main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

You'll become Simon Pegg???

Don't worry - iy won't happen, that is why I just focused on the teen emo Twilight aspect ;)

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  2. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    The idea of the sith achieving a spiritual afterlife was pretty much debunked in Clone Wars. So why keep going there?

3. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

And stated clearly by Lucas and Pablo Hidalgo that it won't happen

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  4. AkshayTheJedi

AkshayTheJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2013
    No I hate them which is why I'm hoping it's not like that even 1%

Sent from The Millennium Falcon

5. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Hate leads to anger. Yadda, Yadda, Yadda ;)

AkshayTheJedi likes this.
  6. AkshayTheJedi

AkshayTheJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2013
    Haha! I think in this case hate is permitted? Maybe?

Sent from The Millennium Falcon

7. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Jedi Master Justin Bieber.

darklordoftech and Darth Malgus like this.
  8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Justin Bieber is going to exploit the ST publicity for himself. You'll see

*sharpens arrows*

9. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    I thought we already got that with Darth Vader in Episode III? ;)

EDIT: My mistake. Apparently Anakin was ~23 years old in ROTS, so not a teenager... :p

DanielUK likes this.
  10. pixbit

pixbit Jedi Knight

Sep 2, 2014
    First Post ! I'd love to see the "Legacy of the Force" Serie in some form in the new movies... I expect Jacen Solo....

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Just watch the PT and interchange characters. No real difference.

darklordoftech likes this.
  12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    When we combine the rumors with what we know from I-VI:

- An ancestor of Palpatine (Ruin) founded the Sith
    - Palpatine is from Naboo
    - Palpatine is a Sith
    - The Naboo "royalty" heavily uses the color red.
    - Sith have red lightsabers.

Does this mean that:

- Ruin is from Naboo
    - Naboo and Sith lightsabers both using the color red isn't a coincidence

13. Darth Drangus

Darth Drangus Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2014
    My theory: The baddies will be completely new with a connection to the Sith/Dark Side but no connection to Palpatine/Vader/etc. Darth Ruin... Disney has this huge group of people working on the project trying to make everything fit and make sense while at the same time bring in new fans as well as win back those that laughed off the prequels. Palpatine ghosts/more Naboo/"Darth Ruin" sounds like BS to me.

I hope that the new villains are a third force in the galaxy in that they are not directly connected Empire/Republic, but they pose such a great threat to both sides of the conflict that it causes the audience to rethink what we always assumed to be the "good guys vs. bad guys." If Boyega is going to be introduced as a Stormtrooper with a heart of gold who switches sides, maybe this is a clue that the series is going to surprise us in what we always expected - "good" vs. "bad" (Rebels vs. Imperials). I'd like to see the Galactic Civil War come to an end as a result of this new evil (Driver/Max von Sydow and co.?) that wipes out anything in its path. Here's how:

Ep7 - war wages between Empire/Republic, the new enemies reveal themselves to our heroes in the third act.
    Ep8 - the villains come out swinging against the galaxy and begin indiscriminately wiping out "good guys" and "bad guys" alike. Here I hope we get some backstory behind the Jedi/Sith and who the new threats are and what they want.
    Ep9 - a desperate galaxy unites to fight the Big Bads? Maybe the Skywalker legacy isn't to crush the Empire, but unite the galaxy in peace against a common threat.

I just don't see how all the creative people Disney has brought together could start to crack the story by saying, "Well the Republic just has to keep fighting the Empire." I suspect we are in for some big surprises and twists in terms of the traditional Star Wars narrative.

AkshayTheJedi and TK327 like this.
  14. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

No, because all those people will go to see it anyway. And they are a small minority anyway..

15. Darth Drangus

Darth Drangus Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2014
    The numbers don't bear that out though. AOTC and ROTS did significantly worse at the box office than TPM. Disney knows that the movie has to be really good if they want to maximize their profit for all of the fans. A couple hundred million dollars is pretty substantial for a studio. They aren't going to thumb their noses at any segment of the fanbase. They want every last cent.

16. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

No. The fans who are naysayers are a tiny majority and don't impact on the something like box office - especially since many go again and again, just like those who like it.

That is based on comments in this forum.

As large as the Star Wars fan base is, it isn't large enough to carry this film to the kind of final success that Disney needs*. The naysayers aren't significant to affect it either way - even if they weren't to go see it - which they will.

*Disney need all three new Saga movies to earn back their budgets and the 4 billion dollars from the sale.

Plus, isn't the merchandise where all the real money is made?

17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    ROTS did not do "significantly worse" than the TPM in theatres. And yes, I know the 3D re-release pushed TPM over the billion mark, but I'm talking about its initial run.

Dra--- and Hoggsquattle like this.
  18. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    If Disney needs the Saga to earn over four billion dollars, they're in worse financial shape then anyone knows. What Disney wants is for the ST to put as big a dent as possible in the purchase price as it possibly can. If anyone thinks Disney is going to stop putting out Star Wars movies in the direct line of Episodes one through six after the ST is done, they're mistaken. Disney is in this for the long run and they're going to be smart about it. That means they'll do the ST, wait a few years, do another trilogy in the same line, wait a few years, do another trilogy and so on. Disney spent $4 billion because 1)They could afford to and 2)They had a good, if not detailed, idea of how and where they were going to make their money back.

19. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    Disney won't make back their budget plus the cost of Star Wars on the 3 announced movies or spinoffs. Its a long term investment and there will be many, many, many, many more Star Wars movies. They will never end. You don't fork over 4 billion for 6 movies, you fork over 4 billion to own everything and milk the cow for eternity.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  20. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Was this image ever debunked?

21. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    It could also go like this...

MVS will be this long forgotten Jedi Knight, that went missing during the Clone Wars. And seeing that the Empire is now without their Sith rulers, he decides to come out of hiding to restore the Jedi Order in his own image, much like Dooku had envisioned in his time. But before he did this, he had searched for several Force Borns and trained them in secret, so they could be loyal followers of his new philosophy — a philosophy that is strict, and is designed to govern and protect the beings of the Galaxy with any means necessary, whether they agree to it or not. And out of the group of these new Jedi that he had brought with him, AD will decide that his master is too soft and makes a move to take over the seat of power that his teacher had recently acquired. After killing MVS and seating himself as absolute ruler over all, he plans to create a weapon in secret — a weapon that will ensure his dominance over the galaxy. With a group of Dark Jedi at his disposal, he instructs them to seek out the famous and long missing Jedi Knight, who had been responsible for the fall of Vader and his Emperor, knowing that Luke Skywalker and anyone he had trained would one day return and be a great threat to him.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am rather fond of a majority of that scenario, actually.

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  24. Obill-Wan Cuppobi

Obill-Wan Cuppobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 2, 2014
    I think that would be a great scenario, and MVS as an old knight can be a little bit of a mentor to Luke, too, in terms of helping rebuild the Jedi. MVS can be the cynical old Jedi, and Luke can be the more optimistic one. Then you throw in Driver...there's a lot of potential dynamic stuff in there. It's also not obvious, but also not inconceivable. Very fresh, I think.

25. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    You are taking my statement out of context - I was commenting on how the "fan base" isn't large enough to carry the films to box office glory and the haters are a very small group, meaning the they need to draw new fans and Joe Public. The naysayers aren't an issue.

I didn't say it was financial doom and gloom at Disney - of course they can afford (they haven't been shutting down parks and laying off millions of employees, have they?).

The statement is about how they have to earn back the budgets and the purchase cost before they see a profit, hence the mercy aide statement too.

I know they aren't stopping the Saga either - I've been telling people that around here too - by 2030 we'll have Daisy Ridley and company giving us a fourth trilogy and hopelfuully another after that.:)

As you say - long time investment. ;)

See above ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.