main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    They did: They are being entirely imaginative in attempting to make me believe that Sidious is back and Ian McDiarmid is, somehow, not playing him. That's unbelievably original. Unbelievably.

2. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    RUMORS!! UNNLLIIMITTED RUMORS!! (insert palp pic here)

Krueger likes this.
  3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
  4. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    He's playing Palpatine's twin brother Larry.

Hello, my name is Larry, Larry Palpatine.

5. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Yeah, I gave up on Dark Horse years ago. I'm glad the rights are going back to Marvel - they had a lot less freedom the first time but the stories were so much better - they went a little overboard on bounty hunters using Carbonite but it was good times.:)

6. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    If this rumor is true (big if), then Star Wars is, as Obi-Wan put it, lost. This is nothing more than pandering of the worst degree. This really is nothing more than OT/EU **** fest. My only hope is, despite Jason Ward's protests to the contrary, that rumor and fan sites are just being fed BS by alleged "insiders" who are just lifting ideas from past comic book EU and passing it off as fact.

But I'm not so sure, somehow I knew in his 70s nostalgia obsession that JJ would just fall back on OT and rehash/recycle anything he could.... originality and creativity be damned.

Yancy

*Gotta star out the whole word

Darth_Bertie and JEDI-RISING like this.
  7. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    Yep. And IF the Emperor is in E7 the rumor that Ian Mcdiarmid isn't playing him doesn't seem right. He IS the Emperor.

8. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    The ONLY, and I mean ONLY way this works is if the Emperor reveals himself this way:

PEASANT: Look! The dead Emperor!

CONCORDE: He's not quite dead!

EMPEROR: Oh, I feel much better.

KING OF SWAMP CASTLE: You fell down the Death Star reactor shaft, you creep!

EMPEROR: No, I was saved at the last minute.

KING OF SWAMP CASTLE: How?!

EMPEROR: Well, I'll tell you...
    [music]

KING OF SWAMP CASTLE: Not like that! Not like that! No, stop it!

SINGING PEASANTS: He's going to tell! He's going to tell!

KING OF SWAMP CASTLE: Shut up!

SINGING PEASANTS: He's going to tell! He's going to tell!
    He's going to tell! He's going to tell!

Arawn_Fenn and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  9. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    This report is odd. The author frames Sidious as the big bad of the trilogy. Then he tells us that his source is "100%" Sidious will be in VII and VIII. To me that seems like a weird set of knowledge to have. If you know Sidious is the big bad of the trilogy, why are you only certain he is in the first two movies? (I guess it could be because VII and VIII are both actively in the works, but I don't find that to be a totally sufficient explanation)

I hate almost everything about this rumor, but the one thing that gets me interested is the vague possibility of Sidious being exterminated in VIII. Taking out the big bad in the second act would be surprising, and it would also signal a belief that whatever other conflict they are planning can carry the final act without the most recognizable antagonist.

10. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]
    ''COULD THIS BE THE EMPEROR ? - Latino Review
    -It feels that they are really grasping for straws but speculating that he is the emperor
    +But on the other hand if this rumor is true, cybergenetics is the only way i can see them recasting him.

11. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    This makes me think of the horror trope where, near the end of the film, you think the baddie is dead, but he unexpectedly revives.

Very skeptical too. But it does set up a possibility for Luke to face off with the Emperor directly. In RotJ Luke saves the day by bringing dad back from the dark side. Might they have considered the possibility of a final, direct confrontation between Luke and Palps?

Darth Malgus likes this.
  12. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Star Wars Episode VII: Freddy vs Jason vs Palpatine

Hoggsquattle and TK327 like this.
  13. ifleninwasawizard

Jun 2, 2014
    Hello, my name is Luke Skywalker. You killed my father. Prepare to die... again.

14. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Maybe he'll offer to duel left handed. Oh wait, maybe he won't have a choice.

Seriously though, LR seems to have taken a shot gun approach. I think they've put forward pretty much every possibility there is based on existing material (Mandos, Sith Witches, Inquisitors, Sidious). Is Maul next?

15. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014
    so a duel between an older Luke Skywalker at the end of the second movie, against some sort of cybor/clone is finally giving us Luke Skywalker vs Palpatine?
    I dunno, that ship has sailed, if they are attempting that, it seems like... i just don't know, i really don't know

I honestly think these sources are getting stuff from the story group and putting this in as ep 7 - but most likely they are parts of many other things, Rebels, new EU stories, perhaps a future spin off movies or series in between 6 and 7... comics, etc. I think Devin himself or maybe the making of star wars guy who said, that the story group is working on a whole bunch of things

I think they're being fed things, but i think it's from all over the future star wars universe, not from episode 7

16. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I have an ***Exclusive*** here guys! Chewbacca is going to get killed by being squashed by a moon.

Hoggsquattle, Gallandro and nalkwan like this.
  17. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Regardless of what I think about it as a plot point, having the Emperor in the film but not played by McDiarmid would be a bummer.

Not even as a voice over? C'mon...That wouldn't pass the smell test, to me.

nalkwan and darklordoftech like this.
  18. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014

[face_not_talking]

19. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    So far, the rumour mill is turning out to be the main villain for Episode VII

20. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    It happened in the EU so it must be true.

Jedi Merkurian and Rabs like this.
  21. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    I recoiled at the notion but lets remember luke falling down a shaft in bespin...its not too much different. If this is true, however he came to be, a combo of Sidious in Vaderish Cyber Armor with an electric voice box (hence no voice over) sounds cliche but its a villian that would be hard to top. Its almost like those old serials where the bad guy wont just DIE. It almost feels like it could go that route. Its a lot easier than building an all new backstory of a sith lord unless we watch one become born/begin as a sith lord on screen and his journey to mastering the craft ala mirroring lukes journey in ANH.

Im almost hoping we dont know until decemnber 15th...i just hope they get it right.

22. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014
    Perhaps in the star wars universe the new law of death is, if you fall down a shaft, he may not be dead, and only actually seeing the death on screen, and not falling down a shaft means they're dead.

Guess ol' Mace might as well be alive too... i mean that guy's the easier to makes sense of then Palps and Maul

Is it possible that the info they got is that Palpatine will be in Rebels, and that's why it's not Ian, it's another actor doing the voice? i'm really thinking these guys are getting info about starwars and lumping them in with ep 7 instead of figuring out which property they really belong with

I know likes this.
  23. ifleninwasawizard

Jun 2, 2014
    I can't decide what would be worse, Abrams not offering Ian the part at all or Ian turning the offer down.

24. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Agreed. Though Ian has made it pretty clear in the past that he would be happy to return to SW...another reason I'm not sure I buy this one.

25. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014
    i think i'm feeling over whelmed with bad rumors... i'm starting to just give in and assume this movie is gonna be a big stinking turd...

LunarMoth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.