main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well HASBRO PR asked them to take down the pic of the action figures, so it's totally legit, which is good because Kylo looks AWESOME :D

2. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Any time now.

3. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Are there more than two Sith? If there are will they be battling it out for top spot? The trailer scene is Kylo Ren on a relic hunt when he runs into another Sith wannabe?

4. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    [face_thinking]

Be right back... Lemme check the TFA script that my source snuck out of Pinewood Studios last July.

5. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    If that figure is the arch villain, the costume is too bland, and the helmet is too much like Vader's.

6. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    The clothes don't make the man. It's the man that makes the clothes. :)

7. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Agreed. I love the helmet anyway, but I'm far more interested in Kylo Ren's character and motivations.

8. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004

That's right. Al Bundy was a simple woman's shoe salesman, but he once scored four touchdowns in a Polk High football game. He's legendary.

[​IMG]

9. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    The mask looks older to me. It'll be interesting to see if Vaders helmet/mask had in world inspiration from past Lords of the Sith.

TK327 likes this.
  10. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Kylo Ren could have the plainest costume, but that wouldn't matter if his character is complex and twisted enough to compensate. Hannibal Lecter is always either in a straight jacket or just civilian clothes, yet he's one of cinema's most intriguing, sadistic villains there is.

Anyway, I think the helmet looks cool. If you were to slap a control box on his torso and attach a cod piece over his nether-regions, he'd look quite similar to Vader. This guy's definitely trying to emulate the late dark lord.

Han Drolo, Rabs, TK327 and 4 others like this.
  11. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    That depends. Would you accept a third party, out-of-state, post-dated check drawn on the First Intragalactic Bank of Alderaan?

Royale w/ Codeine likes this.
  12. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014

plaidphoenix likes this.
  13. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    That Kylo Ren design kinda looks similar to this:

[​IMG]

14. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    good catch I'd forgotten about that (wasn't it a Joe Johnston Halloween costume?)

Satipo likes this.
  15. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    It is Joe Johnston in the suit. Very first Vader costume test.

Satipo likes this.
  16. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Agreed, Tarkin had an incredibly bland uniform but was still brilliantly portrayed by Peter Cushing. His performance made the character.

I've just had a thought... if we go with the idea that Kylo Ren collects Sith relics for a minute; supposing he is the graverobber and takes Vader's Helmet and repairs and refashions it into his own? The finished product may be mostly new parts, but symbolically refashioning it for his own use is the sort of creepy thing I could see him doing, especially if he's got a lightsabre relic and made it his own too. Just an idea...

17. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    We don't know the details of the suit,his powers, etc. I think he looks great, clean, futuristic, and can't wait to see it on screen. Can't wait to hear his voice.

Darth Malgus likes this.
  18. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Also, let's face it, if our first glimpse of Maul or Vader was as an unpainted toy prototype, they might not look that impressive.

Captain B, Han Drolo, Rabs and 3 others like this.
  19. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    He is an evolution of Vader, not only the helmet but the entire body. His black costume is tighter, he is cloaked, slimmer... He looks like Vader would have if he was not part machine.

Dra--- likes this.
  20. BlueHenDave

BlueHenDave Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 21, 2013
    IF he is on the pathway to becoming a sith....I will be happy with simple black robes. No need for gimmicks...and like someone posted, im more interested in his story and why he is evil or turning evil.

Maul, Sidious and Dooku all wore robes...well, Dooku had a more regal look. Only Vader had a complex look and that was only due to his health. I imagine if Anakin had never been injured, he would have been wearing black robes thoughout his Sith career.

Rabs likes this.
  21. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

I would use the word "inspired" before "evolution". At least for me anyways, there are not enough similarities between the two.

Satipo likes this.
  22. kwisatzh

kwisatzh Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2014
    kinda reminds me on this one more or less

[​IMG]

well anyway i guess its hard to come out with a fresh design these days --

23. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Also, let's not forget that the hood gives the mask a very different feel overall from Vader.

Han Drolo likes this.
  24. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    There's no way we can tell what the actual Kylo Ren character will look like in his entirety. The prototype had no color and it was nearly impossibe to pick out the details.

Now, what someone could do is add color to the pic and make it look REALLY cool! (hint hint-I don't have the capabilities).

But let's face it, fantasy villains (and heroes) start looking alike. That figure looks a LOT like Winter Solider with a helmet covering the head.

25. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Agreed. If he hadn't gotten the chop from Obi-Wan Anakin, in the OT, would've looked the way he did when he marched into the Jedi temple only twenty years older.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.