main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Well do they usually tweet out quotes? If not then it seems a bit strange doesn't it?

2. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Yes, they do... on #WisdomWednesday. So, no, it doesn't seem strange at all.

3. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    "... and as you can see... I'm a lot happier!"

4. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Fair enough I didn't know they did that so that has no credibility haha.

5. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I wouldn't say that all things point to Plagueis in TFA. HOWEVER, I would say that Plagueis and his mystique do lend themselves to the rumors and could fit quite well. So, while things are not conclusively suggesting Plagueis, they do generate thoughts of Plagueis.

This could refer to any ancient Sith who has or has not been mentioned in any "legends" work. However, the name Plagueis connects it.

As I've said before many times, there is a seemingly (to me at least) way to bring back Plagueis, make his "resurrection" work and not undermine any evil that was personified by Palpatine.

If Plagueis was so wise and had so much knowledge in the Force, then simply dying in his sleep doesn't cut it. If he could manipulate the Force so well, then why not have him separate his spirit from his body. The Force exists outside of the physical body as well as inside it and binds it all together. Life may be relative to someone like Plagueis. What Palpatine killed and burned into dust and kept in an urn in his office was simply the "crude" material Yoda described to Luke in ESB. The Force is much bigger than all of that and Plagueis knew that very very well. Plagueis had no qualms against his apprentice. He trained him to be every bit as evil as he needed to be in order to shut down all Jedi activity in the galaxy and train the chosen one to become the biggest and most powerful Sith (aside from himself of course). Then, when the time came and the Jedi were all but extinct with Obi-Wan and Yoda finally laying to rest, Vader could destroy Palpatine and himself, paving the way for Plagueis' eventual return. Plagueis' spirit could "reside" somewhere in the Sith netherworld, learning more tricks of the trade, and planning his return as an anti-messiah to the dark side of the Force. The one fly in the ointment? Vader, the chosen one which Plagueis had a hand in creating, had children. Therefore, Plagueis' return would have to wait a bit longer. Not a big deal for someone who existed so long before his faux death anyway. And he waited. He waited for Luke to become much older and a little "off the grid" so to speak. He waited for a possible male offspring to become twisted himself (that is if you believe that Driver is related). The timing had to be right. The pieces had to be in the correct place. And the galaxy, after having rebuilt itself somewhat, had to be in just the right state for Plagueis to return to reach his ultimate goal-TO CONTROL EVERY ASPECT OF THE FORCE AND CONTROL EVERY LIFE FORM IN THE GALAXY.

But what he never realized, in his super ego, is that the real thorn in his side would be a female who would become the chosen one and bring his true destruction. And Rey(na) would, by her own design, hide herself, unknowlingly, on the one place in the galaxy that was pretty much untouchable-Tatooine. The "holy" ground for those who are Force sensitive. Something has shielded it from being detected by the dark side. It is why Anakin had to be accidentally found. It is why Obi-Wan was able to stay there and watch Luke grow up without fear from the Inquisitors, Palpatine, and Vader who relentless combed the galaxy for those who could pose a threat. Both Ani and Luke had to be removed from the world that they didn't want to be on in the first place in order to take the plunge into the Force. Yet, the young girl did what neither her uncle nor grandfather did-she CHOSE to reside on that planet, far away from the political burdens of her parents to live a life far removed from the messy galactic affairs. But could Luke's power in the Force be enough to distract Plagueis from the real threat? We'll have to wait and see!!!

6. Digladio

Digladio Jedi Master star 3

Jan 7, 2003
    Interesting post, but remember, the factoid of Plagueis' remains being in an urn in Palpatine's office is not canon. The only Plagueis elements that are canon at this point is that scene in RotS and the novel Tarkin. Everything else is Legends, including the actual Darth Plagueis novel, which was very good.

LunarMoth and Krueger like this.
  7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope Plagueis is a Hutt.

8. WannaBuySomeDeathSticks

WannaBuySomeDeathSticks Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
    He's mentioned in Tarkin?! Thats the last thing I would have expected.

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Sidious remembers Plagueis while he assigns missions to Vader and Tarkin.

Immortiss likes this.
  10. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Interesting post, but remember, the factoid of Plagueis' remains being in an urn in Palpatine's office is not canon. The only Plagueis elements that are canon at this point is that scene in RotS and the novel Tarkin. Everything else is Legends, including the actual Darth Plagueis novel, which was very good.

Great! Better still! Then maybe his body wasn't burned.

Btw, what was said about Plagueis in Tarkin?

11. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Can we just rename this thread "Plagueis Discussion"? :p
    Sorry I'm just annoyed by how much this thread goes in circles with almost every page being about this dude who we have no hard-core evidence of being even alive. I mean I swear people talk more about Plagueis than the actual villain (Kylo Ren)

12. Bennihana

Bennihana Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2014
    A couple months ago I was convinced that Plagueis is the least likely villain but now I'm not so sure. The rumors do seem to fit rather nicely with his story. If they do use him though, I'd expect them to come up with a new design and not have him be a Muun.

13. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I am also getting sick of hearing about Plagueis. The majority of the posts on this thread are of why people think the baddie is Plagueis. Does anyone have any new ideas? I already said I believe the main bad guy will be the original Sith Lord (whatever they feel like naming him) who has been resurrected. Not a new theory, but I'm just trying to brainstorm possibilities.

14. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I would rather have the spirit of some ancient Sith Lord come out of his tomb in the hopes of returning reform his fallen empire who is not Plageuis or Sidious. Some cult seeks to use the Force to accomplish his resurrection. I also like the idea of some fallen leader in hibernation or cryosleep for centuries who is trying to be revived by the Empire in the hopes they will lead them back to victory.

15. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    I still think the only place that will happen will be on Korriban in a novel than in a movie.

16. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    What can we say about Kylo Ren that we haven't already said?

This thread has kicked around every idea in the book, and the reason we've returned to Plagueis is for good reasons. Rumors, concept art, and the description of Serkis's look all cohere around a Plagueis narrative.

But ok let's think of something brand new instead. [face_clown]

17. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Keyser Soze. Oh wait, that's part of my Darth Plagueis is the baddie argument.

[​IMG]

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  18. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    What's the difference? If they do the same for a brand new villain, it would simply be a new name. If they do the same for Plagueis, it would just be an already used name but one that is connected. They could do anything they wanted with Plagueis to make his inclusion original enough to be fresh to most. He hasn't been used in movies so it wouldn't be a retread, it really wouldn't.

And even if a few people like the idea of using someone names Darth Phobus or Darth Agonus or whatever, there would be equally enough people who are upset that they didn't make the villain connected enough thus making Episodes 7-9 disjointed from the other 6.

The way I see it is that we'll probably have Serkis' mysterious character, Max Von Sydow is ends up being a villain and possibly a Darth who gets killed and Kylo Ren who is possibly an Inquisitor of sorts who becomes a Sith at the end of TFA.

19. darthRebel

darthRebel Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 25, 2004
    The inquisitors seem to have a pivotal role, but I don't think they are the ancient evil. Maybe originally there was a big schism in the jedi as one group separated from the main order as they had a different philosophy about the force. This alternative group (call them bentu or whatever) believes in the dualistic balancing nature of the force and they accept the force as a whole... namely dark and light, hate and love, the function of suffering for a cause, pleasure and pain...in general embracing all aspects of the force. In this manner they are related to the philosophical group of the school of life who practise realism. If I see the inquisitor in rebels you can see that he is strong in the force, because he is so dedicated to the cause. They seem to be religious zealots to the extreme.

Maybe this is why vader sought out this ancient group who are affiliated to the jedi and the sith and the reason Vader could persuade them to work for him is because he was special, he was born out of the force and this is the reason they worship him and follow him blindly. I don't think this group necessarily has the same motives as the Sith ( they just adore power and lust and embody only this evil aspect of the force, an aspect that is Always ultimately self destructive.

I think the main Inquisitor will be someone either looking for Luke because he is the natural heir to Vader's position because of this special lineage or because he is in some ways related to Vader as in the latest child of Vader ( not born of love), but less gifted in the force who proved himself in the purification of the jedi and what would explain his malformations and his mask or option 3 he is not related and he wants to seek out Luke as he is the only one who can activate this superweapon for his death and resurrection objective because of a misguided altruism. Maybe this guy only seeks love and approval and embodies this dual nature of the force and wants to eradicate the errors of the past ( Like Vader killing the Emperor) with the help of this superweapon ending the war and giving the force a chance for rebirth. This guy looks like the tragic character of the phantom of the opera, manipulating from the shadows. Maybe this tormented figure even falls in love with Rey and tries to convince her of this noble intentions and the will of the Force and thats why he holds her captive.

But I guess there will also be some ancient Sith Lord ( voice of serkis) in some kind of communication beyond the grave with Luke? ...

Plagueis could be a minor character in this story, but I don't see him as a main villain. and no descendants of dooku, Maul... they were seriously underdeveloped, the first was just visually interesting, the second one was menacing cause he was christopher Lee.

20. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Gosh Plagueis has been posted a lot in this thread he must be favourite to rise above death & make his long awaited return.

21. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    People say they're sick of hearing about Plagueis yet don't offer up any ideas of their own. On the Empire thread, I expressed my concerns about having the Empire return but offered a bunch of ideas on how it COULD work or how something else can work.

Assembler and plaidphoenix like this.
  22. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Not only that, but his droid is mentioned as well.

Immortiss likes this.
  23. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I think the fact that Plagueis is mentioned in a new official novel adds a little weight to the idea that he might be the grand villain behind it all.

Immortiss likes this.
  24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Depends on how he was mentioned.

25. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    That's an interesting context with which Sidious would be recalling his former Master.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.