main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Interesting. Link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redimet and Dra--- like this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Here you go: http://www.latino-review.com/news/star-wars-ruin-ruins-and-ruining

3. AkshayTheJedi

AkshayTheJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2013
    I second this!

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I like where your going with this idea. Maybe Ruin started the Sith order that eventually saw Sidious take full control of the galaxy and this whole time since the Ruin and Plagueis split, Plagueis has been somewhere cheating death and learning everything he can about the dark side. This could play into the rumor that supposedly we will see a terrifying character. Maybe Plagueis is that character completely twisted by the dark side that his appearance alone is enough to make you tremble.

5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I really like the various rumors about Lucas being interested in returning to the origin of the Sith and getting to the essence of things, namely, where evil comes from vis-a-vis the Force.

And I like Darth Ruin as a way of getting there. [face_devil]

6. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Plagueis needs to stay dead. Can't people be dead anymore. There's a whole universe out there and everyone wants to recycle the same characters over & over.

7. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    It isn't exactly recycling if we've never seen the character on-screen. To bring back Palpatine, Vader, Tarkin or anyone we actually saw die, it would be a valid argument. But all we have about Plagueis is his being mentioned in one scene in AOTC. For various reasons you can choose to either take Palpatine at his word or choose not to with regards to Plagueis being dead.

Deja Vu anyone?

8. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Actually, "Play-Guess" was the story Palpatine used in Revenge of the Sith to seduce Ana-kin to the quicker, more seductive Dark Side.;)

Re: The Latino Review Rumor....I like what I hear, however unreliable. The writers need to, pardon the term, expand the story, buy grounding it in the past. Moving forward by giving greater context, i.e., historical emphasis and exposition. Background has been the hallmark by which the story has moved forward to date. Exploring the role of the Sith in relation to the Jedi and the Republic in greater historical context and detail is the most practical, feasible and fascinating angle proffered by the saga to date. The metaphysics of Star Wars. Let's learn and discover the answers to the many potential questions yet unresolved in the Saga. I like that Plagueis is part of a much larger problem for the Skywalkers. The name Darth Ruin(s) is highly suggestive of the past. I love that!

9. AkshayTheJedi

Mar 12, 2013
    Hallelujah! To be honest as long as it makes sense it's all cool with me. I wouldn't mind them grounding in the past. i think it's required for many mainstream viewers who have no clue about the EU or any other form of Star Wars media. Of course the fans are important too therefore as I said earlier... it should all make sense.

Immortiss likes this.
  10. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    I think another reason why we need an ancient sith like Plagueis or Ruin is because they can have something seductive that one of our characters wants, they can live long lives and cheat death, then someone could say look at that sith they can cheat death I want that knowledge and power!

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes, but will they live long and prosper?

12. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    They will die young, in a debtors prison.

13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Well that's utterly depressing.

14. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    For the philosophy of the Sith demand that the wants and needs of the one or the few outweigh the needs of the many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plaidphoenix likes this.
  15. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
  16. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    It all kinda sounds like this.

In the OT, the bad guys were the Empire led by the Sith. The good guys were the rebels with hopes of bringing back the Jedi.

In the ST, the good guys will be the new "Empire" in the form of a new government (the Republic) led by Jedi or those affiliated with the Jedi. The Rebels will be the remnants of the Empire hoping to bring back the Sith.

They seem to be role reversing the OT and making things a little gray.

17. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

Good observation. Seeing as how Abrams reversed the plot of Wrath of Khan for Star Trek Into Darkness, this sounds plausible.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  18. Darth Cornish

Darth Cornish Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 7, 2000
    I'm still pretty sure we haven't seen the last of Palps. As I mentioned way back in this thread...

Page 24 of the Making of ESB - on the development of the Emperor - quote:
    'In the end the Emperor does exactly what Ben did; he can also transform himself. As Ben becomes the personification of the good side of the force, the Emperor is the bad'.

I imagine they might save that reveal for eps 8 or 9 (hence no Ian McD in Ep 7), but have his force ghost in the background pulling the strings as usual. Then part of the big finale in ep 9 will be destroying his force ghost somehow..?

Dra--- and darklordoftech like this.
  19. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    I don't think this is the case at all. I think both the Jedi and the true Sith are separate from both the Alliance and the Empire.

20. AkshayTheJedi

Mar 12, 2013
    Why do I get a feeling that it will be a bunch of teenagers following instructions from a damn Holocron of Palps!

Sent from The Millennium Falcon

21. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

You like Twilight vampires or that ilk?

22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Emo teenage sith FTW

23. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

It would be in in line with the previous movies - the good guys can't be cutting down masses of living people, that is why the bad guys are battle droids and masked stormtroopers, like Nazis in Indiana Jones.

People are cool with with those being killed, they'll be cool with teenage emos getting cut down by the dozens.

;)

24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Man I'm severely disturbed right now.

25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Nooooo holocron-taught Sith! Holocron-taught Sith are the worst thing that the ST could possibly do! If there are holocron-taught Sith, I will walk out of theater, throw out all my Star Wars stuff, and cease to be a Star Wars fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.