main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    The statement that should be paid attention to was the part of the announcement where they say the only unmovable objects of the Star Wars universe after the reboot would be the films, TCW and Rebels, and the new content moving forward.

Nothing else is safe, even if it hasn't yet been labeled Legends.

The Story Group also made it clear via Twitter that even PT novels like Plagueis, which many of us here liked, were no longer canon.

I'm not sure what they've said about the Old Republic, but I'm sure that if they want to make movies of that period it also isn't safe, even if they haven't called it Legends yet. Isn't the OR content mainly video games? I think it's a bad idea to consider it canon.

2. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    I fully understand that the entirety of the EU is no longer canon. However, that doesn't mean they can't retain certain elements of it where appropriate. Indeed, as I understand it, some of the new authors hired to write inside the new canon have actually said as much. I'm not talking about entire story lines, but things like names or characters that will work inside the new canon in some updated context. Basically I think it could be done in the same way that Lucas took certain elements from the EU during the prequels, while still retaining the freedom to use those elements however he wanted.

Since Plagueis is part of the in-film canon, as Palpy talks about him in the opera, I am sure they could use his character in some context if they wanted to. They could incorporate certain elements from the book, while maintaining the freedom to discard things that don't work for the new canon.

That's one of the cool things about re-branding the EU as legends. It turns those stories that might have similarities to the canon into muddled old tales that might have an element of truth to them, but were altered after being retold down the generations.

3. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    I can not believe we are still hung up on the whole EU thing.

Disney made it pretty clear....lets move on

4. DidIAskWhatWasCanon

DidIAskWhatWasCanon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2014
  5. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    That damn link triggered off a virus alert on my phone!

6. DidIAskWhatWasCanon

Aug 16, 2014
    I didn't get one. But at least now you've told us. I assume you mean the second link? Anyway it seems to be too late to edit the post.

7. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    After doing a lot of analysis about who's been evil, unaccounted for, mysterious, and along with that leaked picture of the baddie, I came to the absolute only realistic conclusion about who the villain is. It makes perfect sense and wraps around from at least the OT.

The baddie is:

GARINDAN, LONG-SNOOT, the Snitch!

8. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    You spelled Plagueis wrong.

Immortiss, Dra--- and SkywalkerOG like this.
  9. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Going back to the Cyborg holding the helmet I have a question of the people who are watching rebels. What does Ezra collect?......helmets. What if he becomes the bad guy in Episode 7? We don't know what is going to happen to him and he has a dark streak to him and we know that if not properly trained one could go down the path of the dark side.

10. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

As Vidian said in A New Dawn, "Forget the old ways."

11. DidIAskWhatWasCanon

Aug 16, 2014
    Could somebody blow up the pic of the cyborg with his arm around the woman? Give us a good look at the skin around the eye? Because it does look like a black guy to me.

12. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Damned corn!

13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Lando's in the film afterall!!!

14. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    I sure hope not, but possible I suppose. I say this because I dont see a believable way to connect that to the existing film saga.

Immortiss likes this.
  15. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    Well it's always been that way then! The books were never really canon to begin with. For example: there are huge continuity errors in comparing the same identical time frames covered in the Clone Wars micro series and the book Labyrinth of Evil. So in essence nothing has changed...the books could be canon or could not be...it's up to the film makers....

16. Darth Zannah

Oct 28, 2014
  17. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    Rebels connects it haha and not everything needs to be connected to the saga of the past even though I would not mind it to.

18. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    Dropping something from Rebels into the Episode films does not connect anything.

19. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    Rebels is connected to the saga its cannon so having Ezra be the bad guy really isn't that far fetched seeing as how Lucas Film is trying to have this connected world.

20. Darth Zannah

Oct 28, 2014
    No God! Please don't have Aladdin...I mean Ezra... in Episode 7! He hasn't earned that right yet...by the time 7 comes out it would just be in its second season..they can't possibly developed the character that much to include him...unless they want to be lame about it...

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  21. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    He doesn't have to be anything like he is now. He would be in his 60s and be a cyborg Sith I like the idea because it could be a wtf moment for us who have got to know him in the shows first two seasons and then I would be watching the show wondering how in the world he fell so far I think it could be cool, not saying its my first choice bu its an idea.

22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Actually, I don't want to see anyone from the Rebels show in Episode VII.

Darth Zannah, acroyear7 and Jcuk like this.
  23. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Is it a broadsword style lightsabre maybe?

With even the blade somehow bigger and heavy than a normal lightsabre.

24. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    How could the blade be bigger and heavier? It's a concentrated laser beam.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  25. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    The "somehow" was meant to signify I didn't know how but am saying "maybe".

And we are talking about laser swords here. Wielded by wizards in outer space. With robots and aliens.

I don't think actual physics (or such) matters in this regard - the "science" of the GFFA needs only to to accurate to itself and not anything "real".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.