main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

The short answer would be von Sydow aka the ancient fear. Fingers crossed for Marka Ragnos.

This is kinda the problem if the same story is followed with the same people being the good guys. If you defeated the empire and killed the Emperor, who would be a credible threat? Sooner or later the reset button will have to be pressed(everyone you know dying of old age and a group of unrelated people fighting a new evil about as threatening as Jar Jar).

But anyway, I would love to see Ragnos, but from the Movie Universe standpoint, it is not likely. Only two sith are named in the saga that died before the movies. Plagueis and Bane. I'm leaning towards Bane. First, the plagueis novel that was very much endorsed by Lucas revealed that Plagueis was not a legendary figure but someone very contemporary. Furthermore if they are the remnants of Palpies inquisitors, they'd probably be vary of Plagueis. Bane however is awesome, legndary, over a thousand years old, was shown onscreen, and has a story that doesn't need any retconning.

2. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    The Empire won't have survived for 30 years. These Jedi hunters/Sith worshippers, if true and done properly, could be a tremendous bridge to a new Sith enemy. Followers of the Emperor who are called upon when a new Jedi threat emerges (Luke beginning to build a new Jedi order by pulling Force sensitive people out of hiding) could segue nicely into a resurrection of the Sith as put into play by Palpatine sometime before his death.

but no Empire-that would be hokey

As someone said here:

* The Soviet Union broke into smaller states but there was no attempt to bring back the Soviet Union
    * Germany was divided into East and West but no Nazi Germany was reorganized
    * various sects are trying to regain Iraq but nobody is trying to reestablish Saddam's kingdom

However, in the Middle East, there are several anti-Western/anti-Judeo Christian beliefs that truly became powerful after the end of WWII that could be analogous to the dark side of the Force I suppose

Jedi Merkurian and Darth PJ like this.
  3. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014

Tell that to Putin.

4. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

Sure. Ah-hem [clears throat].

Keep dreaming, Putin! :D

5. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Resurrect the Soviet Union? Surely you're Putin me on...

6. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Go back just a teensy bit further in the historical analogies, and I think you’ll find a rationale as to how “the Baddie” could have huge military forces at his or her disposal. The defeat and ravaging of Germany in WWI directly led to the rise of the Third Reich.

Also, recall that the Republic was pretty corrupt before the Empire was established. Imagine how much chaos there could be in the galaxy if all those corrupt elements no longer had giant frikkin’ laser beams or an evil samurai/wizard who can kill them with his mind to worry about. “Joe Sentient” might pine for the good old days when at least the shuttles ran on time.

Democracy died with thundering applause, and tyranny could be welcomed back the same way.

7. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    If they were interested in new ideas then they could have got JJ to make a new series and save 4B$!!

BTW Jango Fett isn't Mandalorian at all he just used the armor and there already is a planet of people who use it.

I don't quite follow your line of thinking on what is original and what isn't. The originality lies not with the images of things or the use of something seen before but how it's used. So the OT had Stormtroopers and people had it in their heads forever that the Clone Wars was a war against clones. In the PT the Clones are the good guys and then bad guys which is something no one saw coming never mind the war being between the Clones and Droids.

LOL! The Trade Federation were never meant to be great bad guys. They were simpletons and dupes from the start. The idea of an army at all is the "unoriginal" one. How about no army at all? The villains are going to be new but still be villains so in the end they will be villainous just like the heroes will be heroic.

8. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Don't we mean the Russian Empire? I doubt Putin has Worker's Councils in my mind when invading neighboring countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Artoo-Dion and Dra--- like this.
  9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    YOU THINK NABOO IS JOKE?

10. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Says who [face_whistling]

Immortiss likes this.
  11. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    I like the idea of "Jedi Hunters" trying to keep the Jedi Order from being rebuilt. I could see them rallying the public against the Jedi, creating mistrust in Luke and Leia because they're the offspring of Anakin Skywalker. They claim to be doing it for the good of the galaxy, but they're really just out to resurrect the Sith and take over again.

12. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    We're on to you Garindan.

[​IMG]

Immortiss and dyous87 like this.
  13. dyous87

dyous87 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2006
    I always imagined he was one of the Emperor's "Sinister Agents". Like a hand of the emperor or inquisitor or something.

I know! Maybe he is the main villain in Episode VII! Just joking all though oddly enough his page on the official Star Wars encyclopedia was recently deleted....hmmm [face_thinking]

14. Darth_Lilapso

Darth_Lilapso Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    As with the destruction of Death Star One - the destruction of Death Star Two helped infuse the Rebel Alliance with further membership and resources (mostly in secret, but some openly). It might even be that by the time of Episode VII the Rebel Alliance is on par with the old defunct CIS of the Clone War era - at least in terms of membership and resources. The Rebel Alliance may be a New Galactic Republic in all, but name. Meanwhile the loss of the Sith Lords (Sidious and Vader) allowed the Imperial Inquisitors to take power of the Galactic Empire. But the Imperial Inquisitors want more than conventional power...they crave what their former Sith Masters had. To do that they hunt the galaxy for Force-enhanced relics. This distraction from hunting would be Jedi Knights allows for Luke Skywalker to establish a network of Jedi training bases. As with Luke's own training this new generation of Jedi Knights are put into service without the formal protocols of the old Jedi Order. It might be that the Rebel Alliance and Galactic Empire are now a match and that the endgame is in sight (or so both sides think). The discovery of the Force powered Mortis Monument 'space station' elevates the galaxy-spanning slugfest onto a higher level of consequence.

Dra--- and dyous87 like this.
  15. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Is that Plagueis?:p

I know you hate me for this, but I like the Garindan post. That's the great stuff.

Indy 11, Dra--- and dyous87 like this.
  16. dyous87

Oct 5, 2006
    It would be hillarious if it was Plagueis lol...

...all joking aside I think it's interesting that Garindan's StarWars.com entry was deleted recently. With rumors of the Jedi Hunters it would be interesting if he was retconned into an old Sith Assassin/Spy/ Inquisitor character.

One question that kind of bothers me is if throughout the Clone Wars and now Rebels period the Sith utilized Inquisitor type characters, why do none of them ever show up in the movies...

Dra--- and Immortiss like this.
  17. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Knowing the end of A NEW HOPE, I'm beginning to wonder where Garindan's loyalty really lied (double entendre).:p

dyous87 likes this.
  18. dyous87

Oct 5, 2006
    He wanted to overthrow the Emperor and Vader and take power for himself ;)

Immortiss likes this.
  19. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    We don't know their number... they could of only ever been one. They may have been wiped out by the events if ROTJ. I think if we are expected to believe there was an army of Sith like warriors during the events of the OT, I think that would be an unbelievable 'WTF?'. I'm sure that's not how it will play out though... I think the role of the inquisitor is just to demonstrate that there was possibly someone else, in Palps service, who survived to pass on the torch of the Sith post ROTJ.

dyous87 and Dra--- like this.
  20. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Because they hadn't been created when they were made?

Dra--- likes this.
  21. dyous87

Oct 5, 2006
    I understand that, I meant more in terms of the storyline...like if they would retcon it by comnig up with an explanation or something....

Dra--- likes this.
  22. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    The retcon could be simple and reasonable -- Sidious and Vader wanted to deal with Luke themselves. There was no need to get any other sinister agents (SA) involved.

The reason SA would become involved after ROTJ is because Sidious and Vader are gone.

plaidphoenix and dyous87 like this.
  23. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    How do you know the Imperial dignitaries that accompanied Palps to DS2 weren't also Inquisitors?

darklordoftech and dyous87 like this.
  24. dyous87

Oct 5, 2006
    That is a good point...if you think about it the OT is a lot more contained overall in that we deal with a smaller group of people. In the PT there are a lot more involved parties and the Clone Wars takes it even further then that. There could have been plenty of Inquisitor type characters in the OT that were around the galaxy doing their thing.

Very good point. :)

Dra--- and Django Fett like this.
  25. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Well, we aren't even sure if they are really related to the Empire or at least Palpie's empire. Most likely, they aren't. I mean, they are trying to resurrect a sith lord that isn't Palpatine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.