main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    one thing i thought would have been awesome is if a sith is in a final battle with a jedi and jedi force ghosts showed up to harass him. the sith would strike through them and wouldn't know what they were. similar to the initial rotj script with ghost obi wan.

dyous87 and Immortiss like this.
  2. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

I only learned of that Force Ghost Obi-Wan getting involved in the duel recently on RFR.

Something like he was going to actually manifest in a physical form.

It is interesting but it does kind of take away from the threat factor to the living if spirits can intervene.

I find the Force Ghosts who can only offer Luke guidance to have a more mystical quality.

3. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    yes but they could still show up and freak someone out. they can't fight, only distract like "real" ghosts.

dyous87 likes this.
  4. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    But LUKE may manifest himself in physical form in the ST.:cool:

dyous87 and Dra--- like this.
  5. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Out of curiousity, why? The source was Jason's over at Making Star Wars and he's beginning to doubt it...and it was his source, I believe. Especially when we consider 'Jedi Hunters' (Inquisitors) and the title A New Dawn. I'm not saying you're wrong, but seems the evidence is against it/you.

I remember a TCW writer Brent Friedman suggested Episode VII will be like the Sun, and all other content will revolve around it and serve as support, filling out the big picture, as TCW did for the PT era. This suggests, to me at least, that REBELS will not be a ST story driver. But I like everyone else, I have no idea.

Was there something I missed that connects the dots for you but not for me? Please let me know, thanks.

6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Agreed. I liked that Lucas decided that the Force Ghosts cannot intervene. And it makes sense that the Dark Side would protect its followers from any interference, anyway. There needs to be some sort of balance of power. Force Ghosts should only be allowed for guidance, but only until the guided hero's quest is completed, though.

dyous87 likes this.
  7. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I believe JB is circa 5 ft 7 inches... so unless he's wearing platforms, the imperials have lifted their height restrictions... ;)

Immortiss likes this.
  8. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Re: stormtroopers. I imagine there are a lot of troopers who quit at some point, so it wouldn't be too surprising to see the idea in Rebels and the ST. In Rebels the character doesn't actually quit, from what I've read, but acts as a spy. The Boyega character, in contrast, might have actually quit being a trooper. So in this one aspect, it might not be an either-or situation, but a both. Details matter.

Also, just because Rebels has an Inquisitor(s) doesn't necessarily mean that the ST doesn't have some kind of Jedi hunter, mercenary, or Inquisitor. That doesn't follow. What follows is that it might mean that. Logical implication only gives us possibility, not probability, and especially not necessity. :)

Immortiss likes this.
  9. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

That seems less magical

10. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Luke's severed hand is the baddie. It has a mind of its own and is out for revenge!

[​IMG]

Jedi Merkurian and dyous87 like this.
  11. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    It's the hand that kidnaps Luke.;)

12. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

So do you think that Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin's spirits should not appear in the ST - since Luke's quest is complete?

Truce at Bakura is my favourite novel and I like the idea of Anakin appearing to Leia to try to make amends.

dyous87 likes this.
  13. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Talk to the Hand.[face_talk_hand]

14. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    deleted redundancy.

Immortiss likes this.
  15. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I don't know that we could handle that.

(Apologies... I'm terrible at bad puns.)

16. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    also everyone seems to be ignoring my point that ghosts could feature as DISTRACTIONS to an enemy NOT an actual physical presence. we should probably shift this to the ghost topic anyway.

Immortiss likes this.
  17. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Get a grip, man. Luke's hand as the baddie is brilliant. I wonder if it will be the hand that kills Han.

18. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    The hand force chokes Han.;)

19. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I understood that and I wasn't referring to only physical interference myself - I meant any kind of intervention from the spirits.

I only mentioned a physical manifestation because I heard it was one idea Lucas' had. ;)

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I would hope that Anakin hashes things out with Leia long before the ST begins.

21. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

It might have a hand in it.

22. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Yes. That would be best done in the post-RotJ adventures.

In regards to Luke, do you believe they should use the Force Ghosts in the ST?

I've heard a few people say they should.

dyous87, Force Smuggler and Immortiss like this.
  23. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
  24. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Lets talk about the Zillo Beast for a minute....

25. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    The only thing I have left to say (repeat) about the hand, is that, if true, the style in which such an event would be presented would be very important. In other words, it's possible to make it seem interesting, but the difficulty seems a bit steep for whatever reward success might offer. That is, I'm not sure it's worth the risk. ;)

IDK why Star Wars fans hate super weapons though. I don't feel as though they are necessarily unoriginal in a world full of them. That is, super weapons are just part of what makes Star Wars Star Wars. Whether we're talking about Death Stars or Star Destroyers. Even the lightsaber is a kind of super weapon. Or the droideka. So no, those don't bother me and I like the idea of destroying a star system with just one blast (destroying multiple worlds instead of one). I think the thing you want to avoid though is destroying the super weapon in too similar of a way as ANH or ROTJ.

If the Empire is involved again, it makes sense that they'd still be interested in a weapon like this. It makes sense as a reoccurring theme in Star Wars.

dyous87, Immortiss and Iron_lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.