main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    My guess based on the concept art is the main villain is an ancient Sith who has managed to keep himself alive via cybernetic enhancements. Driver will play his apprentice.

2. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Or someone who actually has something to do with the story. ......

3. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

What story?

4. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    God I am so sick of the cybernetic use in Star Wars of being more machine then man that has been done with Vader Grievous and Maul, why not something else something more philosophical like cheating death but it coming with a terrible price?

5. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    The one told by the films that many seem to want to ignore or dont realy understand. (Thats not aimed at you.) I do believe that thete will be a secondary villain who will bring the big bad back into play, but I dont think it will be someone we never heard of.

6. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

I chose Ruin because he is the oldest confirmed sith in the new canon, which makes him quite relevant. But I'd be more than happy to have them resurrect Bane instead. Especially if he retains his connection to Revan.

Dra--- likes this.
  7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I think LunarMoth had Plagueis in mind (on the basis that Plagueis was mentioned in the movies). And as awesome as Revan is, Bane's connection to Revan should burn in the deepest depths of hell. The connection undermines Bane.

8. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    God I do hope Revan does become cannon in the new EU though, he is such a fascinating character.

9. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Yeah, I freakin love him. I know that Bane is less awesome if it was actually Revan who came up with the rule of two, but it is neat, when all my favorite star wars stories are heavily interconnected. Like how Bane is responsible for Kyle Katarn becomming such a huge badass. True, Bane was never named in the movies, but he did show up in TCW and he was named both in the TPM visual dictionary and the official novelization. He is among the most important sith lords, and I still think that we will have an ancient threat. Plagueis is far too recent.

10. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    Depends on what the canon says about when he lived and died to be honest if the Emperor supposedly killed him years and years before TPM then he could be ancient seeing as how TPM is over 60 years before Episode 7.

11. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

well for me ancient is at least a thousand, but even better if older. Think about it. A thousand years before now, was the beginning of the early middle ages. When we say ancient, we usually talk about stuff before that. Now, very little is canon at this point about Baneite Sith. It CAN be that Plagueis was trained directly by him, but I doubt it. It is still canon that Bane lived about thousand years before the clone wars.

darklordoftech likes this.
  12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    This, plus "ancient" should be measured by years before TPM, not by years before VII. Also, if Plagueis was Bane's apprentice, what would that imply about Palpatine's age?

13. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

NOthing. Plagueis's species isn't canon. Yoda lived for 900 years. Maybe Bane reinvented the sith cause Yoda always stole his lunch money. If Plag was a frog like Yoda he could have trained someone with an average human lifespan. Anyway, go Bane, go.

14. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014

I like Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus. Both cheated death in their own way and became twisted abominations of life. Be cool if they were made canon. Too bad they were characters in a crappy sequel to a great game.

darklordoftech likes this.
  15. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    I think something like that could work when it comes to cheating death but at a terrible price.

darklordoftech and Rabs like this.
  16. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Funny thing is, Kotor 2 was a lot more mysterious and philosophical. It works better with the believed theme of the ST. Not the mention that even revan himself was better in it. Sure we coulsn't kick ass with him, but it was great to see him as quasi mystical character. Everyone and their grandmother had a different idea what happened to him and why he did what he did. As for Sion and Nihilus, well neither are your typical sith lords. And that's before we get to Kreia. Good lord. As a game I prefer Kotor I since it isn't broken. BUt I would rather draw from II for inspiration. A Sith like Visas perhaps? Nar Shaddaa? And the stellar portrayal of droids.

Redimet, Rabs and darklordoftech like this.
  17. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014

KOTOR II would've been great if it had been fully realized and finished. Felt like I was beta testing while playing.

darklordoftech and Darth_Corvus like this.
  18. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    Well there is a new rumor that we are going to delve deeper into the mystery of the force which I really want in the main saga.

19. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    IndieRevolver, Latino Review, and Devin Faraci at Badass Digest all posit that this is the look of the new villain. Billy Donnelly at This Is Infamous (and poorly written) says that it was indeed real concept art, but that they moved on from the idea of this being the main villain. IR and LR both state that this character is an Inquisitor. Devin doesn't contradict that, but says the name hasn't been used on the set as far as he knows.

[​IMG]

Immortiss likes this.
  20. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    Which is a pretty obvious statement on Donnelly's part. Pretty much all of us who were fine with this concept tried to explain that it's likely evolved since then and wont even look half like this in the finished product.

thejeditraitor, TK327 and Dra--- like this.
  21. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    I still question whether the approach to the ST is to write in villains in an earlier time period just to have to answer questions about why they were not seen or heard of in the existing films. I don't think this fits GL's MO, nor do I buy that his treatments were tossed out the window. Star Wars has an existing narrative that is pretty simple despite the way the Saga has transformed with the addition of the PT.

Prior to 1999, the OT was Star Wars. It gave us the story of Luke Skywalkers journey of discovery and struggle to redeem his father.

When you introduce the PT films to the Saga, the overall narrative transforms into the "rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin Skywalker", a broadening of the OT's narrative that made Anakin the more central character to the story as opposed to just the villain.

The addition of the ST will certainly further broaden the narrative to "The Importance of the Skywalkers to the Galaxy".

The Skywalkers start with Darth Plagueis. Be it by direct manipulation or reaction by the Force itself, the Skywalkers exist because of his dealings. (I don't mean the name, but the importance)

Palpatine was interested in Anakin because he was a Skywalker. (He knew his origins, you get my drift.....)

Palpatine was interested in Luke because he was a Skywalker.

So lets look at the existing films in this light.....

Anakin is the chosen one, but he is reckless, stubborn, and selfish. All things that don't bode well for the guy who is supposed to save the galaxy, right? Yet in his actions, he did more than just fulfill the prophecy and restore balance to the Force. He also left behind a legacy and insurance policy in his offspring. A bloodline that would ensure balance going forward. This doesn't mean there would never again be a disturbance, but rather that they would be there in the event to stop it.

Now we come to the ST, and what remains from the existing story is the Skywalker bloodline who carries the burden of balance, and one responsible for their very existence who quite possibly has discovered an un-natural ability to return from death.

Not only do the Skywalkers start with Plagueis, but the story being told in the films also starts with Plagueis.

There is a huge difference between canon material being relevant to Star Wars the entity and being relevant to this film saga. Canon characters like Darth Bane for example are canon, and relevant to Star Wars the entity, yet are no more relevant to this film Saga than say, George Washington is relevant to the Gulf War.

I'm not saying that Bane, or someone else, cant be written in to this saga, but rather showing why I don't believe this is the direction they are going. Bane counts, sure. And I'm sure there are many cool stories to be told about him in other canon material.

Redimet, Immortiss, Rabs and 3 others like this.
  22. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Oh that one... Thanks Dra... But it's only rumoured concept art right? I'd assume if it were legit concept art we'd be getting C&D's by now...

I know likes this.
  23. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Darth PJ:

I don't know. Yeah, only rumored, but rumored by multiple sites, including one that claims the concept was dropped. So there seems to be something concrete there, but who knows for sure? Not us! ;)

Maybe no need for a C&D if the concept has been changed or cut?

Also, many think JJ is responding with silence to leaks. If they were to come down on someone for their rumor, it would indicate that it was true.

Hard to say. I tend to believe things for the moment when multiple sources seem to back each other up. But I'm always ready to move on to the next possibility...

EDIT: Now Drew McWeeney from Hitflix is saying these "Inquisitors" are really Sith. Or at least one Sith whose responsibility it was to keep the Order alive.

I've always thought that if I were writing it, there would be special members of the Sith whose job it was to curate Sith knowledge.

LunarMoth

EDIT EDIT: As far as who is the most relevant Sith Lord to the Saga at this point, the recent rumor that Lucas wanted to return to the beginning to explain the origin of Sith evil suggests the first Sith is the most relevant, Darth Ruin. Not Plagueis.

24. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    If the Jedi have a Librarian/Archivist, it's not that great a leap to see the Sith having someone in a similar position even if they aren't an actual full fledged Sith.

25. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Exactly.

To believe otherwise is to believe the Sith have no servants or infrastructure. That's not what the movies suggest. We see secret lairs and servants following Sidious around, even Mas Amedda and the funny hat crew. Maybe one of them is the Sith Curator?

Immortiss and plaidphoenix like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.