main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd rather Sith ghosting be Palpatine's thing (unless an ancient Sith appears). If Plagueis is alive, it should be in a physical form. The opera scene gave me the impression of physical immortality.

LunarMoth likes this.
  2. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I'd like to see them fight over it...

Palpatine: "Sith Ghosting is mine!"
    Plagueis: "No, mine!"
    Palpatine: "Mine! Mine! Mine!"
    Plagueis: "Give it ba-ack."

Anyway, Play Your Guess is as good as mine.

LunarMoth and Dra--- like this.
  3. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    "The Ghost is Mine" would make a great duet.

"Sheev, I thought I told you, I'm a lover, not a fighter."

4. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Person #1: "Those two were really at odds."
    Person #2: "Who? Sidious and Plaguies?"
    Person #1: "No......"

[​IMG]

Dra--- and Artoo-Dion like this.
  5. KnightStorm

KnightStorm Jedi Knight

Jul 31, 2014
    Palpatine certainly had a "Grimm Reaper/horror movie" look about him.:p

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  6. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    He looked like Gary Oldman's Dracula in ROTS.

KnightStorm likes this.
  7. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    You think the filmmakers are abiding by the story laid down in the novel "Darth Plagueis?"

When they announced the rebooting of the EU, they specifically only referred to the post ROTJ era as being rebooted, if this is true than Palpatine nor Plagueis created Anakin...

8. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    No, everything was rebooted.

9. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Yep, all was rebooted, not just some.

However, I think some of the members of the Story Group like much of the Plagueis novel. Whether or not they retain parts of it though is anyone's guess.

plaidphoenix and Immortiss like this.
  10. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    It did have a fair bit of oversight from Lucas, so I imagine it's one of the bits of EU most likely to be a "legend" that's actually mostly accurate.

It's kind of dismaying, though, that six months since the announcement, people are still clinging to the hope that the EU is still largely intact.

plaidphoenix, Dra--- and Satipo like this.
  11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I really hope they keep Plagueis a Muun (or a non-human) if he ever appears in the new EU down the road.

plaidphoenix and Immortiss like this.
  12. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I was just thinking that. What part of the enormous "the EU has been rebooted" announcement did so many not understand?

13. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    The meaning was clear unless you're invested in interpreting it otherwise.

Dra---, darklordoftech and Satipo like this.
  14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    You still get people on here who are in deep denial, saying things like "If we learn this and this in Episode 7 then the Thrawn trilogy can still count from a certain point onwards". I largely just ignore posters who post things like that (not literally put them on ignore, I just don't reply to them).

15. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I can't wait to see Jaina, Jacen and Ben in Episode VII.

TK327, hippie1kenobi, Dra--- and 5 others like this.
  16. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    [​IMG]

17. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    This is just a vocal minority of Legends fans. As you can see, they're not open to anything different from the old EU.

I think we'll hear less from this group over time. Some of them are actually protesting the new EU to try to force Disney to create new Legends stories. Move on, already!

darklordoftech likes this.
  18. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    I know. I find it kind of hilarious in a perverse way. The thing is, everyone thinks they're the majority, so they really believe the new continuity will tank because five people refuse to buy anything not connected to the old EU.

19. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I think it would make a hilarious movie.

You might have a hardcore Luke fan -- the kind who all cap their thoughts and who don't ever think it's possible for Luke to fall to the darkside -- committing violent attacks on the employees at Toys R' Us.

20. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Well it's likely that since TOR is getting new content, they'll probably just shrug and say why not for incorporating the KOTOR era into the new EU. As for the rest of it, that'll be up to the Story Group.

Some of the stuff we've seen in statements from the creators of Rebels and hinting about other force users could hint at things like plans to bring back things like the Emperor's Hands and so forth. As for the post RoTJ EU, I suspect some of the favorite works will basically go through an 'adaption' process, where new stories will hint at things like Thrawn's campaign still having happened... even if the names of any Solo kids are changed, and so forth.

21. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    It was the part written in invisible ink that said "except for the part you really, really, really like. We're keeping that, just for you." ;)

22. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Thought so.

23. DidIAskWhatWasCanon

DidIAskWhatWasCanon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2014
    The more time goes by the more it begins to seem like one of the most prescient and culturally relevant works of fiction ever was that "Far Side" cartoon about the annual meeting of the Didn't Like Dances With Wolves Society. About five people standing around...

24. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm not in denial of anything. This is the official announcement from Disney and they only specified post ROTJ, that's why I ask.

In order to give maximum creative freedom to the filmmakers and also preserve an element of surprise and discovery for the audience, Star Wars Episodes VII-IX will not tell the same story told in the post-Return of the Jedi Expanded Universe. While the universe that readers knew is changing, it is not being discarded. Creators of new Star Wars entertainment have full access to the rich content of the Expanded Universe. For example, elements of the EU are included in Star Wars Rebels. The Inquisitor, the Imperial Security Bureau, and Sienar Fleet Systems are story elements in the new animated series, and all these ideas find their origins in roleplaying game material published in the 1980s.

If you guys say otherwise then you're probably right. If they want to go another route other than the Legend books, so be it...all that matters is what I like in the end and what is canon to the individual fan. For instance Darth Plagueis and Labyrinth of evil are my Episode 1 and 2. You may love those films, to each his own...

25. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    Read it in context. For example:

"Lucas always made it clear that he was not beholden to the EU. He set the films he created as the canon."

and

"Demand for past tales of the Expanded Universe will keep them in print, presented under the new Legends banner."

In other words, the EU is now completely apocryphal (though may be used in new stories as needed).

plaidphoenix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.