main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    His animator died of a sudden heart attack.

2. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    ...but what about the other dozen animators who work on him?

3. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I hope some of these rumors of a collector of Dark Side relics is true. Someone could go after Palpatine's version of the scepter of Ragnos, a weapon rich in the Dark Side that could energy beams from it and make any being sensitive to the Dark Side.

4. Obi Whan Kenobi

Obi Whan Kenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 8, 2013

Think about it my friend, what you just described is scary and epic. I hope the villain is Darth Plagueis for a couple of reasons. 1. He was Palpatine's master, we all know how evil and powerful he was, so Plagueis may be equally as powerful. We may see some new dark side raw force power. Crushing, breaking bones, disintegrating 2. Unlike Vader who had good in him, Plagueis like Palps could be pure evil and not have mixed emotions about anything, he's purely evil. 3. The guy is obsessed with immortality and does unnatural things with the force. 4. Plagueis is probably a bad ass with a light saber along the likes of Anakin before the injuries. 5. It sounds like to me Ep VII could be part Sci Fi part horror movie. I mean if we are talking about ancient sith being raised from the dead and sith artifacts, immortality and Max Von Sydow in the movie, sounds like Star Wars meet the exorcist. Sith artifacts and possession = Ouija board, Luke Skywalker is some creepy powerful exorcist with Daisy & Boyega as young priests who have no clue how to fight the true devil in all of this.

So I would have no problem with Plagueis at all. Palpatine must have been afraid of the guy to go after him in his sleep. If written correctly revealing his uncompassionate motives, new fighting style and force powers that equal or surpass Vader/Palps would be great.

Like someone wrote earlier. I'm not buying that Palps killed him with dark side lightening alone because one of Palpatine's weaknesses was his over confidence. If it had been me, personally I would have severely crippled Plagueis with lightening then beheaded the guy. No way am I going to leave someone laying there who has the power to manipulate midichlorians to create life.

Its why I believe Plagueis will be the new villain.

coxie0520, Rabs, starocean90 and 5 others like this.
  5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    For all we know Palpatine cremated him.

Darth Lurker and darklordoftech like this.
  6. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I think Plagueis killed Palpatine and passed himself off as Palpatine until Anakin killed him and its taken 30 years for his spirit to find a way back to the physical realm.

Rabs, starocean90 and Dra--- like this.
  7. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Why can't Darth Plageuis simply rest in peace? Why not just have him become a Force spirit like others and possess some lesser Darksider on his way to reconquer the Galaxy?

8. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Actually, I like like the idea of Plagueis turning Luke into a worm.

Darth_Dru and plaidphoenix like this.
  9. Darth_Dru

Darth_Dru Jedi Master star 1

Jan 11, 2001
    I hope this is what they are aiming for. I also have the same ideas for this as well. Plagueis being the creator and ultimate devil in the universe.

10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    As I said before, one of the concept art had a character who looked identical to Plagueis.

Dra--- likes this.
  11. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    There is no "looks identical to Plagueis" as Plagueis has never been in any of the Films.

darklordoftech likes this.
  12. DMi

DMi Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2014
    Id would be cool to be Mace Windu.....now that Samuel L Jackson wants in.....Imagine:

The lonely sith in the wood with that fancy sword is actually Mace Windu gone dark?We only see one arm...maybe that is all he's got.

He could have gone dark,he was in Vaapad/Form 7 mode when Vader took his arm off....maybe he went dark right there and survived just like Malgus did when Satele managed to own him in the swtor cinematic...only on pure hate...and he could not stay on the light side anymore

Just a thought

13. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    He would probably be dead by the ST of old age.
    Not to mention bringing back PT characters from the dead is getting used up. But IF he survived and was shown in rebels or something, id rather see him as some disgruntled jolee from KOTOR type, Not evil.

14. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I haven't heard this at all. Was it the one with snow and Rey in the front of the frame and someone on the ground crawling near the evil figure with a lightsaber?

I'd say that many things point to Plagueis' inclusion. More and more seems to suggest the possibility of Plagueis and there is certainly room to make him the baddie without stepping on the toes of Palpatine.

LunarMoth likes this.
  15. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    It took Palpatine until Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi to really impose his evil behaviour. If Plagueis is the big villain this time, it may not be until Episode IX that we get to see his true badassery.

16. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    True, however, there is the Black Series action figure, which was said at one point to be canon characters only. Although arguable, it does present that visualization for the character in canon.

D'an and Immortiss like this.
  17. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Being in the films has nothing to do with it. Art and an action figure of Plagueis exists, so theoretically concept art could feature a character who looks nearly identical to Plagueis, just as lack of a Revan in films doesn't mean that first pic of Kylo Ren from before the teaser hit isn't reminiscent of Revan.

But I've seen no concept art with anyone "identical" to Plagueis; the snowy one with the tall figure and saber is too vague to label as a Muun.

18. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Or, a Tarantula (Tarantoola?).;)

19. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
  20. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Yes indeed a interesting read I had how will it be possible to bring Plagueis back if Palpatine killed him.

21. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I bet the real bad guy has been Valorum all along, who, let's face it, was General Zod in disguise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Considering the tweet was a quote from one of the Maul episodes in Season 4, and thus referring to Darth Maul as the "fallen enemy", it'd be pretty silly to use it as a hint for yet another fallen Sith Lord. "Hey, so, bringing Darth Maul back went over well, so let's do it again!"

DarthSyverus and darklordoftech like this.
  23. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    ...and the Black Beast was no more.

DarthSyverus and The Hellhammer like this.
  24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    "Some call me....Darth Tim...."

25. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Immortiss likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.