main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Also....since we got JJ we might get the people who did the makeup on Star Trek 2009 so having a practical Plagueis might not be such a stretch . Hell they won an oscar. OSCAR. I mean if they can do this
    [​IMG]
    they can do Plagueis

2. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012

Lemme know when "special effects and prosthetics" can make an actor look like this:

[​IMG]

"Lazy" is a bizarre term to use to describe something that takes more education, effort, and time than the alternative.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  3. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Not arguing the actual character placement of Grevious, but as far as CGI work, that was perhaps ILM's crowning achievment IMO. Better than Yoda. That was also 8-9 years ago too.

Revenge of the Dak likes this.
  4. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012
    Agreed that GG looked good as a character/ baddie. I'm just po'd he wasn't brought in sooner! Gimme a little back story besides TCW movie. Also, how could he kill Jedi again...oh yea spinning really fast. Force levitate/choke until subdued... oops!

Any who, I just need a good consistent baddie with equal or greater power and I'm fine. ;)

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The TCW film didn't go into his backstory; it barely even showed him.

6. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012
    Sorry, you're right. I should have said, the first time "we" saw him was in the travanzysky (sp obvi) movie/special that they worked into leading up to ROTS. Is that better?

While I liked the toon...I just wish I could seen a little more "back story"

7. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    The only sources I'm familiar with that went into his backstory are Labyrinth of Evil and the TCW episode Lair of Grievous. ( There's also Unknown Soldier: The Story of General Grievous, but I'm not familiar with that one. :p )

8. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    It's 2013 guys. It'll be 2015 or later when this flick comes out. Not to mention this thing will be bolstered by a huge Disney budget. "Oh no they might have to use CGI on the villain" is just not a valid complaint anymore. A fear yes, but an irrational one too. A CGI'd Plageuis would look fine. And an actual actor with Hollywood makeup would probably play the part while the special effects crew touches up on the face (like Voldemort). It wouldn't just be a 100% CGI character like Yoda.

lbr789 likes this.
  9. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Please...opening the door to Plagueis also opening the door back up to the virgin birth is the least of their worries as far as the general audience's minds. We quickly forget this is the same general audience whom after watching TPM still thought the boy was Luke as a kid...probably the same general audience who after seeing Batman Begins still asked questions in terms of it being a prequel to Burton's Batman like "What's up with the guy who shot Bruce's parents getting killed by the mob? Batman already shows that Jack Nicholson did it."

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    He's dead Jim

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  11. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    DELETED

used the wrong lyrics so it wasn't funny

12. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I beg to differ.....

I would say that the general audience, or at very least many, know him as the subject of a BS story told to Anakin used to manipulate "The Chosen One" that seemed to have more to it than was revealed by Palpatine.

13. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Yep, same general audience. Good times.

darklordoftech likes this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Sifo-Dyas ordered the clone army. Sifo-Dyas is Darth Plageuis. Which makes him the bad guy in Episode 7, ahhhhh! With his own personal clone army he's been growing on the side for over half a century, double ahhhhh!!

15. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd rather he stay dead.

16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Is redeemed Plagueis a possibility?

17. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    When you watch that scene, Palpatine is relishing the memory of killing his master, it's part of what makes it so powerful.

18. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Plagueis surviving doesn't change that at all. Sidious is allowed to be wrong.

19. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    It's a matter of opinion, to me it would cheapen it, and for no good reason.

20. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Fair enough. Wouldn't bother me one bit personally.

Super_Battle_Droid and Rawne like this.
  21. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    If we're going with Plagueis due to his connection to Anakin and Luke it makes me wonder...what will his connection to the new hero be? Just saying their only connection is that Plagueis may be this kids great-grand father might not be enough. Now I kinda got an idea for how Plagueis and the new hero can be connected quite directly but it might be a little too dark for a Star wars film *it mostly deals with Plagueis' ability to ressurect people*. I just think if we're doing villains with personal connections to the heroes we have to go a bit deeper *brrrrrrrrm*

22. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    I guess I am just puzzled as to why people think there needs to be this grand connection between the villain and the hero. This certainly isn't a requirement for all good stories about good and evil. Why should that be a rule now?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Its all Luke and Vaders fault. I guess its kind of become a standard to have Star Wars main villains have some sort of deeper connection outside of "Hey I just met you...and this is crazy...but I'm a sith lord....so join me maybe?" :p

Jedi Merkurian , lbr789 and Fleab88 like this.
  24. Orochi Oni

Orochi Oni Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 8, 2013
    I hope he doesn't show up.

Palpatine seems like the kind of guy who would make sure the job was done right if he was going to kill someone.

25. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Yep, it's hacky to bring him back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.