Speculation Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII - Spoilers Allowed' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Chosen One

star 4
    Yes.
  2. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    According to current canon...
  3. Slowpokeking Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Just use Tenebrous, his spirit is alive for sure.
  4. Circular Logic SWTV Interview Host

Game Host
    star 4
    I thought Tenebrous was trapped in a perpetual And I Must Scream fate as he was forced to relive his death for all eternity. Unless this is some kind of Sealed Evil in A Can situation...In any case, there's no way he would ever come out sane.
  5. Slowpokeking Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    A great disturbance in the Force would make it. I like Plagueis but compare to Anakin he had little connection with Luke and we don't see his spirit after his death.
  6. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    Maul came back...
  7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Chosen One

star 4
    True.
  8. Darth kRud Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  9. Darth kRud Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I foresee some kind of plague eeeous.
    Darkslayer and darklordoftech like this.
  10. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    It turns out Tenebrous had another secret apprentice. [face_skull]
    Darkslayer likes this.
  11. RE687 Force Ghost

A rumor I read about a few weeks ago mentioned that a disciple of Palpatine would the the villain the Sequel Trilogy. This got me hypothesizing that instead of introducing a brand character, they would would use an existing one-Sly Moore. We do that Palpatine closely trusted her and he trained her somewhat in Dark Side. We know virtually nothing about what happened to her after the Last of the Jedi series other than she was attempting to convert captive force potentials to the Dark Side. Perhaps she fled after Palpatine's defeat and bided her time to defeat Luke Skywalker and the Jedi Order.
  12. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    There are no rumors. Just dumb speculation.
  13. LunarMoth Force Ghost

star 4
    Too much EU in your theory.
    bstnsx704 likes this.
  14. The Hellhammer 7SA Forum Interrogator

Game Host
    star 5
    8 years of lurking is something to be commended, if nothing else.
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    I hope she runs her vast criminal enterprise out of her regular booth in Dex's Diner.
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    The "I am your father" moment of the ST will be when they pull aside the curtain to reveal that she was controlling the waitress-bot that served Obi Wan his jawa juice.
    anakinfansince1983 and Han Yolo like this.
  17. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    I hope she teams up with Trioculas...
  18. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd have no problem whatsoever getting behind a great female antagonist in the ST. As I'm whole-heartedly of the position that Luke's son should be the hero of Episodes 7, 8 and 9, I'd certainly like to see that happen long before a female protagonist this time out.

Although the motivations, pedigree and affiliation (Sith?) of the big bad is more important than his or her gender, species, etc.(and though female 'bad guys' are fairly prevalent throughout the greater SW franchise), a female villain is unheard of in the films and it could be a welcome move.

That said, Sly Moore? Nah.
  19. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    I just want a well conceived and written villain. I don't care whether male or female.

Female could certainly be interesting.
    Last edited by Captain Tom Coughlin, Apr 1, 2013
    Pro Scoundrel and TreborSabreon like this.
  20. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Merging with primary villain thread.
  21. The Hellhammer 7SA Forum Interrogator

Game Host
    star 5
    Neither would I. *nudge nudge*
  22. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    Why would you rather Luke have a son than a daughter?
  23. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, without getting too far into it now (it's late here where I am), I view the ST as a continuation (perhaps even the culmination) of the story of Episodes I-VI. As such, there are certain very definite traditions - story elements of plot, characters, setting, conflict and theme that I would like to see be maintained/expanded upon. I hope we see a continued exploration of the monomyth, for example and a John Williams score among other things.

As my signature suggests, I'm very down with Ian McDiardmid's appreciation of the theme of Skywalker father and sons (and considering my own father issues, I suppose it's no wonder that It's right at the center of my enjoyment of the saga). I think that with so much prior exploration of and emphasis upon the theme, the writers would be left with with much to play off of with Luke as a father, how he would raise a son of his own while balancing his duties with the NJO and how that son would respond to his dad and to the Skywalker legacy in general. We've even the chance to actually see a healthy Skywalker father / son relationship - imagine that! :)

It's not that I'm against a female protagonist in a Star Wars film/trilogy/what-have-you, it's just that for these next three films, in particular, I very much wish to see this opportunity taken advantage of. You know, I even say give us two heroes, a 'Ben Skywalker' and a 'Jaina Solo,' and I'll love it. In fact, as long as Luke has a son to maintain the dynamic, I wouldn't object to Luke having a daughter, as well. A father / daughter dynamic is a wondrous thing all its own (my only child is my precious, beloved little girl), but it's a very different sort of thing. It is simply that the main focus of my interest, in this particular narrative, is the story of Skywalker fathers and sons.

I know we all want different things from these films, but if it were somehow left to me to pick the next-generation hero of 7, 8 and 9, it's Luke's son, hand's down. Do I expect Luke to have a son? I'm not sure, but I sure do hope so.
    Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  24. Barth Force Ghost

star 4
    Personally, I like it. I like the idea of Plagueis figuring out some loophole that allows him to live forever. As if he created Anakin to kill Sidious, who killed Plagueis. It would be neat if Plagueis cast some magic spell that would bring him back to life after his own muderer dies. Maybe it would be set up that it would be 40 years after the death of his killer, he would be brought back to life. Maybe creating Anakin was his way of living forever. He created someone to kill his own murderer, that would ultimately bring him back to life due to his magical spell...

...Another component that nobody here seems to mention is to make use of the netherworld of the Force. Qui-gon, Obi-wan, Yoda, and Anakin are in some etherial plane right now, and maybe they see the spirit of Plagueis resurface, and hence have to warn Luke to be ready.
    Last edited by Barth, Apr 1, 2013
    Darth Archimage and Darkslayer like this.
  25. Darth_Pevra Chosen One

star 5
    Father-son was already explored enough imo. And by the way a good father-son relationship = little conflict!

Give us something new already. We're going to get enough callbacks and other traditional star wars elements as it is.

Father-daughter also has a dynamic to it but a bit different. More interesting because not yet done in SW context.