main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DidIAskWhatWasCanon

DidIAskWhatWasCanon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2014
    It's not a bad idea. I'm inclined to wonder if the whills were meant to be the ones saying, "A long time ago in a galaxy et cetera." The saga could be the villain relating his defeat. He was watching the galaxy the whole time--but also somehow pulling the strings. Before that somehow went wrong.

Dra--- and darklordoftech like this.
  2. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Yeah maybe his name is Whill Sith & he's just a regular guy. Possibly works in a department store on Coruscant.

Sorry.

Darth PJ likes this.
  3. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

[​IMG]

JJ should cast him for the role. Too obvious?

Darth_Downunder likes this.
  4. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I honestly feel like a cold war between the New Republic and the Empire is still going to be the most likely scenario. Some sort of Dark Force user like a fallen Jedi takes control of the Empire and tries to reshape the order his new, twisted image to insure it's future survival.

5. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Well the After Earth guy is writing a spin off so maybe that will feature Will Smith as Whill Sith. If so pls shoot me in the head.

Darth_Pevra and plaidphoenix like this.
  6. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I think I'd have to file this under the heading of Things that would make me walk out of Episode VII

Import_Jedi and Darth_Downunder like this.
  7. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    **** just got real.

8. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    I hear he makes "Sith look good". Personally... I prefer Carlton.

9. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Or things that would make some people walk in. [face_whistling]

10. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    No idea but hope Max von sydow is the villan..

Immortiss likes this.
  11. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I'm not sure how serious this post is. You seem to completely misunderstand or intentionally misrepresent how the Story Group functions. The main directors and writers don't need to read the books or play the games -- they meet regularly as a group to talk about the direction the characters, plot, and story are going; they are the ones constructing the world. Much quicker and more efficient than having everyone read everything.

So posts like these I suppose are a kind of willful or unwillful ignorance. I'm sure you could do better if you weren't so biased.

As for Dr. Nuvo Vindi, he seems to be thrown out as some example of how worthless all canon EU must be. But that seems to be assuming or overlooking that the films themselves have created some less than universally loved characters (Jar Jar, most obviously, but the Ewoks annoy plenty as well). Or do you suppose that Jar Jar will be on the minds of JJ, Kinberg, and Kasdan "every bit as much as" the TV characters?

12. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    SITH LORD: You'lllll.... neverrrr.... seeee.... disappointment.... cominnnggg....

13. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    I've never heard of Dr Whoever Vindi.

My post wasn't overly serious. I think we should leave it at that. Anything further would be too off topic [face_peace]

Dra--- likes this.
  14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    GL has always said that "A long time ago" et cetera is R2 and 3PO telling the story to (some of?) the Whills, but what you're proposing would be an interesting twist.

15. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    How about thousands of years from now one of the Whills excavates an ancient artefact (R2D2) and from studying and repairing his memory cells learns the history of the Skywalker bloodline to recount to tale to the rest of his people.

16. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Nobody knows what Whills are. Yes they might pop up but in my opinion it's just as likely we see Jaxxon the green rabbit. They're just too meta.

17. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Now that would be an out of the box -- or hat -- villain.

I know and Darth_Pevra like this.
  18. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I've read the speculation some guy made in The Cantina about the Arndt script featuring as the big baddie the dark side itself. If that is remotely true, I can see why ot was rejected. After Palpatine they need such a huge baddie they need the dark side itself to be it. But after the good guys "kill" the dark side there is no possible threat bigger than that.

19. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    The plaid side.

[​IMG]

Dra--- likes this.
  20. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    That would be bat**** insane. You'd essentially be going to battle against the Force itself.

Darth_Bertie likes this.
  21. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I have to agree. But, and it´s a big but, I´d only use this baddie if it was really going to be the end of the saga. Because nothing could ever come closer to this afterwards. Plus, we would need, IMO, a hero up to the task, and I kinds of think that would have been Anakin. You know, the chosen one, uber powerful and so on.

22. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I have the theory that the Dark Side is a part of the force that was corrupted by evil beings and split from the light that is the rest of the force. A plot could be about healing the force, rather than destroying the dark side.

23. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Would provide an epic enough closure to the Saga while at the same time leaving it open that some hundreds or thousands of years later a split can happen again, without really devaluing what the heroes have done in ST.

I know, Darth_Pevra and Darth_Bertie like this.
  24. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    That certainly would cool and could provide a true challenge to the hero's though I still would't mind having a non-force user villain, still this could be a great idea for a villain.

darklordoftech likes this.
  25. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    I love that idea.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.