main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    The Band of the Hand

2. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    At the same time, if you look at the OT without the PT having been made, there was really nowhere to go. Star Wars would have become Planet of the Apes if the PT was never made and they continued with sequels instead. For those of you who are not familiar with the history of the Planet of the Apes films, the first one was the film version of a single book, not a series. It's success made the studio basically demand sequel after sequel, but there was nowhere to go with the story, which is why the films get worse and worse. The writers even tried to write endings that would make it impossible to do another, but the studio still wanted more. They wound up making up stuff to connect to the other films and basically ruined the whole story.

3. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    It really makes a lot of sense. The OT story is perfectly closed with ROTJ. If they make a ST is because they want to relaunch Star Wars and the best way to do it is by making a sequel to the original movies, using the old actors as a way to attrack the old fans to the theatres agains. I do think it could ruin the saga if they continue with the story of the Skywalkers with another trilogy after Episode IX.

That´s why I believe they should go for the spin-off thing after the ST and maybe try a different era. But, even with that, there will come a time when the most feared word of every Star Wars fan will come to stay: Remake.

Darth Raiden and LunarMoth like this.
  4. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Watching the end of ROTJ is actually quite bittersweet knowing that it probably doesn't all end quite so happily after all.

Darth_Bertie and plaidphoenix like this.
  5. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Which why, storywise, I think the ST is not needed at all. At least as close to Episode VI in the timeline.

Darth Raiden and darklordoftech like this.
  6. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Well, it wasn't needed. But I'm damn glad it's happening.

Immortiss likes this.
  7. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Do you mean you won't be watching it?

8. DidIAskWhatWasCanon

DidIAskWhatWasCanon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2014
    You sound a little bit (not entirely) like you're describing "Friday the 13th". As much smack as a lot of people talk about the prequels surely they can at least admit those films saved us from *this* fate.

(Actually the interesting thing is that the ending of the original "Friday" appears to be implying a possible sequel, all right--but one having nothing to do with Jason. It seems that Alice was beginning to go mad and become more violent, so that she would be the killer in the next film. Weird angle they took there, focusing on the dead kid at the bottom of the lake instead, whose sole functions were backstory and motivation.)

Satipo, I think we all knew in our hearts that it would be awfully convenient if all of the galaxy's problems just went up in a poof of smoke because one tyrant died. In our own galaxy that kind of thing can sometimes cause more problems than it solves. Palpatine probably has a successor somewhere, hereditary or not, and if he doesn't then that's even worse because you can hardly expect everyone to just sit down and agree with each other amicably over who's in charge next.

9. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    Really good point and an untapped area of the Star Wars Universe. Who was next in line to take over when the Emperor fell? I'm guessing he didn't even give it a second thought; but they must of had a backup plan, no?

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Meh sith are arrogant. Perhaps they didn't have a Plan B?

11. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    That's what I'm guessing. But, what about the rest of them?

12. DidIAskWhatWasCanon

DidIAskWhatWasCanon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2014
    He was old and apparently determined that no one know he was a Sith. It wouldn't be good for either public relations or his relationship with the people directly working for him if he didn't have some kind of will or something. Besides, the main problem is how the galaxy will adapt to the new power vacuum. Those celebrations we see must last a few days tops. After that it's...

http://fogsmoviereviews.files.wordp...te_ending_shot_elaine_and_benjamin_on_bus.png

13. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Emperor von Sydow, methinks.

Not that believe Palpatine had actually named a successor (I believe that Sidious had planned to rule indefinitely).

But I'm leaning more and more towards von Sydow's character as the man who eventually succeeded Palpatine to the Imperial throne.

Whether this caused a fundamental fracture in what was left of the Empire following Endor, I couldn't say. But it wouldn't surprise me.

Iron_lord and I know like this.
  14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, I kept that in mind the last time I watched ROTJ. That knowledge makes for an interestingly different experience.

hippie1kenobi, I know and Satipo like this.
  15. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    It really does. And not in a bad way either necessarily. I quite like it.

16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm still fond of the idea of a Force-user who follows the Imperial ideology.

KitsterAKABobaFett likes this.
  17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I pretend ROTJ never happened.

18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Poor Han is forever frozen in carbonite in your canon. And Vader never gets a chance to turn good again, save his son, and kill Palpatine.

plaidphoenix likes this.
  19. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    It'll be like the ending of The Phantom Menace and A New Hope.

Darth Raiden and Satipo like this.
  20. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    Yes, in my canon, Luke is killed by the Rancor, Han remains frozen in carbonite while Lando is killed by Jabba and Leia remains his slave. Meanwhile, Darth Vader takes Mara Jade as his secret apprentice before she betrays him, murders Palpatine and declares herself Empress. :D

21. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    You have a messed up canon. :p

plaidphoenix likes this.
  22. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    You all bring up a good point and I agree with the post about Star Wars being Planet of the Apes. The sequels to POTA failed because it was the same story over and over and yes Star Wars could suffer the same fate if they just "make movies after the OT". The prequels give us an out and the ability to tie up the story beautifully, and that is the tragedy of Darth Plagueis, or is it not so tragic? At the same time they have an opportunity by making the saga one big cohesive story, to make the prequel trilogy BETTER by tying up loose ends.

At the end of the day the best way to tie up the saga in greatness would be the final destruction of the Sith with the sacrifice of the entire Skywalker bloodline. Plagueis is the creator of the bloodline, the bloodline takes out the creator and dies in the process thus ridding the galaxy of Sith for good. It could be very emotional and powerful. Gives me the jitters just thinking about it.

Immortiss and LunarMoth like this.
  23. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    I know, but it worked in Star Trek: Enterprise. :D

24. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I say they should make the main villain Darth Plagueis the Wisecracking. He just sits on the fringes of conversations and events and constantly just annoys the **** out of everyone with his dumb jokes and remarks.

Rabs, hippie1kenobi, TK327 and 4 others like this.
  25. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    [​IMG]

The Lukinator, fighting the Sith with his Jedi lightsaber.

Dra--- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.