main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I bet your right on that, but what I think happened is that GL decided an ST could happen before Ep III, and the Plagueis angle was put there to compensate for condensing the Emperors defeat into Ep VI.

2. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    "Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope...." I had a friend like that in high school. Didn't get very far in life.

3. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    This came from Kurtz's understanding of the outline when Anakin and Vader were different characters, not Lucas, and was already gone by the timeTESB hit theaters. Lucas told everyone the structure in 1983, when RotJ came out. His structure had 9 episodes and didn't need the Emperor.

4. Klingon Padawan

Klingon Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2013
    Darth Plagueis being in the ST ruins the concept of Anakin being the Chosen One. If there are more Sith after ROTJ, then Anakin didn't fulfill the prophecy, and he isn't the Chosen One.

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  5. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    In that case, Plageuis or not, prepare to be disappointed.

Darth kRud likes this.
  6. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Thi
    This topic has already been brought up multiple times in this thread. It has yet to hold up against basic logic. Really tired of this one coming up every other page.

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Try not to insist you're right.

Sum-Wan and DarthRelaxus like this.
  8. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    As does travelling at lightspeed and laser swords :p

9. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    He's speaking to the internal contextual logic already established within the films.

10. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I know :p

11. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    I'm not insisting I am right. I am simply pointing no one has yet to give sufficient evidence to prove the sith returning cannot happen because of the prophecy. Not sure how pointing out a lack of logic is me insisting I am right.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Anakin did bring balance to the Force. Because Plageuis was dead. And now he's back. So, y'know, small window of balance but balance nonetheless!

13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I guess it just came across that way.

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Now, at page 29 and still no sign of Joey Arnold. How can such a thing be...?

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    He actually made a few posts in this thread like 20 pages ago and left. lol

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm shocked he isn't the mayor of this thread on 4Square or somesuch contrivance. How he somehow isn't the original author and key contributor is more than my mind can bear...

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  17. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    Going back to how Plagueis should be represented IF he appears in ST:

I would say the movies should avoid casting actors who have already been in a recognized franchise, mostly because - though both Noble and Fiennes are great actors - it would still be Denethor or Voldemort in a Star Wars movie, and Star Wars has thrived more with lesser knowns.

Of course, I'm gonna contradict myself and suggest someone LIKE Benedict Cumberbatch. A thin and spidery form with a more cerebral personality would suit Plagueis - and be convincing as Sidious' Master. Now, there could be something interesting in how Plagueis controls his youth - whether some CGI trickery or old fashioned effects magic - that could bring a cool evil scientist/monster aspect. It would also remedy a concern than some have about Luke, Leia, and Han's age - instead of being something that needs to be overlooked, it would be a narrative point - the unnaturalness of Plagueis' youth counterpointed to the plain age of our heroes. This would also make Plagueis a fuller threat to whatever younger heroes (the Big Three's kids, more than likely) that the ST will have.

18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I do call Christopher Lee the opposite name of whatever movie I'm watching. Dooku in LOTR and Saruman in Star Wars.

19. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    And I just call Benedict Sherlock in everything. I still think he is in Star Trek 2. I mean....guy in sexy coat who boasts being better at everything and then destroys London. Sounds to me like a crazy post-reichenbach Sherlock who got pissed off John left him for Gandalf. ;)

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That is a great idea if it's underlined and pointed out. Possibly by Plagueis himself as he's smacking Luke Skywalker around with the Force and so forth. If we're talking character resurrection, they can always indulge in a little bit of body-swapping as well, meaning they can acknowledge the Munn design but then have him be resurrected in a human body, etc.

21. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Didn't they say the story would be original? Like no EU? And isn't Plagueis only mentioned as a Munn in the EU? So...they could make Plagueis look like whoever they want because most audiences have no idea what he looks like so he can be anything.

22. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    Im not an EU guy, so other than people saying it here, I wouldn't have known he was a Munn. Personally, I think it works better if the characters that are this important were human. I lets the audience relate better to the drama.

On that note, I guess it depends on who made him a Munn....?

Darth Claire likes this.
  23. Klingon Padawan

Klingon Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2013
    George Lucas himself said that Plagueis was a Muun. And I don't think the character's physical appearance, even if he's an alien, really affects his personality.

24. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    That would be George Lucas

Klingon Padawan likes this.
  25. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    It's not terrible, the part about Luke turning to Plagueis to bring back his child would be the only thing I would change a bit. I just don't like the idea of Luke turning to a Sith for help, might just be me though. Instead maybe the child died and Plagueis brought him back on his own thinking he might get a new Skywalker apprentice out of it, but when the kid is brought back he decides not to join Plagueis. Perhaps Plagueis planned for the kid to die so he could then bring him back to life and manipulate him into believing he owes Plagueis for saving him, when in all actuality Plagueis is the reason he died in the first place.

There's also the option that Plagueis may not be the one with a connection to the heroes, other than maybe being Luke's grandfather. Instead it could be Plag's new apprentice who has some kind of connection to the hero.

Darth Claire likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.