main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    The Hellhammer makes sense good point. We just get a lot of robotic bad guys LOL

Redimet and The Hellhammer like this.
  2. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    With the way this week as gone at work I'm pretty sure my boss is a half robot bad guy.

TK327, Redimet and The Hellhammer like this.
  3. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    agreed

4. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Me too, but I AM my boss.

5. Colossus of Rhodes

Colossus of Rhodes Jedi Padawan star 1

May 5, 2014
    Ref: "Jedi hunters"

One thing I would love to see in SW, as a side-kick baddie so to speak, is a Imperial Pretorian Guard. Elite unit, equipped cooler then regular Stormtroopers, perhaps all in black, and most importantly under direct command of the Emperor (they do not take orders from generals or their Chief of staff). It could go down something like this: After cowardly assassination of our bellowed Emperor, new Emperor was appointed and one of his first executive orders was the formation of Imperial Pretorian Guard. As Jedis were most likely implicated in Emperor's death, their first task is to locate and terminate those Jedis - hence the name "Jedi Hunters" (and to protect future Emperors from assassination attempts).
    Personally, I would not like to see some combat unit/cult with _exclusive_ mission to hunt for Jedis, especially if formed before the ending of RoJ.

LunarMoth likes this.
  6. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

And it is boring, yes. I hope they abandon the design. Creepy need not be ugly, or cybernetic:
    Case in point:
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ascian

I know I could have just linked Darth NIhilus, but whatever

7. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    If James Cameron hadn't done it so well in Terminator, I'd be more in favor of seeing actual cyborgs in Star Wars.
    [​IMG]

8. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    Or if Vader and Grievous weren't cyborgs.

9. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

How funny that you show a Terminator who wasn't in any of James Cameron's Terminator films :p

You still rock, Summer.

I reckon we should see a Dark Sider that looks THIS mysterious:

[​IMG]

Redimet, Force Smuggler and Immortiss like this.
  10. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    Well I linked Lahabrea, but yes, the general idea is this. Nazgul look neither ugly nor cybernetic, but they are mysterious and creepy. A much better look.

Immortiss likes this.
  11. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012

While I don't want a carbon copy of LOTRs, I think this is a great approach. We have the Master & Apprentice, rule of two, system. But behind the scenes are religious servants. Almost mythic beings, lifeless, decaying and living far too long off the Dark Side. They may or may not be soldiers or fighters, but they carry about the needs of the Sith Order. Now that the Master and Apprentice line has been destroyed they come out of the shadows to hunt down remaining Jedi and restore their Order.

12. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    Sounds good. I'm in.

13. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Lord Vader has 9 letters, Mon Mothma has 9 letters.

The baddie of Ep 7,8 and 9 is in fact Mon Mothma. She will stage a coup and hand over the galaxy to the Bothans.

14. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Her Bothan lover, who she thought died bringing her the plans to the second Death Star, was in fact a secret apprentice of Sidious.

15. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012

[​IMG]

Krueger and Lord D'arg like this.
  16. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    WOW... This idea makes me =P~

Where's Timothy Zahn to write a novel about this?

Redimet likes this.
  17. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Wait, 9 letters. The ST has 3 Episodes. 9 divided by 3 is 3. Half Life 3 confirmed.

quote="Import_Jedi, post: 51766041, member: 461875"]
    WOW... This idea makes me =P~

Where's Timothy Zahn to write a novel about this?[/quote]

Or Karpyshyn. Or Golden.

Lord D'arg likes this.
  18. DidIAskWhatWasCanon

DidIAskWhatWasCanon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2014
    That's the only eye-catching argument for Plagueis being the villain that I've yet heard (at least I *think* it's what you're saying) but I'm still not convinced. How many times has Lucas told us in interviews that "Star Wars" is the story of society's cycles? You begin with a democracy; something goes wrong with that democracy (or it's perceived as such) and someone tries to fix the problem by turning it into a dictatorship. Then the dictatorship doesn't work so back to democracy we go. And it all starts over again. The sequel trilogy must be seen in terms of this model. The bad guy is presumably some contemporary figure with political motives. Nobody from long ago. Most likely a brand new character we've never heard of.

19. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I love a lot of what Drew McWheeny wrote about Episode VII. Can anyone see Han commanding a contingent of the updated Stormtroopers? I think that's brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Noooo Karpyshan! Karpyshan ruined Darth Bane! Bane's supposed to be a survivor of Sith infighting who created the Rule of Two to save the Sith, not someone who killed the other Sith because they "weren't true Sith".

21. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    The interesting thing here is that Star Wars has the duality of the public/political story as well as the personal story. In the existing films Palpatine is the antagonist for both. With him gone, we could see a separation of antaginists here. A political antagonist fighting for political power, and a personal antagonist who seeks personal gain and power.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Plagueis as the personal villain and a brand new entity on the political front. Completely separate from each other.

Rabs likes this.
  22. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    It just hit me that this thread is almost two damn years old. :eek: How time flies!

That is all.

23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I have to say, thank god for the Inquisitor leaks! Two years of anxiety over the ST villain was really damaging the fun of being a Star Wars fan!

24. DidIAskWhatWasCanon

DidIAskWhatWasCanon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2014
    You've got me thinking I would like to see two main antagonists going up against each other. Fiercely. There isn't nearly enough good vs. good or evil vs. evil in popular, easy-to-locate fiction.

25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    This brings me to something that has never made sense to me about the concept of a Sith order. If everyone wants to kill each other and be the ruler, why are they part of the same organization?

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.