having the title of Mandalore, and Lupita is the more mysterious bounty hunter, with links to the Sith. Could have a cool two lightsaber technique.

Then you could have a Mandalorian army under Christie, and they could be like, the Mongolians under the Khans. Just rolling through places and burning them to the ground. Total wild men.

I dunno. I really just want to see some Mandalorians rip stuff up.

9. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    What about Christie is some new Sith Master and Lupita is her apprentice. She then sends out Lupita to go and try to seduce one of Luke's apprentices (or kid/nephew/neice what not. I dont care) to the dark side. Lupita manages to get Adam Driver's character on her side thus...you know.....stuff and things happening. [face_dunno]

plaidphoenix likes this.
  10. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    No, no, you've got it all backwards. Daisy is the Sith Master, MVS is her apprentice and Lupita is Han and Leia's daughter. :D

11. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Perfection and Boyega is Yoda's kid despite being human. DONT ASK ME HOW! :p

12. TheFoot

TheFoot Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2011
    It would irk me to see a huge mandalorian army. I mean you're asking for a whole army of Boba Fett clones. We already....sort of had a movie of that with AOTC. I know they weren't proper mandalorians and all, but....ugh. Just the image of all those Fett armors on screen at once would not look amazing to me. It would just feel like Disney is taking an iconic character and plastering him all over the screen a million times and not actually coming up with a new idea.

I also sort of feel the same about loads of Stormtroopers being around. I love the look of Stormtroopers and all, but seeing them AGAIN as THE MAIN bad guy army would be not thinking very originally.

NEW evil army. NEW evil villain(s). Leave the TCW content alone and don't bring any of that stuff back for the ST. And nothing lame like the Trade Federation. They looked neat and all, but just didn't stick as GREAT bad guys or anything. They were just a little silly.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    This is how I would feel about an army of Sith.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR and TheFoot like this.
  14. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    At least an overt and formal Sith army is something we've not had before.

Dra--- and Immortiss like this.
  15. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014

Jon Boyoda.

As for the army, I think it's going to be Imperials, with a wider hierarchy of various villains and/ or Sith, the structure of which will be set up in Rebels.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  16. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    I think if the rumours are to be believed... I can see the army being pretty much a Sith led army with Imperial tech... the remaining Imperials having sold their souls (not literally or course) to these Sith wannabies after Endor??? I quite like that as it also harkens back to my original perception of that GFFA where Vader was but one of many 'sinister agents'. It also makes the notion that Driver is in the vein of Vader more plausible e.g. a brooding, dark menace wandering around a Sith/Imperial Star Destroyer, force crushing the heads of those who don't please him.

Dra---, dyous87 and Artoo-Dion like this.
  17. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    If we see imperials than Palpatine won't be far behind. Still lurking about.

[​IMG]

18. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    This would go along with the reports of the "new bad guy making Palpatine look like a wimp". I guess we now have to figure out who is it exactly that these jedi hunters are going to resurrect?

19. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    This will be the baddie and his weapon will be the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

20. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Our hero?

[​IMG]

21. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    Looks like he took a wrong turn at Alderaan.

Jedi Merkurian and Immortiss like this.
  22. Darth_Lilapso

Darth_Lilapso Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    OK here's my slightly revised thoughts (based on new info - the 'Jedi Hunters' tid-bit - that just happens to be in-line with my earlier stated theories)...

Palpatine and Vader are dead. The Galactic Empire still exists and is now in the hands of the Imperial Inquisitors. These Force-sensitive 'bloodhounds' are conventionally powerful. Yet they know that Darth Sidious withheld secrets from them to keep the Inquisitors under his heel. Now he's gone. The Imperial Inquisitors use the resources of the Galactic Empire to search the galaxy for Force-enhanced elements that will empower them further (not unlike the Nazis hunting powerful relics in the Indiana Jones saga). Meanwhile Luke Skywalker uses secret bases to train potential Jedi Knights. One group or the other (perhaps both) stumble upon the Force powered space station known as the Mortis Monument (or some element that will lead to it at some point in the new trilogy). There one group or the other are introduced to the Father of Eternal Balance (played by Max von Sydow), the Son / Brother of the Dark, the Daughter / Sister of Light. It seems likely that the Inquisitors will unleash and / or become devoted to the Son / Brother of the Dark. While Luke and his new Jedi Knights will connect with the Father and / or Daughter of the Light. YES I know the Ones seem to have died, but they are not to be thought of as literal flesh-and-blood. They are sentient patterns that repeat in variations through out time. Luke is likely to be transformed into a 'replacement' for the role of Father of Eternal Balance. Thus Yoda's remark about Luke not looking so good at 900 years of age becomes more than a bit of humor. It was foreshadowing.

23. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Might three of the actors being around thirty years of age have something to do with these Jedi Hunters, too? Perhaps Force spawns that Sidious had created to ensure that his reign would continue after foreseeing Vader and his son's possible alliance and attempt to overthrow him?

Lupita, Driver and Gleeson are all around thirty, correct?

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  24. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Max: Not every Jedi discovered by Vader and his agents was destroyed. Some who pledged allegiance to the Emperor and helped track down other fugitives were spared. Some even acquired considerable power and wealth.
    Luke: You...
    Max: Galactic conquest is a fantasy and a waste of time. The annihilation of the Jedi Order, however...
    Luke: I- I don't understand. Why?
    Max: I can show you. Embrace the dark side of the force, Luke. I promise you will not regret it.
    Luke: Oh, I've witnessed the power of the dark side and its ability to pervert one's perception of reality. It's unfortunate my father didn't destroy you when he had the chance.
    Max: Perhaps he was merely helping to fulfill your destiny.

25. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    I think the thing that stands out, since yesterday's rumour, is that most here seem to like the notion of a proto Sith Brotherhood/Jedi Hunters type thing. That bodes well if the rumour turns out to be true, as it's obviously a fairly workable/pragmatic concept (for most of us here anyway) in that it seems somewhat progressive, but allows for red lightsabre wielding baddies, as well as some of the imperial iconography to return.

The element that I'm not yet convinced about is that the Empire has survived for circa 30 years, and is still being fought by the Rebellion. That seems less progressive and a little more problematic... which is not to say that it will pan out that way. I think this is easily overcome, if the writers have a mind to. It could even be addressed in the opening crawl... something along the lines of...

Since Emperor Palpatine's death at the hands of the Anakin Skywalker, the Alliance, led by Princess Leia, has struggled to maintain a fragile peace throughout the underlying star systems. The imperial remnants that had been pushed back to the very reaches of the known galaxy have, in a last ditched attempt for survival, struck up a deadly allegiance with the mysterious JEDI HUNTERS/BROTHERHOOD OF DARKNESS. Unbeknown to the imperials, these ‘dark warriors’ have their own nefarious agenda for the galaxy....’

Anything that shows that battle at Endor was decisive, for the Empire as we knew it, and that the threat to the galaxy now is a new one...

Dra--- and Immortiss like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.