main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    It could be a spirit that is latched onto a temple or an object that still, I think, can apply but the Sith can not become one with the force and live on in a pure sense.

Darth_Pevra and I know like this.
  2. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I can see them doing something like having a bad guy, obsessed with Sith, finding Vader's badly damaged helmet and making a newly enhanced helmet from it to give us a cool action figure which is a spruced up Vader for a new age.

But the twist is that Vader's helmet absorbed Palpatine's spirit. So when the helmet was removed from Anakin, it retained the ultimate dark side fusion of both Vader and Palpatine all wrapped up in one, waiting to possess the one who wears the helmet again.

Sound like a horror movie? I can see JJ doing something like that.

3. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Palpatine in Vader's helmet? Sounds like a fanfic.

4. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Sounds like the bad guy version of Frosty the Snowman.

Redimet likes this.
  5. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    So far, most of it does anyway.

6. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    If they went a Exar Kun rout it could be really cool because he is exploring all sorts of Sith Ruins and being taught by a Sith Spirit he can have a lot of ancient Sith abilities we have not seen before like Sith sorcery which you can see Kun doing in the picture above and in the comics. A villain like that could be new and interesting, dangerous in a different way.

I know likes this.
  7. Lord_Rebel

Lord_Rebel Jedi Master star 1

May 16, 2005

Who says the force was balanced with the destruction of the Sith? If you pay attention to the underlying theme in the PQ's, setting aside bad acting which shields it, you realize that maybe Annakin was supposed to destroy the Jedi. The Jedi had become over powering, were in control of the government (for the most part) and were leading Armies (which they were never supposed to do). The good had become over whelming to the point of being Authoritative, while the bad was still just 2. Annakin fixed that by removing the overwhelming use of the Force by the Light side. Think of it like a drinking well...if 500 people on one side of the well are drinking water every day and only 2 are drinking on the other side..how is there balance? The Force is the same way.

8. Lord_Rebel

Lord_Rebel Jedi Master star 1

May 16, 2005
    Most brilliant post ive seen on these forums....Hats off to you sir...

9. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Balance of the Force, not balance of the Force-users.

darklordoftech and Dra--- like this.
  10. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    There is most certainly a connection. A Jedi has much more force flowing through them than an average person or thing. Killing 1000 Jedi is more potent than killing 1000 random people.

11. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    The problem is that Lucas has explained that it was the Sith who were unbalancing the Force by being too powerful. They also corrupted the galaxy via the Empire and TCWs. It really has nothing to do with the Jedi at all.

However, the Jedi weren't really ready for the Sith in the PT. But that has nothing to do with Balance.

Darth Archimage likes this.
  12. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    Wiping out all of the Jedi had no effect on the balance? Just killing two Sith. Okay... Greedo also shot first. Lucas said so.

13. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I'm all for looking at the films first, but there's nothing in the PT to indicate the bad effect of many light side users -- who had been in the same number for what? Hundreds of years? A thousand?

As for your Lucas point, sure, he changes things -- but that has nothing to do with this context. He's said very clearly that the Sith were responsible for unbalancing the Force. You have neither film nor author that backs up your belief.

I know and Darth_Pevra like this.
  14. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    The Jedi could not see their impending doom. They could not sense a disturbance. The Force didn't want them to. It would have found a way to prevent the extinction of the Jedi, to combat the growing power of the Sith.

15. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Mace Windu said they could feel the darkside of the Force clouding their vision. I guess the Force wanted them sense a disturbance.

There isn't any negative effect on the GFFA that results from so many Jedi. However, two Sith are powerful enough to destroy the Jedi -- that's an imbalance.

Finally, by the time of the OT, you have Yoda and Kenobi, and Vader and Palpatine. Your argument suggests that was balance. But clearly it wasn't, or else the Force wouldn't have allow Luke to destroy the Sith.

Your argument makes zero sense, has no evidence in the films to back it up, and Lucas contradicts you. Please stop wasting our time.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  16. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014

In the end, Vader, Palpatine, Yoda and Obiwan were dead, and Luke used both the dark and light side to defeat Vader. Luke was in balance with the Force. The Force was finally in balance.

17. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    No, the Force was balanced at the beginning of the OT. Training Luke undoes that Balance. Until Obi-Wan dies. Then the Force is balanced again. This is your logic.

18. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    This is under the assumption that they are the only force users in the galaxy. Emperor may very well have other dark siders under his command; and there are still Jedi hiding out there.

19. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Luke becoming enraged was not him using the darkside. He did creep to the very precipice, but he did not give in and kill Vader. Killing Vader would have been his turn. Luke was stronger than that.

20. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    You're being a bit too definitive there. Maybe he was calling on the Dark Side since his clear emotion was anger & rage. Only Lucas can answer this for sure. Maybe it's in his dvd commentary ?

TheBBP likes this.
  21. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

I think that the difference would lay in the intent. Anakin became enraged and slaughtered a village of Tuskens in an act of hate and revenge. Luke become enraged when Vader put a thinly-veiled threat on his sister. IMHO it is clear that his intent was to stop Vader from harming her. When it came time to do the dirty, Luke relented and tossed away his weapon to face death rather than take that final step. I think that is where Luke stood at the precipice rather than have actually called upon the dark side.

That is my theory anyways.

Darth_Downunder likes this.
  22. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Very hard to win a fight not Angry.

Don't know how the Jedi do it.

TheBBP likes this.
  23. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

Jedi justify it by supposedly being calm and at peace when they take a life. It's hogwash if you ask me. Taking a life would demand fear, anger, hatred or any combination of those things. Taking a life is not a peaceful thing no matter how you slice it, even in the name of Justice.

coxie0520 likes this.
  24. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Now back to the baddie discussion.

One issue that they have to overcome is imo the perception that the heroes are invincible. People remember that Luke, Leia and Han were the ones who brought the mighty Empire down. They made a mockery of its troopers, of its superweapons and in the end even the head honchos were beaten. In the eyes of the public, they must appear nigh invincible.

So how to bring them down? One method would be to have their usual methods fail, and fail badly. The bubble of invincibility, that surrounds them, must be brought to burst. And how to do that?

What if one of Luke tries to redeem someone and this time he fails? What if one of his most trusted companions fell to the dark side? Luke would probably race to him and try everything in his power to bring him back. But to trust one, to open oneself to him, also means being open to attack. The darksider would use the opportunity to bring Luke down, probably to injure him badly. And the bubble would have burst.

25. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    Personally I don't believe balance is achieved by adding and subtracting from the dark or light side.

My latest view on balance stands like this ... Ever done that old children's science project where you take a bottle of water and a handful of soil and mix the two together? Leave the bottle alone and they separate into light (water layer) and dark (sediment layer) - this is balance. Then the Sith come along and shake your bottle! Everything's murky, nothing's clear - out of balance. They keep doing this until someone kicks em in the n*ts and makes them stop!

In joining in the Sith Anakin was actually contributing to the unbalance, not working to restore it. It baffles me that some people think Lucas intended for Anakin to wipe out all those youngling as part of his path to restore balance to the Force. As a Family movie series (all be it the darkest instalment) I'm sure this wasn't part of the plan.

An interesting question is ... Is Balance the natural state of the Force? I don't think it is. In nature it often requires energy to maintain a state of order. I think because BOTH light and dark MUST exist balance requires a constant conscious effort (within everyone) to maintain. Anakin restored balance, but it's up to Luke and the new Order to maintain that balance within the galaxy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.